The Falkirk FC Thread

If we dont sign a RB I'll be fuming. Problem position for years and none of the options at the club are close to being good enough.
Kidd has done his best the past few games but it's fairly obvious he's not good enough at this level at RB. He did a turn at CM last season so I'd probably keep his as a backup CM till the summer.

1 hour ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Think it's fair to assume we'll be going with a few players to the end of the season we'd all rather were moved on.

Keeping rudden ought to be first priority closely followed by a competent keeper. Although our defensive options are horribly limited I believe midfield needs more urgently addressing. Assuming Paton stays, we'll require 3 strong players minimum that will allow us to empty shit like Kidd McKee and Sammut, although I expect we'll be saddled with one or two of those unfortunately.

No problem with keeping Petra but one new forward at least required.

I'd be tempted to shift Tommy to LM with Russel or new LB behind McGhee and muirhead cb plus new rb, plz

I heard on Saturday that Sevco are taking Rudden back.

22 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

If we dont sign a RB I'll be fuming. Problem position for years and none of the options at the club are close to being good enough.
Kidd has done his best the past few games but it's fairly obvious he's not good enough at this level at RB. He did a turn at CM last season so I'd probably keep his as a backup CM till the summer.

Ray may well sign a right back but it would be for cover only. He's perfectly happy with the quality Kidd brings to that position at the moment.

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Jonny Flynn retired from football, only 29. Loved his attitude.

Kept on trying even though he was pretty hopeless. Pressley apart from the odd gem like Taylor was utterly clueless in the recruitment department . May, Presley, Holt, Houston and Hartley all feckin hopeless when it came to signing decent players.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Agree with that too. Remember Flynn and Smith playing together for the 1st time at Partick? :barf Almost made Dallison look good! (Almost)

I never rated Flynn bar a few decent games but Id have him over Dallison, Id even have Smith instead of Dallison

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I heard on Saturday that Sevco are taking Rudden back.

Surely Hardie return from Livvy would be a better option if there is a view to contribute, Rudden is way far off being near a Rangers team. Rudden with a year with us will improve him more than going back to play yoof fitba and the odd bench place, he is still very raw and tbh his work rate is getting him game time more than his ability at the moment

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I never rated Flynn bar a few decent games but Id have him over Dallison, Id even have Smith instead of Dallison

Surely Hardie return from Livvy would be a better option if there is a view to contribute, Rudden is way far off being near a Rangers team. Rudden with a year with us will improve him more than going back to play yoof fitba and the odd bench place, he is still very raw and tbh his work rate is getting him game time more than his ability at the moment

Hardies just back from injury and for all we know may be on a no return seasons loan. I do agree though rudden's got feck all chance of getting near the currant buns first team.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Ray may well sign a right back but it would be for cover only. He's perfectly happy with the quality Kidd brings to that position at the moment.

Ray must be watching a different game to the rest of us as Kidd has been honking at RB and cost us 3 points against Alloa.  Also are you planning to respond to Craig's post to you?

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

They must have all been very lucky, cause we've had a fair few gems in there too. 

That's vile. Reported. 

Since Hughes lost the plot up to the Hartley era our duds have outnumbered our gems hugely. Signings I would put in the real gems category would be Farid(all be it only one season with us unfortunately and we got feck all for him), Taylor, McGovern, Vaulks, Leahy (eventually), Loy( the first time obviously), Peter Grant, Tom Taiwo, Higginbottom( more for the cash we got as he only actually kicked a ball for us for half a season), mark millar( shame that like Higginbottom his  first season was awful).  Thats 10 in about 9 years . Yes you also had the likes of baird, kerr and miller who did ok.  But even when you add all them in you're lucky if we're making 2 decent signings a season so its no surprise we're still in the championship.  Only once we sort this area of the club out will we have any chance of promotion.

20 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Ray must be watching a different game to the rest of us as Kidd has been honking at RB and cost us 3 points against Alloa.  Also are you planning to respond to Craig's post to you?

Didn't realise blowing out your arse was seen as a footballing quality.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

If Ray is 'perfectly happy' with Kidd, I'd be worried about that his eye for a player.

Thankfully there's a 99% chance that you're talking out your hoop.

Unusually for me but i'm going to go against the majority view and say we look to keep Haber, he wins everything in the air and his attitude seems to have improved lately, he puts himself about now. Definitely a player there, like Petra, but you have to play to their strengths.  

We've got better, going from a team that couldn't get out our own half to a team that is at least competing and getting a few points. I think everyone can see how important the next transfer window is. 

Edited by knee jerk reaction

2 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Unusually for me but i'm going to go against the majority view and say we look to keep Haber, he wins everything in the air and his attitude seems to have improved lately, he puts himself about now. Definitely a player there, like Petra, but you have to play to their strengths.  

We've got better, going from a team that couldn't get out our own half to a team that is at least competing and getting a few points. I think everyone can see how important the next transfer window is. 

Image result for limmy gif

3 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Are you off your nut?If this transfer window is that important punting Haber should be one of the first things we do.  He has yet to score a feckin goal for christs sake.  We need strikers that are going to put the ball in the back of the net as well as the  required basic of having a decent attitude.  If we are relying on him after the window shuts we may as well switch the lights off at TFS

Love how Edi gave it about 48 hours after his absolute spanking to come back and start talking utter shite again. 

The "Quality" Kidd brings :lol: 

7 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Not a fucking chance should that imposter be anywhere near the team.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Honestly, keep him. He can do turnstiles on match days or something. 

I'd say there's been a lot of decidedly average players at this level, there's been  few genuine duds of Andy Haworth quality for example. There's been a few ruined by shite man management. Jack Compton springs to mind, could have been decent had he been better managed. And yet despite that, we've consistently finished above teams that apparently sign better players and have better coaches. :blink:

Only really the last Houston season and the Hartley saga that's generally been a shit fest. 

Thats ok if you want to wander along in the championship but to win titles you need your recruitment to be excellent. That surely has been our number one priority since we got relegated but with the recruitment record we have its no surprise we havent really got close to winning the league apart from one season under Holt.  Managers live and die by this aspect of the job . Top managers get good players in and make very few mistakes in this area of the game. Ours since Hughes have not been anywhere near good enough. We can only hope that McKinnon will buck that trend or we'll be stuck in this league for a whole lot longer or end up in the seaside leagues.

Not sure you can say that about Compton as hes done feck all since leaving us too.  Now at Chippenham Town at the age of 30. Not every manager of the 15 plus that have had him can be bad man managers surely.

Edited by Shodwall cat