The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Newmember said:

Can anyone answer my Q 

Who are the major shareholders at Falkirk fc

Not sure but Martin Ritchie seems to be the majority shareholder, going by this article in the herald in the start of the year and what Craig said reading into it the MSG at present wanted the money but willing to give very little in regards to changes to the way the club works or is ran (or the present situation we know better as it is commonly known):

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-fans-step-back-from-bid-to-buy-into-bairns-1-4822698

3 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'm not sure that's what he was getting at, though there does seem to be a sense of entitlement in society that it's perfectly fine to abuse people if you are a customer. Let's be clear. It's not. 

Would you be ok with a customer calling you a fucking useless bellend? There's a difference between voicing an opinion about someone's performance and abusing them and it shouldn't need pointing out. 

If someone said to me i could play football for a living. Get a decent pay for doing it and the only real negative would be a bunch of folk giving me dogs abuse for 90mins on a saturday then id sign up tomorrow. Footballs different from other walks of life. Players need to realise that folk vent off steam on a saturday and that most of the time its folk just letting their frustrations get the better of them. Obviously it should never cross the line into physical or racial abuse etc or be targeted at individuals families but i do think that some players just need to ignore it for what it is. Guys letting go after a hard weeks work. Majority would cry the player for everything one minute snd then be desperate to buy them a pint in the pub the next.

6 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Hope you’re aware that the Tim hortons in Canada is so much BETTER and CHEAPER than the ones here xx

I don't know who you heard that from, but he's right x

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

We/ve missed a trick here instead of building a hotel where the west stand should be we could franchise that strip out to make it long drive through mcds, KFC, Tim Hortons and costa all drive thru would make a killing for those that park at the ground

Tim Horton's and a big, f**k off, A&W, be the pioneers, do it. 

33 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A Canadian style one or just the bog standard Scottish one?

Scottish one will make you loads eh money 

Nah, I'm not buying that at all. How can any sane person vilify a racist, yet defend the rights of other people to stand for 90 minutes and hurl abuse at someone? You realise both are illegal, aye? The pice won't give a f**k about the "its different at football" chat. You want to tell someone he's bad at his job, fine. Calling him a fucking c**t etc steps over a line and shows what kind of person you are. 

You want to blow off steam at the end of the week, get pished and have a square go in the park. Using football as justification for being a Neanderthal just doesn't work. 
Tribalism is a human instinct. You can argue about where the line is, but football IS most peoples outlet for that sort of behaviour. Not sure thats up for debate.

If you want to argue that shouting abuse at the football is over that line, then fine butthe product which thrives on the tribal instincts of supporters would almost certainly die.

I'll happily argue over where the line is, yeah. No issues with that at all. 

The problem about tribalism is that it can lead to racism amongst other things. So, you can have an attempt at a compromise between atmosphere and civility, or let the abuse flow with the understanding that's it's going to lead to the occasional arse that sees it as justification for racist abuse. Because to a minority there's no difference between c*nt and a racist slur. 

But I'm probably in a minority of one here. One of many reasons why I rarely go to games anymore. 
Na... Once again, like our board should have... Racist abuse should be treated as a crime and a stand alone issue, dealt with by the authorities.

I am a bit scratching my head as to what your implication is here. Should I not not react and shout the odd bit of verbal from the stand in case I empower someone else to air their racist views? Not saying that IS your point, I just dont fully understand what your point is.

Football is a spirt built on rivalry and competition and fans are a vital part of that. Normal civilised people can recognise that and even if they do get a bit shouty on a Saturday afternoon they know that there are numerous lines in terms of verbal and physical abuse that they should not and would not cross. This explains why only a handful of bellends fight eith opposing fans rather than have a bit of craic with them in here or in the pub.

Let me give you an example and you can tell me where you stand. I was shouting absue at Brian Graham against County because he was stood over Aero accusing him of being at it when he was very clearly hurt. Something the lines of "f**k off you, hope your the next one lying on the deck"

Now while I dont actually wish any harm on Brian Graham, I was seething in that moment during a tight tense game.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Nah, I'm not buying that at all. How can any sane person vilify a racist, yet defend the rights of other people to stand for 90 minutes and hurl abuse at someone? You realise both are illegal, aye? The pice won't give a f**k about the "its different at football" chat. You want to tell someone he's bad at his job, fine. Calling him a fucking c**t etc steps over a line and shows what kind of person you are. 

You want to blow off steam at the end of the week, get pished and have a square go in the park. Using football as justification for being a Neanderthal just doesn't work. 

So is calling a player a useless c**t ok then ? Just no a fucking c**t?

12 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Mike would never overrule a manager on a signing unless it was going to cost too much. He's said repeatedly in interviews he gives the manager a budget and it's up to him to use it. He lets the manager get on with it.

I can't see any chairperson overruling a manager on who they are signing going well. Isn't that why you got Ray in the first place?

You are missing the point. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 players. Hartley was allowed to sign 16 players, without having seen them "live" and many were young players with no real playing history in the senior game  - placing all his faith in a scout (who was rumored to also be an agent) . Don't you think that is just a little bit reckless?

Before you answer have a look at where FFC are now.

I'd expect at least some governance, or at least diligence, from the Chairman to prevent a potential catastrophic situation -  unless they were absolutely behind , & complicit in, this strategy.