The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

A real shame if this is how it ends for Lewis up here but he was miles off the required standard. 

Benedictus doesn't exactly set the pulse racing. 

Some of these young lads have had a torrid experience up here and Dennon being abused and promptly packing up and going will be the worst of them all by a distance. Some shitshow for sure. I felt bad for TOE but this is miles worse. 

My lasting memory of Benedictus is that he is shite. But Ray will know him from Raith presumably? Its either indicative that Ray rates him or its indicative of the sort of transfer and hence budget we can expect in January.... Unsure which.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Just heard from a usually reliable source that Lewis has had his contract paid up and has gone back south.

Also told that Kyle Benedictus incoming.

This is a low. So-called fkn fans racially abusing our own can f**k right off. Hope they are identified and dealt with. Would have wished to give Dennon support and apologise for the filth scum idiots.

Benedictus would be a decent signing IMO. Experienced at this level and far superior to what we have. Also has the benefit of having worked with Ray previously. Remember we're not looking for guys right now who will win us the league, all we need are some decent championship players to dig us out of our current position.

Edited by EdiBairn

Benedictus is a decent signing IMO. Experienced at this level and far superior to what we have. Also has the benefit of having worked with Ray previously. Remember we're not looking for guys right now who will win us the league, all we need are some decent championship players to dig us out of our current position.
Has his signing been confirmed

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
16 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
Benedictus is a decent signing IMO. Experienced at this level and far superior to what we have. Also has the benefit of having worked with Ray previously. Remember we're not looking for guys right now who will win us the league, all we need are some decent championship players to dig us out of our current position.

Has his signing been confirmed

Wouldn't have thought so. He's been with Raith for a few seasons and has been playing regularly. I think his deal would have to be up in January because I can't see Raith letting him go when they're likely to be involved in promotion playoffs and I can't see us paying a fee for him.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't have thought so. He's been with Raith for a few seasons and has been playing regularly. I think his deal would have to be up in January because I can't see Raith letting him go when they're likely to be involved in promotion playoffs and I can't see us paying a fee for him.

Ray like paying transfer fees, he pulled out all the stops to get his love child Toshney then proceeded to break him.

1 hour ago, bairney said:

This is a low. So-called fkn fans racially abusing our own can f**k right off. Hope they are identified and dealt with. Would have wished to give Dennon support and apologise for the filth scum idiots.

Can still do so via Twitter. Plenty of people have. I'm sure Lewis knows that it's a few random clowns amongst a support of thousands. 

He was never staying beyond Jan anyway. He's a very poor player and one of the first of the Jan departures.  If he doesn't play for us again though it's awful this is his parting memory of the club and Scotland. Can't blame him for being absolutely seething with us. Has every right to feel that way.

21 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Can still do so via Twitter. Plenty of people have. I'm sure Lewis knows that it's a few random clowns amongst a support of thousands. 

He was never staying beyond Jan anyway. He's a very poor player and one of the first of the Jan departures.  If he doesn't play for us again though it's awful this is his parting memory of the club and Scotland. Can't blame him for being absolutely seething with us. Has every right to feel that way.

I don't think its the fact he was poor its just for the fact we expected a proven goalscorer but when there is little being created what more than the guy do other than his best its not just the fact Lewis is poor as a collective they have failed to give him the resources in this case creativity to score goals.  I actually feel disgusted that he has been abused in such a way it doesn't matter if its only 1 person or even 2 the fact this has happened it still tars the club and support as a whole with the same brush.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Strange, but I don't recall any Falkirk fan saying they would need to hear what was said first in regards to the Hippolyte stuff. There was no talk of waiting to see what the court said. There was no talk of 'un PC language'. There was no talk of handing it over to the police to see if an offence had been committed or not. There was no concerted effort to continually try and say it was one person regardless of what statements noted.

There was a lot of almost reveling in it and point scoring though, with couple of posters regularly bringing it up and trying to make out that it's representative of the Para support as a whole.

For the avoidance of doubt, I believe Hippolyte and think the scum who did it should be banned for life from all stadiums.

Correct. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Sorry, never realised that was the case.

I assume though that the police and courts came to the decision that it was aimed at Hippolyte, and that folk held off criticism until that happened?

If he'd been a Falkirk fan you'd have some on this thread claiming he had itchy armpits. 

The Falkirk fans on here have been pretty grim, not as grim during the Dean Shiels shenanigans but pretty bad.