The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I always thought that if he hadn't got that bad injury we might have stayed up that season. He strolled through games and made a big difference to our defence when he played.

A Rolls Royce of a player at that level, but I think our issues that year were more up top than at the back. Pretty sure he got injured the same night we lost to Killie and Eddie May got binned?

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A Rolls Royce of a player at that level, but I think our issues that year were more up top than at the back. Pretty sure he got injured the same night we lost to Killie and Eddie May got binned?

Close Marshy, but not quite. He was injured against Motherwell on 27th January. We lost to Killie on 10th February.

I think the park got the blame for the injury and it was certainly a mess that winter.

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Close Marshy, but not quite. He was injured against Motherwell on 27th January. We lost to Killie on 10th February.

I think the park got the blame for the injury and it was certainly a mess that winter.

Fair enough, I was right behind the goals for whatever game it was and can remember him letting out a blood curdling scream as he went down injured.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I always thought that if he hadn't got that bad injury we might have stayed up that season. He strolled through games and made a big difference to our defence when he played.

He wasnt fit and probably carrying a few pounds more than he should which probably didnt help him, I have a photo of him coming on as a sub in his first game, I watched on Falkirk tv from Barcelona......I ran about the room when he came on celebrating that we had Pele 

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

Yes and? Keep up with the times when was the last time you were at a game ffs probably when McKinnon was in charge. In Eddie we trust x

I cant even mind of him thats up there with a Sabatino de Massis level 

5 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Loy.

One might debate that didnt happen !!!

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mark Twaddle, Kenny Deuchar.

Two returning players who shouldnt have, tho Kenny Deuchars 2nd time was more productive than his first spell tho he looked like he had broke both his legs again 2nd time around as he was so done, it was like a reincarnation of watching Chris McCart running when he had signed for us

My fondest memory of Twaddle second time was watching him warm up at the corner area of the park when he was a sub, he was bending in a position and got up and nearly got floored by the corner flag, showing how much concentration he had 

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

One might debate that didnt happen !!!

My fondest memory of Twaddle second time was watching him warm up at the corner area of the park when he was a sub, he was bending in a position and got up and nearly got floored by the corner flag, showing how much concentration he had 

Scoring that goal against Rangers at TFS