The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

WE'RE ALL GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR

Disgusting how pessimistic you lot are..

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

WE'RE ALL GOING ON A EUROPEAN TOUR

Disgusting how pessimistic you lot are..

Yip better to underpromise and over deliver. It seems  Nobody told our board that pretty basic business principle but hey ho they didn't get where they are today by succeeding in business or else they would never have bought a football club in the first place.

Let's put our doubts about the board the players and the future to one side. From my perspective I want to be entertained and excited by the product on offer so whoever we sign in January let's hope they can meet that criteria and keep us up with a bit of style. 

8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Yip better to underpromise and over deliver. It seems  Nobody told our board that pretty basic business principle but hey ho they didn't get where they are today by succeeding in business or else they would never have bought a football club in the first place.

We have a number of very successful businessmen on our Board. A number of whom will be among the wealthiest directors in the league.

Calm down, you are all getting carried away.  The only way we are getting into Europe is playing another Welsh or Irish team in the Irn Bru cup.  Right now I'd settle for 3 points against Alloa and not getting relegated this year.  Over the past 40 odd years I've found the key to not being suicidal being a Bairn is not to expect too much.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

15 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I won't be concerned. After the absolutely magnificent  job Ray's done so far for us so far, I'm more than willing to trust his judgement. Remember we're not looking for players who'll get us promoted. All we need is people good enough to keep us in this division.

The Board of Directors are also committing a significant additional six figure sum to the first team squad come January to make sure Ray and his team are able to bring in the quality they want.

I'm sure there'll be a good mix of guys who've got experience at this level and some younger players with potential coming in. Add that to the quality we already have in the squad who'll still be here like McGhee, McKee, Muirhead, Kidd and Rudden(if we can keep him) and I'm sure we'll be just fine.

I honestly think Ray will have us in Europe within 5 seasons. When you have a manager who's willing to adapt to what he has and can clearly get a tune out of limited players, and also has a global contact network, there really is no limit. I just feel he understands the potential of this club better than any manager we've had for a while.

Look at Kilmarnock struggling to get 4000 fans at the top of the premiership while we've had that every week at the bottom of the championship.

Edi, whooshing is actually a delicate art.

19 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

We have a number of very successful businessmen on our Board. A number of whom will be among the wealthiest directors in the league.

Shame they've been such utter failures at running this club at anything close to its potential then.

How could anyone know there is a six figure sum being invested in January? Well, if you are the CEO. #CampbellOut

It was made public either in the statement released or at the meeting but certainly one of them as I knew it was a 6 figure sum as well. CC also stated if Ray needed more, he’d get more.

50 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

It was made public either in the statement released or at the meeting but certainly one of them as I knew it was a 6 figure sum as well. CC also stated if Ray needed more, he’d get more.

Yeah it's not his cash and he needs a job if I were him I'd promise the earth,as well  but remember he sanctioned cash for that clown Mitch who got us into this mess. Its not about the amount of money, it's about how we'll its spent. Just ask Newcastle fans about Ashley  all cash no class. 

Who would they be?

Let’s examine the BoD

Margaret Lang - Lawyer and Chair - No shares

Craig Campbell - Part time CEO - paid exec no shares

Kieran Koszary - paid executive - no shares

Andy Thomson - CA - owns under 1% of the business

Martin Ritchie - ex Chair - 2nd biggest shareholder - many other non exec roles - decent record in business

Lex Miller - 6th - largest shareholder - let’s say local business character to be kind to him.

It is hardly a list of names to take Wall Street on

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who would they be?

Let’s examine the BoD

Margaret Lang - Lawyer and Chair - No shares

Craig Campbell - Part time CEO - paid exec no shares

Kieran Koszary - paid executive - no shares

Andy Thomson - CA - owns under 1% of the business

Martin Ritchie - ex Chair - 2nd biggest shareholder - many other non exec roles - decent record in business

Lex Miller - 6th - largest shareholder - let’s say local business character to be kind to him.

It is hardly a list of names to take Wall Street on

It was hardly capable of taking on the stenny.