The Falkirk FC Thread

[mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] for chairman
Can we talk more about this tomorrow? I am unexpectedly drinking Tennents this evening and would hate to commit to anything I couldnt fulfill.

What I can commit to right now is repeated and ruthless keyboard warriorism in support of getting Laing and Campbell squarely tae f**k in favour of the reported consortium who will no doubt be keen to install me as figurehead.

In the meantime, if our board can apologise to the wider fanbase and the individuals involved in their misguided and vile attempt to use the spectre of racism to try and ward off any and all criticism coming their way that would satisfy this particular keyboard warrior/chairman elect.

Can we talk more about this tomorrow? I am unexpectedly drinking Tennents this evening and would hate to commit to anything I couldnt fulfill.

What I can commit to right now is repeated and ruthless keyboard warriorism in support of getting Laing and Campbell squarely tae f**k in favour of the reported consortium who will no doubt be keen to install me as figurehead.

In the meantime, if our board can apologise to the wider fanbase and the individuals involved in their misguided and vile attempt to use the spectre of racism to try and ward off any and all criticism coming their way that would satisfy this particular keyboard warrior/chairman elect.

Oh it all ok, sorry lads, group hug.......till the next time [emoji49]

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Enjoy brother.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm finished now. At 1800 I was aff the drink. Scotrail fuckups neccessitated some lubricant.

Thats me back aff it again now as I have reached my destination.

FYI, the Station Hotel in Perth is the single worst pint of T I have ever had.

You have never been to the Barnyard at Coatbridge.  Bad enough having to go to an Albion Rovers game. Walked into what can only be described as the Coatbridge version of the Star Wars Bar was surreal.  Gave me the Dry Boak while in there and the Wet Boak later on in the evening  !

I'm not sure why Lang seems to be taking all the heat here while Campbell's getting off lightly. Craig Campbell is employed as a paid CEO to run the club on  day-to-day basis. The club has only gone one way since he came in with his 'Falkirk is  championship club' rubbish and it hasn't been upwards. Margaret Lang is just a figurehead and getting rid of her wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. At least she's been visible while Campbell seems to have vanished in recent months.

Craig Campbell is responsible for the majority of the issues that have happened and he's the one who needs to go.

Edited by EdiBairn

6 hours ago, drs said:

Mods please, ban this racist w****r. Dearie dearie me, would you say "the 9 white lads?" No you wouldn't, I never knew Stenny was a hotbed of racism.

Well yes, if they were white you could have referred to them as white, if that was a distinguishing feature. In the same way if they had ginger hair, an afro etc etc, context is of course key, everything about a person's appearance could conceivably be used as an insult but it doesn't mean that every use of the word is insulting. 

From what I remember at East End Park the Prince is indeed black, he also has blonde streaks in his hair and is of average height with an athletic build. 8/10.

None of that is insulting, although with a few more choice words thrown in with a different tone it could be, absolutely. But referring to a black man as simply being black with no malicious undertones about that? Never in a million years racist. 

6 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Says the guy who just referred to a couple o fpmauers as "black lads" twice in a thread where people are discussing racism. 

Sheesh. 

See above. 

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
I'm not saying it's  a widespread problem with Falkirk, not at all. 
It's just worrying that every club seems to have a couple of people who seem to be that way, you'd think it would've been eradicated by now

You're not eradicating it because to a lot of people, certain words will never be deemed racist. I have had this conversation on this very thread before and dont wish to re open it, but its a fact. Ignorance is miles more prevalent than racism and that is not going away anytime soon.

Was it on this thread where someone used the word chinky? 

A quick Google just to give myself piece of mind that the term black isn't contrived as offensive or racist brought up a couple of articles to back that up. This article has a pretty good summation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/black-women-people-of-colour-racism-beyonce-coachella-black-lives-matter-a8316561.html%3famp

"There was an immediate reaction to me saying the word “black”. The office instantly felt awkward, uncomfortable even. As if I had said a racist slur. And I get it: racial terminology can be daunting for white people. 

Ends up going on about Beyonce a bit. 

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is even more ridiculous than that. Shouting and swearing. Imagine if everyone was up for that. Stands would be empty and the cells would be in everyone’s house.

We need fans who care enough to shout and swear at the shambles we are. What we don't need is any more  crappy players of any colour or creed who cant stick the ball in the net. 

Drawing at home with Alloa is a disgrace having them run all over us is a joke! 

Edited by Stainrod