The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Needs to sort out his defending though. Pretty basic error for their first goal yesterday and he was at fault for the first against Stenny.  I love the guys passion and ability going forward but he cant afford to keep costing us a goal every week.

Naw, not having that. Aye, 7ft McBrearty had near enough a free header v 5ft Robson but surely to god it should have been one of the centre backs that was picking him up given he was likely to be their main threat from a corner? Yer man Muirhead, as captain, should have had that sorted out, unless of course McKinnon instructed Robson to mark him in which case it would be his fault. (Not a chance that was the case)

Amazingly they then let Kidd mark him at the next one with an unsurprising result!

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Naw, not having that. Aye, 7ft McBrearty had near enough a free header v 5ft Robson but surely to god it should have been one of the centre backs that was picking him up given he was likely to be their main threat from a corner? Yer man Muirhead, as captain, should have had that sorted out, unless of course McKinnon instructed Robson to mark him in which case it would be his fault. (Not a chance that was the case)

Amazingly they then let Kidd mark him at the next one with an unsurprising result!

It's poor defending. Hes caught napping has his body in totally the wrong position and mcbrearty  hardly has to jump.  Robson had to go and meet the ball not wait for it.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's poor defending. Hes caught napping has his body in totally the wrong position and mcbrearty  hardly has to jump.  Robson had to go and meet the ball not wait for it.

Aye, I'm not disputing that. The point I'm making is that he shouldn't have been in that position in the 1st place. It's poor organisation. I don't think Robson would make it as a CH TBH.

January. Some people are going to be surprised by the scale of changes to come very soon.

Why are they? The squad is shit and McKinnon told the fans forum he wanted 8-10 players

1 minute ago, EdiBairn said:

Because players many have convinced themselves are good enough will be out the door 

I think the starting line up at the moment is what will be kept and those out the door will pretty much already know they are done for one way or another.  I genuine dont like to see any player leave or fail at the club but the summer signings were always going to be hit or miss with more being a miss than a hit some are showing some promise or starting to come good.  Our biggest problems lies creative players and an out and out striker we are pinning our hopes on an 18yr old on loan and can only hope we have the loan extended.

Because players many have convinced themselves are good enough will be out the door 
Of those permanently signed to us, the only true surprises to me would be McGhee, Aero and Petra. There is no one else where you would say you were shocked I dont think.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Of those permanently signed to us, the only true surprises to me would be McGhee, Aero and Petra. There is no one else where you would say you were shocked I dont think.

I’d be surprised and enraged if Robson doesn’t stay. No justification to punt him with many at the club, perm and loanees much much worse than him.

Eta. I think Petra is at risk of falling into the category of ‘some people have justified / accepted that they are good enough. 

Edited by BountyBairn

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Robson, Brough, Muirhead, Harrison, Petra, Paton, McGhee, Aero to stay McKee and Kidd ? 

I wouldn't be surprised to see O Hara leave (Edibairn will be happy)

I'll be astounded if Kidd and McKee aren't here at the end of January and Muirhead definitely won't be going anywhere.  At least a few of Harrison, Brough and Petravicous could well be moved on. I don't think Robson will be at the club either after January. The issue with O'Hara will be finding a semi-professional club to take him.

Edited by EdiBairn