The Falkirk FC Thread

Thread’s quiet tonight...

It’s funny. I should be thrilled that the team picked up three invaluable points against a decent side. But after the events this week I am pretty numb re the whole thing. Wasn’t there as a result.
Maybe there are a few others feeling the same way.....or more likely they’re all off down the pub getting pished...

2 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Duncan Freemason is so negative 

i watched you st a game last year when you slaughtered players and mainly Muirhead 

you had enough drink in you that you shouted so much crap towards him before you actually realised it was the wrong player you were bad mouthing

Get a grip 

Wow. You are of course, a pathological liar. Anyone who knows me also knows that I drink one or two bottles of beer two or three times a year, and n-e-v-e- r before or during a football match.

By all means, disagree with me, but please, stop lying. The only thing it has  done is reduce you and anything you have to say to an irrelevance. Let me repeat it again. You are a liar. Nothing more, but quite possibly something much less.

4 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Duncan Freemason is so negative 

i watched you st a game last year when you slaughtered players and mainly Muirhead 

you had enough drink in you that you shouted so much crap towards him before you actually realised it was the wrong player you were bad mouthing

Get a grip 

Mr Freemason doesn't drink.

17 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Wasn't at the game, but I suppose one great delivery in Fifteen games should be applauded. 

It's a welcome 3 points that keeps us in touch, now if we can do it again next week? 

Aye there’s me enjoying the winning goal from Patons free kick delivery yesterday not talking about the season as a whole so wind yer neck in and enjoy us winning.

Wasn't at the game, but I suppose one great delivery in Fifteen games should be applauded. 
It's a welcome 3 points that keeps us in touch, now if we can do it again next week? 
Except it doesn't "keep us in touch" does it?

In fact it moves us up a place and out of the automatic relegation spot for the first time all season.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Robson gives it absolute GIRFUY. Sometimes he doesnt meet the mark. Most times he does tho. I genuinely want to have a pint with him.because of all of this team, I ideftify with him. He is one of us.

WE SIGNED A LEFT BACK HES FUCKING CLASS..........

Needs to sort out his defending though. Pretty basic error for their first goal yesterday and he was at fault for the first against Stenny.  I love the guys passion and ability going forward but he cant afford to keep costing us a goal every week.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Needs to sort out his defending though. Pretty basic error for their first goal yesterday and he was at fault for the first against Stenny.  I love the guys passion and ability going forward but he cant afford to keep costing us a goal every week.

Which is exactly why if we go to a back four Robson hasn’t been trusted by 2 managers.

Good as a wingback not a left back.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Which is exactly why if we go to a back four Robson hasn’t been trusted by 2 managers.

Good as a wingback not a left back.

Hes actually okay when hes fronting up a man he defends pretty well then its his positional sense whether in a back 4 or as a wingback. He doesnt pick up his man.  Should be easily fixed with a decent bit of coaching as its more a concentration thing than a lack of ability.

Sometimes it's to easy to judge and jump to conclusions especially if we're not doing well, Petra is a good example of this. He looked like he'd never seen a football in his life in his first few games but has improved massively and Paton has come onto a game the last few weeks, maybe he's just getting to full match fitness now? Since Ray has come in, we've went from a team who could easily have been pointless till January to at least competing in games. I wondered why Morton fans were raging as he was only there weeks but I suppose they'd be storming the league and winning the league cup today if he'd stayed there so  an see why they're upset!

That was a tremendous 3 points yesterday,especially after last week's debacle. Players were rightly slaughtered last week,but fully deserve the praise this week. Rudden was motm  for me added more to his game and proving he can stick them away. Scenes at the end were fantastic,well done to all who travelled. 

Mckinnon and staff have done great to mould something together and  have given us one thing we didn't have weeks ago...hope. 

Must keep feet on ground though and continue the hard work. Coyb.

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

Yep, we remain a million miles from being a decent side.....last week’s performance proved that, but much of that was down to the usual suspects letting the side down.

McKinnon is clearly still grappling with formulating something that can grind out results. Last week, he tried something that failed disastrously, so this week he changed out the bits that failed, and the bits that were missing last week (apart from Bauben).

Paul Paton could only be judged on his performances early on, and he was rank rotten. He probably knew it himself, and that now seems to have been due to a health issue that is presumably now being treated correctly. The result is a much improved player.

Petra had gone off the boil a bit, but was back on it yesterday, and certainly put in a decent shift. Defensively, Tommy gives us a few heart stopping moments, but if their is a way of playing him where he is not exposed like yesterday, then he will be great.

Harrison and Brough actually deserve a bit of credit. Sure, they are still making mistakes, but they have come through some pretty tough times, and are grinding out a bit of an understanding, and both did the simple things pretty well (all things considered).

Rudden has been tremendous for us, no doubt about it. Even Haber gave us a bit of a cameo yesterday. Muirhead showed he has a role to play, but not at full back or centre back.

Sammut and Irving are the two enigmas. If nothing else, they have learned a bit with us but neither has really made a positive impact unfortunately.

A bit of quality in that midfield, and a player up top, and who knows, we might be able to keep away from that bottom slot (or two).