The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You mean after the appalling performance he turned in last week when he was probably the worst player on the field? That kind of abuse?

No, I mean the appalling abuse he gets every week regardless of how he plays. Any of the 11 players could've been criticised last week but you and many others chose to focus on him. 

Can’t actually believe we are off the bottom it’s just mental.

When I was leaving ochilview last week I thought that was it we were f*cked and then we had the week that was and total meltdown.

Now here we are with a bit of hope, we all know we still have a shitfest of a squad but hopefully the window will provide enough to keep us up.

Expected nothing, would have taken a point and I am absolutely delighted with 3.

8 points from our last 5 games is a better record than, partick (obviously), alloa,  dunfermline, morton and QOS.

Massive games coming up with Alloa and then the Morton diddies at home. Good results in the next 2 would give us some breathing space over 3 tough fixtures with Utd, Dufc and Ayr and anything in that period would be a bonus. 4-6 points should see us in a  relatively strong position heading towards the January transfer window  where we will hopefully get some good reinforcements before we play Partick on the 12th of January.

Get Fucking in!

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I don't think you can overstate how well Ray's done for us. Few would've been shocked to se us with no points in January with the players we have, so to get 11 is absolutely outstanding. Can't wait to see what he can do with his own players.

My sentiments exactly. 

Let’s talk about Rudden and Robson.

For me I don’t know if he’s close to getting a shot at Rangers any time soon but would love to get him permanently if it was possible at all. He’s improved his overall game massively under McKinnon IMO. We may have no chance of course.

Which brings me onto Robson. The boys got a bit about him and is a character for sure. He’s naive maybe at times but he’s improved his defensive game a lot. He’s quite wee though, so I wonder if he’s ever likely to get a ‘big move’ as may be seen as too see to be a modern defender. Could he be played as a winger? He’s got it in his locker to go by folk with ease and delivery into the box is good too. 

Let’s talk about Rudden and Robson.
For me I don’t know if he’s close to getting a shot at Rangers any time soon but would love to get him permanently if it was possible at all. He’s improved his overall game massively under McKinnon IMO. We may have no chance of course.
Which brings me onto Robson. The boys got a bit about him and is a character for sure. He’s naive maybe at times but he’s improved his defensive game a lot. He’s quite wee though, so I wonder if he’s ever likely to get a ‘big move’ as may be seen as too see to be a modern defender. Could he be played as a winger? He’s got it in his locker to go by folk with ease and delivery into the box is good too. 
Robson gives it absolute GIRFUY. Sometimes he doesnt meet the mark. Most times he does tho. I genuinely want to have a pint with him.because of all of this team, I ideftify with him. He is one of us.

WE SIGNED A LEFT BACK HES FUCKING CLASS..........

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

No, I mean the appalling abuse he gets every week regardless of how he plays. Any of the 11 players could've been criticised last week but you and many others chose to focus on him. 

Because as the “Captain” and the experienced Championship level player, he chose to abandon his post time and time again, and was directly responsible for the loss of two and probably three of the four goals we conceded. It’s really as simple as that.

No surprise he was nowhere near central defence today. He has had a couple of good games as a destructive midfielder where his mobility is useful (and which is so damaging as a central defender), and surprise surprise, he had a good ‘un today as a ........destructive midfielder. As I have said several times, as a footballer, he is much of a muchness, but as someone entrusted with a central defence role requiring he sticks to one job in one area of the pitch, he is awful (as last week amply demonstrated). 

His awfulness isn’t that he can’t be a reasonable central defender. It’s stems from his inability to apply any discipline to the role.

Edited by Duncan Freemason