The Falkirk FC Thread

The reality of it all is there was a breach of contract and there was always going to be some sort of compensation and/or fine. The minor details were either the club(Falkirk) or McKinnon himself who were liable, although the general outcome is that the club(Falkirk) will shoulder any fine, compo.

The top of my head, I can only think of 3 managers who have left clubs to move to another in Scotland McCall from us to Utd in which we received monies allegedly from Utd in the transfers of Kerr and Samuel to Utd as compo, Johnston Qos to Kilmarnock in which Queens got around 30k and McCall Alloa to Dundee albeit that one seemed a bit sneakier in which Alloa still had rights to compo, it was alleged some form of extra payment for players to Dundee like their neighbours Utd did with us.

So I really dont want any Morton players, is 30k ok or Dallison and Fasan for free with us paying their wages

I find it laughable folk bringing the rules of employment into this, anyone with half a brain knows that football within players and managers have rules that are not even rules anywhere and in Scotland it tends to change in how the wind blows, which can be a worry for us albeit our governing body tends to favour the bigger clubs !!!

Edited by MrDust

Speaking to a member of the spfl today they said the inexperience in the Falkirk board had a lot to do with the way Falkirk went about there Business but McKinnon must stand up in this matter he said in the past months 

Oh I wasn't under contract at Morton Really 

Hope Morton take both of the Management to Court 

Speaking to a member of the spfl today they said the inexperience in the Falkirk board had a lot to do with the way Falkirk went about there Business but McKinnon must stand up in this matter he said in the past months 

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

f**k off gimp

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I watch most of Leeds' games and go down to a couple a season so I think we'll have to agree to disagree on why they're doing so well this season vs previous seasons.

The manager is the most important person at the club. If we get that right it'll change everything, regardless of academies/journeymen/use of the loan market/signing Hibs rejects etc etc.

I can't see where I am disagreeing with you.

Bielsa is quite amazing and has revolutionized Leeds with only a couple of new signings.  His reliance on youth to help plug the gaps from a horrendous injury list now just makes me love him even more. 

The reason Leeds are doing so well is down to Bielsa. I have been watching them for 25 years+ and I can't remember a better manager at ER.

Also the fans love the fact that players like Jack Clarke  & Jamie Shackleton are getting first team games and playing well because they're "one of our own" - exactly how we felt and sung about Sibbald and all the others before him. We have sold all that down the river now and I think we have lost the identify we had as one of the best in Scotland for bringing through youth. 

9 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Based on the claimed costs for a "Premiership club" and the total lack of any young players at the club. 

Refer her to the relevant authorities then, is filing falsified accounts not a crime? 

The 400k isn't in any accounts, it has only been verbalized by ML. 

It had the desired effect though as you have the likes of EdiBairn quoting it as fact, with no way of backing it up.

43 minutes ago, Newmember said:

You write like an absolute fucking simpleton so I sincerely hope you're not involved in discussions with any SPFL "members".

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You write like an absolute fucking simpleton so I sincerely hope you're not involved in discussions with any SPFL "members".

His ITK pish on here is every bit as tedious as when he knew f**k all about what was happening with Dunfermline recently.