The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Stood at Brockville hearing a lot worse and it never harmed me.  Some people just take it far too seriously in my book.

Thankfully we also lose most of the local neanderthals to the old firm where they can be " winners" by association for the day. 

The trouble is those that remain loyal are frustrated and concerned by downward spiral and this can lead to uncharacteristic outbursts by those who care including players fans and shareholders. Now I've no doubt the board care but as a club we need to accept the obvious and that change is necessary. The current set up is a disaster too many chiefs imo leading to consistently poor decisions by God knows who. All this racial abuse nonsense is a temporary deflection from reality and that is we are totally shite. I'm afraid that I just don't buy that Houston Hartley etc were crap and Ray is a great guy. Sure he's much more genuine that Hartley who was a little turd of a man but my fear is that unless he is given adequate resources and we address the Real  problem (lack of guts and talent in our playing staff) then we are doomed. This January window is a turning point for the club and we need to employ a different approach and make certain of staying up. If we fail then heads must role. Nobody is going to buy the let's change the manager solution once again. 

You are at a football stadium with a load of grown men granted if your in the family section you expect them to be under a bit of moderation with swearing but when your sat elsewhere at the stadium and someone says to you "can you mind your language i have my kids here" its a bit annoying whether it be yelling at a referee he's shite or another teams player for being a bit of a w****r. No rascism or any other type of abuse just simple calling someone a c**t or being shite

Forgot to add the kids have heard worse in the playground and dare i say it in some cases at home and you're telling others to mind their language at a game.

Edited by AL-FFC

4 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If you paid to go the cinema, and the boy behind the counter dropped your popcorn, would you launch into a barrage of abuse at him? Course you wouldn't, that would be the act of an utter nutter. And let's not pretend it's a sports thing, I've been to many rugby games over the years 

Stopped reading here to be honest with you. 

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I think the argument has to be about the type of abuse.

Football is theatre (or panto in our case), groaning and moaning about poor play is fair imo and like others have said, can be taken as balance for the wild celebrations that you can get, like we had up in Inverness. If you remove the tribal aspect of football then all you're left with is the quality on display which might not go down too well for us...

For me, the issues come up whenever the abuse goes beyond footballing ability and that's where the line should be drawn.

OH NO IT ISNT

17 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'd be more worried about people stuffing paper towels in sinks and harrasing players, to be fair. But thanks for the input.

I thought you were leaving the conversation and "agreeing to disagree"?

Disappointed that someone with such a strong moral code has been caught up in this silliness.