The Falkirk FC Thread

St Johnstone fans warned us about this. Paton starting to be put on a bit of a pedestal by fans, yes he has been much better the last month and I’ll admit I love it when a player wildly celebrates. For all the effort in world though his footballing brain is 10x slower than every other player on the pitch. Should be nothing more than a benchwarmer come January.

St Johnstone fans warned us about this. Paton starting to be put on a bit of a pedestal by fans, yes he has been much better the last month and I’ll admit I love it when a player wildly celebrates. For all the effort in world though his footballing brain is 10x slower than every other player on the pitch. Should be nothing more than a benchwarmer come January.

I think the fans are simply reacting to a significant improvement in his form. Given he spoke about health issues etc I think its fair enough. I mean, I fucking hounded him on here and at games as I felt he was at the level of total disgrace to the shirt but have to give credit where its due.

Yesterday, he was by some distance our best midfielder (admittedly not competing with much)

The current version of Paul Paton is certainly good enough to contribute at a decent level in this league. Its a big assumption that he continues to perform at this level though. I think he is a decent shout to keep now based on his experience etc, but like you say as more of a squad player.

14 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I liked his post-match interview in fairness. 

Fasans easily the worst in my time watching us. Nobody comes close.
Yeah me too. The word "calamitous" gets used for any old keeper blunder which really removes the impact when you use it to describe what Fasan does, which is to incite absolute panic in defenders, conduse every situation he becomes involved in and ultimately when it becomes time for him to do his own job, fail miserably to the extent that goals can be blamed squarely on his failure to do even the most basic of goalkeeping functions.

Calamitious is out.

He is a blundercunt

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fasan is worse.

Keep naming keepers. The answer will always be, Fasan is worse.

Eta you can keep naming keepers, or you can switch to STI's in a game of "would you rather", and the answer will always be Fasan is worse

You can have Cammy Bell in January m9. No charge x

19 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Miles Hogarth?

Until Fasan gets chased round the carpark at Camelon Juniors by the baseball bat wielding husband of his lady "friend" then he isn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Myles.

12 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I say this with compete confidence, because I'd have dropped McDonald after his semi final masterclass and MMcG would have won us the final. Logic, see.

Mcgovern cost us in the 4 3 hibs semi defeat palming harris's shot into the top corner. He wasnt infallible either.

God almighty all this talk of Myles Hogarth has made that 5-1 defeat at Firhill flash before my eyes, cheers for that boys. Oh God almighty there was an attempted clearance against an Ayr United forward at Brockville that has come to mind as well.

That's my day ruined.

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

God almighty all this talk of Myles Hogarth has made that 5-1 defeat at Firhill flash before my eyes, cheers for that boys. Oh God almighty there was an attempted clearance against an Ayr United forward at Brockville that has come to mind as well.

That's my day ruined.

I blame Camille Oponga’s pass back.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fasan is worse.

Keep naming keepers. The answer will always be, Fasan is worse.

Eta you can keep naming keepers, or you can switch to STI's in a game of "would you rather", and the answer will always be Fasan is worse

Although i accept Fasan is woeful the one with Hogarth that sticks out i think it was a first game of the season against Thistle he ran out to clear the ball missed it and the ball went in the back of the net but on levels of useless keepers we have has Fasan, Higgins, Flinders but i have to agree Fasan has to be the most inept as much as the results show the defence is poor i wonder how many points we would be up with a decent keeper and a defence without Dallison.