The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

As in Paul Dixon... the left back? Surely no.

And he scored the goal that beat us in the play-offs with Dundee United so jam aht.

Think he also played centre back for Mckinnon. I would have thought left back would be the least of our concerns.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

If Livi is the only gig your agent can get you when you are available on a free then he's needing replaced and you need to have a long hard look at yourself for moving there.  His actions showed his heart was no longer in it at Falkirk so why the feck would we want him back now when we need players giving 100 % or more to get us out a hole.

I understand your point but  if Hartley was going to be his manager for the foreseeable future (in this case it was) and if his man management skills are as bad as whats been said why would anyone want to work somewhere they hated their job even if it was the club you grew up supporting. I also mentioned i think Lee Miller was probably another factor in what swayed him to move to Livi. The end of the day it came down to they were in the Premier and we weren't he had/has a chance to show what he can do at a higher level to get him in the shop window for a better move.

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

As in Paul Dixon... the left back? Surely no.

And he scored the goal that beat us in the play-offs with Dundee United so jam aht.

I was getting him mixed up with Sean Dillon and almost did a very watery jobbie!

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

We also had the next level shit from Yogi with the next level experienced pros at SPL level BoB, Jackie McNamara, Neil McCann, Pressley, Lovell and look how that panned out.

There is no magic formula for it its just the luck of the draw getting the team right on the park and results going our way. Our biggest problem at the moment is getting goals, the only contribution we are getting is from Rudden normally you could count on someone like  Sibbs or Alston etc to chip in with a goal to help but we dont have that throughout the team.

That is an example of the wrong type of experienced being signed. You just have to look back to the Great Willie Cunningham era to see how it should be done. Cunningham rebuilt his side on signing the right players in the right positions. Alex Totton , George Miller , Alex Scott , Andy Roxburgh and Alex Ferguson. Experience and class that was the spine of the side. Players who were in teams with them improved. You could see it as games went on. They were as good as new signings and heralded in a golden era in being a Falkirk fan. Many a time I walked down Hope Street after a few pints in the Royal wondering how many goals we would score that day. Get it right and you will get teams like that.

14 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I always thought that if he hadn't got that bad injury we might have stayed up that season. He strolled through games and made a big difference to our defence when he played.

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I always thought that if he hadn't got that bad injury we might have stayed up that season. He strolled through games and made a big difference to our defence when he played.

100% he was class.

He was centre-back in the closed-door game last week, so possibly that's the position he's intended to play if he signs.

And we were winning till he was moved to CH [emoji23]