The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Trump said:

Craig Campbell thinking we can be in Europe in 5 seasons under Ray McKinnon. Get this delusional c**t out of our club now.

Sheps said he would have the pick of any club when he was released from Falkirk.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Is this Edi comment a whoosh?

Also surprised by the Europe comment. He couldn’t get Dundee U out of this division so I can’t see a sound basis for believing we will go great places at this point.

Safety, possibly, but we still have to see what he can bring beyond some reasonable tactics and man management.

There's absolutely no reason why it can't be achievable. If we were to get promoted next season, we'd then have 3 seasons to stabilise in the Premiership before making a push for European qualification.

Obviously the only priority now should be survival but I'm sure Ray will be making longer term plans himself.

I'm beginning to wonder about Edibairn where before there was pessimism surrounding him and he couldnt say a good word about the club we are now not only achieving championship survival but establishing ourselves in Europe, they must have changed his medication.

Now dont get me wrong am all for the glass is half full approach so each to their own.

I'm beginning to wonder about Edibairn where before there was pessimism surrounding him and he couldnt say a good word about the club we are now not only achieving championship survival but establishing ourselves in Europe, they must have changed his medication.

Now dont get me wrong am all for the glass is half full approach so each to their own.
Edi's glass is overflowing though

Think he is on crack with comments like that, i actually thought we had went back to the summer transfer window with possible predictions of us challenging for the top of the league. We fucked up this seasons recruitment and struggling to survive now we are challenging for Europe unless Abramovich or some rich arab sheikh is planning on buying over the club its unlikely.

14 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I won't be concerned. After the absolutely magnificent  job Ray's done so far for us so far, I'm more than willing to trust his judgement. Remember we're not looking for players who'll get us promoted. All we need is people good enough to keep us in this division.

The Board of Directors are also committing a significant additional six figure sum to the first team squad come January to make sure Ray and his team are able to bring in the quality they want.

I'm sure there'll be a good mix of guys who've got experience at this level and some younger players with potential coming in. Add that to the quality we already have in the squad who'll still be here like McGhee, McKee, Muirhead, Kidd and Rudden(if we can keep him) and I'm sure we'll be just fine.

I honestly think Ray will have us in Europe within 5 seasons. When you have a manager who's willing to adapt to what he has and can clearly get a tune out of limited players, and also has a global contact network, there really is no limit. I just feel he understands the potential of this club better than any manager we've had for a while.

Look at Kilmarnock struggling to get 4000 fans at the top of the premiership while we've had that every week at the bottom of the championship.

Wow.......

Was the sum available been revealed as six figure sum ?

The only release of info was a substantial figure and this will probably see a heavy part of it getting rid of players.

Its pretty over eager to suggest Ray will have us in Europe afore we are safe in the 2nd tier and in 5 yr when we have spent so long in the 2nd tier. 

Ray has done well but our success this season is very much down to the transfer window, I personally think we will be safe but a bad window can also put is really in the shit and although Rudden has been a success, Bauben is pretty much not a success as it stands and yet to see Dumbaya to make any real assumption on his transfers for Falkirk. 

Ray's time at Utd with more resources ended in failure, not putting the guy down there but that is a fact. I hope Falkirk is a club he can take forward but his success for me will very much depend on the upcoming transfer window, thereafter cant even be looked at now.

Love the enthusiasm/madness tho 

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

There's absolutely no reason why it can't be achievable. If we were to get promoted next season, we'd then have 3 seasons to stabilise in the Premiership before making a push for European qualification.

Obviously the only priority now should be survival but I'm sure Ray will be making longer term plans himself.

Mate we have been in this league 10+ years if you think that Ray is going to build a team capable of challenging for the title next season then you are off your head. He will need at least 3 transfer windows to clear out the dross and bring in his own team capable of a challenge. I will of course eat my hat if come May 2020 we are 1st Division Champions. 

14 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I won't be concerned. After the absolutely magnificent  job Ray's done so far for us so far, I'm more than willing to trust his judgement. Remember we're not looking for players who'll get us promoted. All we need is people good enough to keep us in this division.

The Board of Directors are also committing a significant additional six figure sum to the first team squad come January to make sure Ray and his team are able to bring in the quality they want.

I'm sure there'll be a good mix of guys who've got experience at this level and some younger players with potential coming in. Add that to the quality we already have in the squad who'll still be here like McGhee, McKee, Muirhead, Kidd and Rudden(if we can keep him) and I'm sure we'll be just fine.

I honestly think Ray will have us in Europe within 5 seasons. When you have a manager who's willing to adapt to what he has and can clearly get a tune out of limited players, and also has a global contact network, there really is no limit. I just feel he understands the potential of this club better than any manager we've had for a while.

Look at Kilmarnock struggling to get 4000 fans at the top of the premiership while we've had that every week at the bottom of the championship.

Arguably the best post on this website for quite some time. I don't know what bit I prefer, the comments about Europe or the reference to having bigger crowds than Kilmarnock.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I'm sure the only thing on Ray's mind is staying in this league, oh and having someone like you to post absolute nonsense.