The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's because this thread is absolute car crash that provides unending moments of hilarity. The last 10 pages or so not so much, but it's usually an excellent laugh in here, which is why I come in for a read quite frequently.

This to an extent. I tend to read most of the dedicated club threads on our division forum regularly. I also pop into the Dumbarton one regularly as I was in the habit of doing so last year and so many of our ex players are there.

Joe Cardle on trial with us
Cardle in, Lewis out. Horrid circumstances but would be a very decent upgrade
Has either been confirmed ?
Would be happy with Cardle.
Losing a young player because of a vile idiot in our support is not a great position to be in though.

As of yesterday, Cardle was training with Partick Thistle (spoke to him the other day in the local supermarket). That's not to say he isn't training with you guys, but it seems a bit strange to be training with one team and then suddenly go elsewhere (while not mentioning it at all).

Fa’kirk BoD: There have been allegations of racist abuse against one of our players (and people have said bad things about us as well).
Bairnardo: It’s aw thae Morton fans’ fault...
Another one with absolutely nothing of any substance to say. How tiresome.

There's very little reason to assume that the situation would be different with any other Scottish club*, but there are certainly plenty of really fucking thick people (if not outright reactionaries) within the Falkirk support. That at least three people have registered new accounts solely to red-dot people pointing out the racism apologism on this thread is incredible.

Spoiler

* For at least one club it would obviously be worse

Edited by Thumper

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
40 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
Fa’kirk BoD: There have been allegations of racist abuse against one of our players (and people have said bad things about us as well).

Another one with absolutely nothing of any substance to say. How tiresome.

Shut up, you snivelling toad. 

39 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Bairnardo vs Morton Fans thread for this.

Some of would like to talk about Falkirk on here.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I honestly can't wait for something positive to happen for us to talk about. f**k it's hard being a Falkirk supporter just now.

Well a good start would be by as many as possible going to the game at the weekend, getting behind the whole team, and Dennon in particular if he’s chosen, and showing that we are right behind all of them even during these really tough times.

Bairnardo vs Morton Fans thread for this.
Some of would like to talk about Falkirk on here.
Whilst I agree, f**k having these morons running about calling me racist/apologist/any other pish they can dream up and being totally unable to back it up.

I am fucking bored of it myself, but they really should be apologising to me to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I agree, f**k having these morons running about calling me racist/apologist/any other pish they can dream up and being totally unable to back it up.

I am fucking bored of it myself, but they really should be apologising to me to be fair.

You sound so fucking beyond rattled. 

13 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well a good start would be by as many as possible going to the game at the weekend, getting behind the whole team, and Dennon in particular if he’s chosen, and showing that we are right behind all of them even during these really tough times.

I think that could be viewed as a bit hypocritical given the flak that some (most)  of the players have had from Falkirk fans on here since the start of the season.  The list of the players that fans want replaced in January isn't exactly a short one yet you suddenly want to back them. Of course backing the player at the centre of this situation is entirely creditable but that surely shouldn't change people's views on the ability,  or lack of,  of any of the players. 

It doesn't change it in the slightest.

They're largely all absolutely fucking rubbish, and need the heave.

Slating their footballing abilities on here is not inconsistent with giving them all the support we can on a Saturday.

P.S. Interested to see who the "at least three" dotting accounts are, @Thumper , not counting Jimmy I presume.

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think that could be viewed as a bit hypocritical given the flak that some (most)  of the players have had from Falkirk fans on here since the start of the season.  The list of the players that fans want replaced in January isn't exactly a short one yet you suddenly want to back them. Of course backing the player at the centre of this situation is entirely creditable but that surely shouldn't change people's views on the ability,  or lack of,  of any of the players. 

I always back the players at the games chief. Our league position shows they are not good enough however abusing our own players is not, and never has been, my style of support.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Stop interacting with them and I’m sure they will happily go back to talking about Morton.

No point getting wound up about an online forum. It’s not worth that.