The Falkirk FC Thread

Seems to be a feeling building that everything will be fine when we get to January.

I will reserve judgement until we see the quality of the signings. That will tell you if McKinnon is getting proper backing from Chairman Statement or buttons
It cant be made worse. That alone is reason for optimism. Good signings and some luck required.

The reason for my sense of optimism is that out of the teams who need to strengthen (Us, Alloa, Partick, Morton, Pars) I think we have the best manager. If we can combine that with hopefully the second best (expect Partick to exceed us) budget then I think hooefully we will be ok.

Given that we will be effectively starting on an even (or pretty close to) keel with two other team in a race from January to May, we couldnt have given ourselves a better chance and thats all because of McKinnon.

You are right about reserving judgement of course, but if we go down from the position we are in now, we will have deserved it and McKinnon will then have to take the blame.

Its Hartleys fault we are here in the first place just to be clear.

Seems to be a feeling building that everything will be fine when we get to January.

I will reserve judgement until we see the quality of the signings. That will tell you if McKinnon is getting proper backing from Chairman Statement or buttons

It could also tell us about the lack of decent players in our wage bracket available in the January window. We NEED at least two gems.

The minute you appoint a “CEO”, you are effectively renouncing “club” status, in favour of “company” status......no matter what is says on the door. We might all care as much now as we did in ‘95, but the targets are much less visible now, and t’internet has opened a shedload of avenues for spleens to be vented individually rather than collectively. It’s a great way for dissipating anger.

Back then, it was the phone and the getting together that were the only tools available. Nice and direct.

53 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The minute you appoint a “CEO”, you are effectively renouncing “club” status, in favour of “company” status......no matter what is says on the door. We might all care as much now as we did in ‘95, but the targets are much less visible now, and t’internet has opened a shedload of avenues for spleens to be vented individually rather than collectively. It’s a great way for dissipating anger.

Back then, it was the phone and the getting together that were the only tools available. Nice and direct.

Don't forget the motor car! Nice an directly oaf the road.

#legend

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It cant be made worse. That alone is reason for optimism. Good signings and some luck required.

The reason for my sense of optimism is that out of the teams who need to strengthen (Us, Alloa, Partick, Morton, Pars) I think we have the best manager. If we can combine that with hopefully the second best (expect Partick to exceed us) budget then I think hooefully we will be ok.

Given that we will be effectively starting on an even (or pretty close to) keel with two other team in a race from January to May, we couldnt have given ourselves a better chance and thats all because of McKinnon.

You are right about reserving judgement of course, but if we go down from the position we are in now, we will have deserved it and McKinnon will then have to take the blame.

Its Hartleys fault we are here in the first place just to be clear.

The equation is pretty simple too. Match our peer group results most weeks, and win the head to heads. While hoping for the best, it’s hard not to (sometimes) fear the worst. The Partick and Alloa head to heads have given us one defeat, two draws and one win, so we really need to do better than tread water in those games.