The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I'd take Alston back on a half season loan if there was any chance at all of it happening. 

There's none, unless St Johnstone are in the mood to do something daft. He was a regular starter for them and in good form prior to his injury. He also signed a contract extension at the end of last season.

If Alston was available on loan, there would be no shortage of interest from clubs far more attractive at the present time than Falkirk.

Like a lot of the shouts about potential/wishful signings on here, it's not happening.

30 minutes ago, AGPar said:

There's none, unless St Johnstone are in the mood to do something daft. He was a regular starter for them and in good form prior to his injury. He also signed a contract extension at the end of last season.

If Alston was available on loan, there would be no shortage of interest from clubs far more attractive at the present time than Falkirk.

Like a lot of the shouts about potential/wishful signings on here, it's not happening.

Oliver Burke is coming in January so I'm pretty sure we can attract someone from a diddy team like St Johnstone..

can we afford to get rid of the deadwood?  would it cost money to get rid of a lot of them?
It does sound like Ray is just treading water until then.  Will be interesting to see just how much of an overhaul is on the cards.
I wouldn't be surprised if we just got three or four players in.
Hopefully Hartley gets another job before January and he can take them off our hands.
Right Paul if your looking in? ...They were good enough for you 4 months ago.... just need some hard work at training.

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We all seem to have a wee obsession with ex players coming back. Perhaps it is a case that then you know what we are getting but I think we will see a lot of players we may know but are not ex Players. Please not keech from lower league England Ray as we know they can be good looking lads who don’t know a football very well

Over the decades I have seen old hero's return a shadow of the player that left. Never doubted their effort and commitment but it was always sad to see. Many fans would remember these performances rather that the game winning displays of their prime. Will not name any names as I have too much respect for them.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Half a season loan for either Alston or Scougall is a shout from the Super Js.

Absolutely lost amongst who's whooshing and who's being serious, but Alston won't be leaving.

Scougall is likely to be let go, but we've suffered a season ending injury for one winger and another has a knock, so he might feature for us this month and find a way back in.

You'd be better trying to get Chris Kane on loan, he's not going to be first choice for us, and he doesn't look good enough for the top flight. One of those weird strikers who'll score regularly at this level but never make the step up.

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Over the decades I have seen old hero's return a shadow of the player that left. Never doubted their effort and commitment but it was always sad to see. Many fans would remember these performances rather that the game winning displays of their prime. Will not name any names as I have too much respect for them.

I'd have said we had more a hit rate than the phrase never go back suggests.

Crunchie doing it three times and if not all, the majority of the McCall team that came back were at same level or better

I can only think of Gerry McCoy and Davie Moss being not quite the standard of previous.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely lost amongst who's whooshing and who's being serious, but Alston won't be leaving.

Scougall is likely to be let go, but we've suffered a season ending injury for one winger and another has a knock, so he might feature for us this month and find a way back in.

You'd be better trying to get Chris Kane on loan, he's not going to be first choice for us, and he doesn't look good enough for the top flight. One of those weird strikers who'll score regularly at this level but never make the step up.

I was being genuine but I forgot Drey Wright had that injury.

Kane is the new John Baird.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Crunchie doing it three times and if not all, the majority of the McCall team that came back were at same level or better

I can only think of Gerry McCoy and Davie Moss being not quite the standard of previous.

Moutinho was shit the last time he signed too.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I remember Gerry McCoys first time with us really fondly. He was our first striker to score 20 league goals for about 10 seasons.

I also remember thinking it was amazing that a Falkirk player was near the top of the Sunday Mail Top Goalscorers chart. I was only 10.

Happy days.

22 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Right now, the last thing we need to hear is a signing who is “one for the future”.

at 35, maybe he's going a bit too far in the other direction?.........if we're rebuilding a team surely we want to build for the future as well as the immediate. 

33 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

at 35, maybe he's going a bit too far in the other direction?.........if we're rebuilding a team surely we want to build for the future as well as the immediate. 

Nope, experienced players who've been there and done it in this division are exactly what we need. Getting off bottom spot shouldn't fool anyone- our first priority is staying in this league. Players we can bring in for next season are a bonus.

Alston obviously not going to happen but I always thought he was one of our hardest workers and he was always such a big game player, loved to score screamers against rangers and bring us back into games we were losing.

He would be banging them in every week since we go from one 6 pointer to the next at the moment.

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

Loy.

9 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Nope, experienced players who've been there and done it in this division are exactly what we need. Getting off bottom spot shouldn't fool anyone- our first priority is staying in this league. Players we can bring in for next season are a bonus.

We also had the next level shit from Yogi with the next level experienced pros at SPL level BoB, Jackie McNamara, Neil McCann, Pressley, Lovell and look how that panned out.

There is no magic formula for it its just the luck of the draw getting the team right on the park and results going our way. Our biggest problem at the moment is getting goals, the only contribution we are getting is from Rudden normally you could count on someone like  Sibbs or Alston etc to chip in with a goal to help but we dont have that throughout the team.

21 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm not saying its the only problem but the biggest issue we have other than Rudden we havent got an out and out goal scorer, defensively i think our biggest issue was trying to pair up Harrison and Dallison (in football terms its like mixing electricity and water)  with Brough on the left but Defensively to a degree we have sorted our shit out with the only major issue apart from not having a natural RB being Fasan. Midfield wise though we need someone that can create something as since Sibbs left we dont really have that.

back on about Sibbs again if someone else offered you 200 pounds a week more than your current job then i think most of us would be off the other issue that i dare say was a reason he wanted away was that any manager he worked with wasn't Paul Hartley.

If Livi is the only gig your agent can get you when you are available on a free then he's needing replaced and you need to have a long hard look at yourself for moving there.  His actions showed his heart was no longer in it at Falkirk so why the feck would we want him back now when we need players giving 100 % or more to get us out a hole.