The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

I'd be more surprised if they haven't. I'm sure they'll find some way to pin that on the supporters too.

Fortunately, it's one bit of bad news they won't be able to bury, spin or simply ignore as I imagine Morton will be shouting a decision in their favour from the rooftops. And rightly so.

I'm feeling that way too now. Given her background if we do get fined, Lang should resign within the hour. 

Honestly didn't think we could possibly downgrade from George Craig and yet here we are.

11 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I believe ML is receiving undeserved flak on here. She is a great supporter of the club. There is a role for people like her who give up their time to do a job for fellow supporters.That role perhaps shouldn't be as a leader but it's unfair that a lady lawyer without any ownership of the club or experience in running a fitba team should be expected to perform miracles in what is a very tough arena. . The club needs a commited owner who can wheel n deal in a complex market that's full of  shrewd characters and chancers with a track record of winning against the odds. In the absence of one coming forward then sadly we will probably continue to be mediocre. Maybe Mr Alloa has taken them as far as he can and would fancy a shot at running a bigger club who should be in the top league. Just a thought! 

Mr Mulraney said this week when asked about Falkirk . No way would I leave Alloa for a diddy Club 

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I'm feeling that way too now. Given her background if we do get fined, Lang should resign within the hour. 

Honestly didn't think we could possibly downgrade from George Craig and yet here we are.

Oh we are not quite there yet. Unless of course, there’s demands from HMRC that have been hidden away for several months in the hope that it will all just go away. Even then, GC’s rise from tent salesman to CEO or whatever it was he became, will be hard to beat.

To be fair, he still managed to bluff his way into gigs at Killie and Hibs, so he certainly must be a very skilled yarn spinner.

22 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Genuine question here. In the event the Campbell and Lang (correct spelling) are ousted,then who replaces them ??

Lex Miller? Andy Thomson?  Martin Ritchie?

God help us.

Well Campbell is a paid lackey. There are plenty of those available for the salary he's trousering. 

Lang going.. why knows. Who cares really. Maybe wee Lewis from Falkirk TV. He'd do as good a job.

A boy I know was charged with breach of the peace this season after being accused of racially abusing a player. At an away game the clubs cameraman claimed he had heard someone racially abusing Nat Wedderburn, and that he had video footage where he could hear the offending words but not who said it. After being charged the police still wouldn’t show this footage where you could hear the abuse, and after being charged with breach of peace the case was dropped before it got to court due to there being literally no evidence. Assume this will happen to the accused Falkirk fan?

What a sad little man you must be.

I work 5 days a week in a job where I have to be polite and calm often in the face of very aggressive situations. On a Saturday I can shout at players , opponents and officials in a manner that would get me sacked at work. It’s therapy for many. I never racially abuse people, I am not sectarian and not homophobic I just like thousands of others enjoy a good rant at the football . I also love cheering ( not this season obviously)

8 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

She doesn't make decisions 

So what is the point of her...........and the mute CEO.

Surly they both come up with the main strategy together and put it before the BOD for approval???  Also there's no way day to day decisions can be done remotely by a BOD who are largely absent and meet now and again - that would be just bizarre.     

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Take it theres nae Tim Hortons in Dunfermline then?

Jealousy is an ugly emotion. Come through and I'll buy you a donut m8

Aye, the first one to open in the UK was in Dunfermline. 

This is awkward now, I don't expect you to know when a branch of Tim Horton's opens, I just expect better. 

And they're shite compared to the Canada ones, and more expensive, massively frustrating.