The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Waiting on the Aberdeen statement...

"Aberdeen football club unequivocally condemn the racist actions of a small minority of fans at the weekend's League Cup final.

There have also been reports of seagulls being glared at during home matches. Let us be absolutely clear that all such unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated by Aberdeen football club. No seagull who turns up to scavenge should have to put up with shadies"

"Aberdeen football club unequivocally condemn the racist actions of a small minority of fans at the weekend's League Cup final.
There have also been reports of seagulls being glared at during home matches. Let us be absolutely clear that all such unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated by Aberdeen football club. No seagull who turns up to scavenge should have to put up with shadies"

Furry boots wur they sitting

That lot have got a cheek, can't even condemn us without banging on about ******s, *****s or the fucking snp for some reason without even the slightest hint of irony. 

There’s only 2 pages of posts on that thread but more racism and bigotry than you’d ever see on P and B in a lifetime.
Why is it tolerated and why is no one ‘investigating’?
Just so easy to catch the culprits too....

Ross MacLean? That the best we can do? Hardly gets the pulse racing.

I’m never one for writing someone off and will always give them and the manager full backing however this is genuinely someone who can’t get in the Morton team over McHugh, I’ll be concerned if he is signed.

I won't be concerned. After the absolutely magnificent  job Ray's done so far for us so far, I'm more than willing to trust his judgement. Remember we're not looking for players who'll get us promoted. All we need is people good enough to keep us in this division.

The Board of Directors are also committing a significant additional six figure sum to the first team squad come January to make sure Ray and his team are able to bring in the quality they want.

I'm sure there'll be a good mix of guys who've got experience at this level and some younger players with potential coming in. Add that to the quality we already have in the squad who'll still be here like McGhee, McKee, Muirhead, Kidd and Rudden(if we can keep him) and I'm sure we'll be just fine.

I honestly think Ray will have us in Europe within 5 seasons. When you have a manager who's willing to adapt to what he has and can clearly get a tune out of limited players, and also has a global contact network, there really is no limit. I just feel he understands the potential of this club better than any manager we've had for a while.

Look at Kilmarnock struggling to get 4000 fans at the top of the premiership while we've had that every week at the bottom of the championship.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I won't be concerned. After the absolutely magnificent  job Ray's done so far for us so far, I'm more than willing to trust his judgement. Remember we're not looking for players who'll get us promoted. All we need is people good enough to keep us in this division.

The Board of Directors are also committing a significant additional six figure sum to the first team squad come January to make sure Ray and his team are able to bring in the quality they want.

I'm sure there'll be a good mix of guys who've got experience at this level and some younger players with potential coming in. Add that to the quality we already have in the squad who'll still be here like McGhee, McKee, Muirhead, Kidd and Rudden(if we can keep him) and I'm sure we'll be just fine.

I honestly think Ray will have us in Europe within 5 seasons. When you have a manager who's willing to adapt to what he has and can clearly get a tune out of limited players, and also has a global contact network, there really is no limit. I just feel he understands the potential of this club better than any manager we've had for a while.

Look at Kilmarnock struggling to get 4000 fans at the top of the premiership while we've had that every week at the bottom of the championship.

I'm still worried about what level of player he is going to get who is willing to move club  (to the bottom end of the Championship) for a 6 month contract.  Really you are looking at loan players and free agents IMHO if this is the strategy..

Funny with the comparison to Killie I was thinking about how our fortunes have differed since Ryan Flynn missed that sitter at Rugby Park.  It's fine lines indeed, maybe if Ryan had scored we might be sitting top of the pile in Scotland by now and they would languishing in the wilderness of the Championship.

Having said that I think the stewardship of both clubs has a lot to do with where us & them are now.  I'd always thought of Killie as the basket case but I know now it's us. 

I know we can't get rid of our board but they sure have had an easy ride during these dark times  with fans largely impotent apart from us keyboard warriors.

Edi on the bevy last night....

6 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Look at Kilmarnock struggling to get 4000 fans at the top of the premiership while we've had that every week at the bottom of the 

Quality like muirhead and kidd? Are you having a giraffe?

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Europe in 5 Seasons sound's reasonable to me. 

Pre season friendly in Benidorm would be a laugh. 

7 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Doing so well until the Eurpoe part jeezo 

8 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

I’m never one for writing someone off and will always give them and the manager full backing however this is genuinely someone who can’t get in the Morton team over McHugh, I’ll be concerned if he is signed.

He's a decent wide player and quite direct. JJ seems insistent on playing a 3-5-2 which has limited his game time. 

8 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Probably because he’s not a striker and plays outwide.