The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye, the first one to open in the UK was in Dunfermline. 

This is awkward now, I don't expect you to know when a branch of Tim Horton's opens, I just expect better. 

And they're shite compared to the Canada ones, and more expensive, massively frustrating. 
Look m8 do you wamt a fucking donut or not?

A boy I know was charged with breach of the peace this season after being accused of racially abusing a player. At an away game the clubs cameraman claimed he had heard someone racially abusing Nat Wedderburn, and that he had video footage where he could hear the offending words but not who said it. After being charged the police still wouldn’t show this footage where you could hear the abuse, and after being charged with breach of peace the case was dropped before it got to court due to there being literally no evidence. Assume this will happen to the accused Falkirk fan?

Yup. This and a standing round of applause in the eighth minute at Saturday's game to commemorate the eight hours he spent under police interrogation.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

This is awkward now, I don't expect you to know when a branch of Tim Horton's opens, I just expect better. 

And they're shite compared to the Canada ones, and more expensive, massively frustrating. 

Look m8 do you wamt a fucking donut or not?

It's not even opened yet. Take him to the Gulnar instead followed by a few jars in the Commercial. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It's not even opened yet. Take him to the Gulnar instead followed by a few jars in the Commercial. 

There's a pub called the commercial in Dunfermline. 

Bairnardo can come, have his doughnuts then have a few jars of tennents before getting himself so far to f**k out the beautiful toon x

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's a pub called the commercial in Dunfermline. 

Bairnardo can come, have his doughnuts then have a few jars of tennents before getting himself so far to f**k out the beautiful toon x

It will be nice to see your maw again...

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Also there's no way day to day decisions can be done remotely by a BOD who are largely absent and meet now and again - that would be just bizarre.     

They're not- which is why Craig Campbell is employed as a Chief Executive to make day to day decisions. The role of Margaret Lang(or any chairman) isn't to run the business. It's to provide oversight and co-ordination to the rest of the Board(which granted hasn't been happening as it might have). Obviously she will be involved in board discussions but responsibility for the running of the club is Craig Campbell's.

I'm not sure why the majority of the focus seems to be on removing what is effectively an unpaid volunteer when we have a man being paid a substantial sum of money to supposedly run a football club. He's clearly failing to do so and should be removed from his position IMO. There's a huge amount of misunderstanding about what the role of a chairman is. 

Who would you replace her with anyway? 

Regarding the taste.... it depends on wether you get a coffee from a freshly brewed pot or one that's been sitting for a bit.... quite a difference in the taste.
Cost for an extra large here is $2.45 which is about £1.45.
I have at least 4 Tim Hortons possibly 5 within a mile of where I am.
You want a fuckin crate of donuts?

34 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

Regarding the taste.... it depends on wether you get a coffee from a freshly brewed pot or one that's been sitting for a bit.... quite a difference in the taste.
Cost for an extra large here is $2.45 which is about £1.45.
I have at least 4 Tim Hortons possibly 5 within a mile of where I am.
You want a fuckin crate of donuts?

Aye when I was over there it was far cheaper, price of doughnuts especially. I was hoping when Tim Horton's come over here they'd keep there Canada Prices and boot the arse out of Krispy Kreme but they've fallen in line with their prices. 

There was a delightful fast food place called A&W which absolutely beat the c**t out of McDonalds and Burger King, was my food of choice when getting shitered, and then again when I was inevitably hungover. 

6 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

They're not- which is why Craig Campbell is employed as a Chief Executive to make day to day decisions. The role of Margaret Lang(or any chairman) isn't to run the business. It's to provide oversight and co-ordination to the rest of the Board(which granted hasn't been happening as it might have). Obviously she will be involved in board discussions but responsibility for the running of the club is Craig Campbell's.

I'm not sure why the majority of the focus seems to be on removing what is effectively an unpaid volunteer when we have a man being paid a substantial sum of money to supposedly run a football club. He's clearly failing to do so and should be removed from his position IMO. There's a huge amount of misunderstanding about what the role of a chairman is. 

I don't think there is a misunderstanding about what the role of a chairman is..........in the outside world -  but this is football. A quick glance at the other clubs in our league & who their chairman/woman is will tell you that the chair is very much running the club. From Mulraney to Rae to Low to MacGregor to Cameron to Martin - it's only us who think we are "fancy pants" and need a CEO.      

I agree with you that Campbell is failing big style and must go. But Lang is partly responsible and her performance at the recent Q&A with the fans, when CC stayed silent, shows she certainly has a firm grasp of the reins and is 100% behind the failing strategy.   

The consortium that were looking to buy the club have a good few candidates that could replace ML ,with better ideas on the way forward . I'd also take BPM in a heartbeat.  I don't think any of them (or the chairmen at the other clubs above ) would allow Hartley to sign a team & a half of duds without seeing them play, then systematically pay them all off  eventually. What a monumental mess, really give us anyone else. 

Edited by Hank von Hell

40 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

The consortium that were looking to buy the club have a good few candidates that could replace ML ,with better ideas on the way forward . I'd also take BPM in a heartbeat.  I don't think any of them (or the chairmen at the other clubs above ) would allow Hartley to sign a team & a half of duds without seeing them play, then systematically pay them all off  eventually. What a monumental mess, really give us anyone else. 

This 'consortium' were unable to prove they have sufficient funds to take over and keep the club afloat so the current BoD are quite rightly not prepared to sell to them. The guy at the head of it certainly doesn't have either the experience or finance needed for the role IMO.

They'll easily get the more gullible fans aboard with promises of reopening the academy and 'sack the board' but I've yet to see a serious plan that ensures the viability of the football club or what they'd do differently.

Edited by EdiBairn

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Surely the fact that she isnt sacking the clown is a good reason to boot her in the first place never mind all the other pish she continues to spout about why the academy was shut down.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely the fact that she isnt sacking the clown is a good reason to boot her in the first place never mind all the other pish she continues to spout about why the academy was shut down.

She can't just sack him- he's a director so it'd have to go to at least a majority vote.

Edited by EdiBairn

4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

She can't just sack him- he's a director so it'd have to go to at least a majority vote.

He's a paid employee.  So you are telling me that to fire him it would need to go to a vote of the share holders?  George Craig was also on the bod and a paid employee but he was removed without any of that pish. Surely its the CEO role that is on the board and whoever fills that role. Not the individual themselves.

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's a paid employee.  So you are telling me that to fire him it would need to go to a vote of the share holders?  George Craig was also on the bod and a paid employee but he was removed without any of that pish. Surely its the CEO role that is on the board and whoever fills that role. Not the individual themselves.

No, a 'role' can't be a director of a company. It's the individual occupying it, in this case Craig Campbell. He can be fired from his CEO poison but he'll still be on the board unless voted off it.

Edited by EdiBairn

52 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

This 'consortium' were unable to prove they have sufficient funds to take over and keep the club afloat so the current BoD are quite rightly not prepared to sell to them. The guy at the head of it certainly doesn't have either the experience or finance needed for the role IMO.

They'll easily get the more gullible fans aboard with promises of reopening the academy and 'sack the board' but I've yet to see a serious plan that ensures the viability of the football club or what they'd do differently.

It's nothing to do with finance - you just asked me who would I replace her with and I just offered some examples. She has no shares anyway., no investment.

Do you seriously think anyone could do a worse job? 

Oh and good deflection tactics in ignoring all my points to attack some guy at the head of a consortium instead. 

Utter ignorance of the facts of the consortium.

The consortium was offered two seats on the Board and were told by one of the MSG “we don’t need your money”.