The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Widge said:

Given Blair Alston was actually our best player until he got injured and is only just back, I doubt it. Admittedly he’s gonna find it hard to get back in the team, but no way he’s getting released to join you guys.

Yes, heard that as well

7 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Yes, heard that as well

I'm not sure if Alston is really what we need at the moment. He has the tendency to be invisible in too many games for me, which may be fine if you have good quality players around you, but it's the last thing you need in  relegation fight with poor players.

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'm not sure if Alston is really what we need at the moment. He has the tendency to be invisible in too many games for me, which may be fine if you have good quality players around you, but it's the last thing you need in  relegation fight with poor players.

He’d probably be our best player immediately. Incredible shout to say he isn’t what we need.

One of my favourite players of recent years would have him in a heart beat

IMG_2588.jpg
He’d probably be our best player immediately. Incredible shout to say he isn’t what we need.

This.

11 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I think that's a bit revisionist. I don't remember howls of despair when he left us and he was in and out of the team under a few managers. I think he can be an asset to a good team with his occasional quality but not the type of player you want when you're battling for points. Which is why Ray won't be signing him.

I was going to ask about Macgrandles but that laddie has absolutely no luck with injuries. Suffered a broken face on the opening day of the season with MK Dons - https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/injury-update-mcgrandles-sight-is-improving-after-facial-surgery-1-8634552

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I think that's a bit revisionist. I don't remember howls of despair when he left us and he was in and out of the team under a few managers. I think he can be an asset to a good team with his occasional quality but not the type of player you want when you're battling for points. Which is why Ray won't be signing him.

I think you will find that “good teams” have to battle for points too. There are certainly no teams in the Scottish Championship who skoosh every game (or even the majority of games) that they play. Seeking to deny that a midfield player who is off the charts better than any midfielder that we currently have  isn’t actually what we need is a bit of a bizarre statement.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think you will find that “good teams” have to battle for points too. There are certainly no teams in the Scottish Championship who skoosh every game (or even the majority of games) that they play. Seeking to deny that a midfield player who is off the charts better than any midfielder that we currently have  isn’t actually what we need is a bit of a bizarre statement.

The difference is that better teams can accommodate 'luxury' players because they have others able to cover for them. We have players bursting a gut just to be able to compete at this level, who certainly don't have the capacity to cover for others. That's the reason Froxylias was quickly shown the door. 

Edibairn/Sheps/Campbell, you’ve actually been talking a lot of sense recently and also been surprisingly positive, however to try and genuinely say Alston wouldn’t walk into our current team and be the best player in it and one of the best players in the league to boot is just ridiculous.

6 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

The only player there was howls of despair when they left was Vaulks and to a lesser extent Leahy i would even say there wasn't too much of a fuss when Sibbs left.

The end of the day your only speculating and we as a whole can only guess what players will be staying and going and who we bring in other than those well connected with the club and those that are ITK behind the scenes. To say Alston isn't what we need in a relegation battle is a bit ridiculous he is capable of scoring goals other than Rudden and McKee, Paton and Harrison are the only others that have scored any for us and even with the exception of Rudden, Paton was a cup game at Stenny, McKees was the equaliser at Partick and Harrison the winner on Saturday so between the 3 of them we have 4 goals. The Sibbs and Bartley ones were posted weeks ago by other posters, for Sibbs to come back to us would be for him to say he has failed at a higher level.

In short if he can score goals then we need him as its something we are short of and our league position tells its own story with that.

Edited by AL-FFC