The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't get the criticism of Fasan, at least not at the level it's at. I think we've had far worse 'keepers, some of whom have already been mentioned. 

He's made some crucial saves at times this season, probably earning us a few points in the process so let's not all just jump on the bandwagon, instead, get behind the guy ffs!

You're right, we need somebody behind him, another keeper.

He couldn't even deal with a passback across him yesterday without making an arse of it.

24 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

You're right, we need somebody behind him, another keeper.

He couldn't even deal with a passback across him yesterday without making an arse of it.

:lol: I'm assuming you didn't read the rest of the thread before you posted this?

Sorry, possibly might be on the game thread, I had just read this thread and there was only criticism of Fasan.
It's generally accepted that McGhee is a decent enough player in the championship who made a mistake.

Fasan on the other hand is fucking permenantly terrible.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

:lol: Ha ha ha, well that's fair cheered up my Sunday. :thumsup2:P

Some idiot's just red-dotted my earlier defence of Leo Fasan. What are these people all about? He's our goalkeeper and a bloody good one at that. Easily one of the best I've seen.*

* With a beard. (not including designer stubble, heavy growth or bum fluff)

The relationship between Fasan and Harrison looked particularly bad yesterday. Every time they were involved it was brutal to watch. To me, it all seems to come from a total failure of Fasan to communicate. Harrison might be to blame too, but it looks to me like Fasan doesnt talk
I have sat near the front of theSouth Stand right behind the goals for most of the home games this season. I have never heard his voice once. A keeper needs to work with and talk to the defenders to help cohesion but with him not a peep. And as for crosses. A complete waste of 6ft 2in

While I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of 9 first team replacements arriving in January, I will set aside my disbelief for a moment, and go with the flow that it will happen.

For the sake of argument, let’s say they arrive in three groups of three. What would be the individual preferences of which three people would like to see gone from the starting eleven in the first group?

For me, it would be a new keeper a right back, and a midfielder

Thereafter, it would be two attack and one midfield.

Group 3 would be one midfield, two central defence (assuming we are not going to play on the break forever).

Of that personal wish list, I think we will do well to get four.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

While I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of 9 first team replacements arriving in January, I will set aside my disbelief for a moment, and go with the flow that it will happen.

Whatever your belief is is quite frankly irrelevant- there are at least 9 players going to be arriving in January(a number of whom are already signed). 

For me those 9 should be(and will be)1 GK, 1 LB, 2 CB, 1 LW, 1 RW, 2 CM and 2 ST. Really not sure why you'd have a right back as a priority when we have a perfectly adequate player in that position.

The players leaving will be Fasan, Dallison, Robson, Sammut, Irving, Lewis, Haber, Buaben, Russell and Dumbuya.

Edited by EdiBairn

23 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Whatever your belief is is quite frankly irrelevant- there are at least 9 players going to be arriving in January(a number of whom are already signed). 

For me those 9 should be(and will be)1 GK, 1 LB, 2 CB, 1 LW, 1 RW, 2 CM and 2 ST. Really not sure why you'd have a right back as a priority when we have a perfectly adequate player in that position.

The players leaving will be Fasan, Dallison, Robson, Sammut, Irving, Lewis, Haber, Buaben, Russell and Dumbuya.

Kidd is not a RB. Let’s get that straight. He is barely passable at RWB but he is not a RB.

If the manager wants to go with a flat four across the back he’s going to need to sign one. He’ll need a LB too.

10 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Kidd is not a RB. Let’s get that straight. He is barely passable at RWB but he is not a RB.

If the manager wants to go with a flat four across the back he’s going to need to sign one. He’ll need a LB too.

Kidd will be at RB/RWB on 31st January. Of that I'm 99% sure. He certainly hasn't put a foot long in the last 5 games. Ray isn't looking for first team right backs in January.

Edited by EdiBairn

Is this your speculation or have you actually got information to back up your statement?

On 08/12/2018 at 02:29, Back Post Misses said:

You said amongst the wealthiest in this league. What utter bullshit. The only person on that Board will any personal wealth is Martin Ritchie.

Tell me why, if the are so wealthy, none of them have invested a brass farthing in 5 years?

Because their focus has been on getting their loans repaid

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Kidd will be at RB/RWB on 31st January. Of that I'm 99% sure. He certainly hasn't put a foot long in the last 5 games. Ray isn't looking for first team right backs in January.

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I don’t come on here often these days, mostly out of just being fed up with the club, so I forget how every team seems to have at least one spectacular bell end making nonsense itk comments...

The remarkable self belief is one thing, but absolute ignorance of football is another (see previous Scott Shepherd comments).  The only way you could say “Kidd hadn’t put a foot wrong” is because he’s just too slow to get his feet anywhere in the first place.  He looks like he’s running through treacle, and can’t tackle or defend a cross ball to save himself.  He can pass a ball, but as a right back he has none of the qualities required.

Kidd would be the second person I’d drop out of that mess.  I think we all know the first.

4 hours ago, Newmember said:

Yes does 4 x 12 hour nightshifts in Glenochil prison then goes to Falkirk fc 5 days a week 

Not sure on what part of that is meant to be the punishment but if you sat him through any game on a Saturday that would be right up there with crimes against humanity and against the Geneva convention although trying to coach Fasan to be a goalkeeper is probably on a par with that, but he has to come from the Scott Higgins school of goalkeeping (they didnt want him as an outfield player so told him to go in goals.

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Not playing at right back though. Like I say, passable at RWB.

Staggering, if what you’re saying is true, that yet another manager isn’t going to address that position.