The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

While some of the interventions have undoubtedly been unhelpful, it's distressing to see that some Falkirk fans are far more upset/offended about other fans sticking their oar in, than they are about one of their players being racially abused,

Dare i say, how typically Falkirk.....

I agree that the second part is a completely separate issue and shouldn't have been mentioned. My issue is with people who can't seem to accept that the club was quite right to put out a strong statement  against racist abuse rather than trying to minimise it.
Aye. Deal with it robustly, correctly and treat it as what it is. A criminal offence and a societal problem. Way too serious to use an excuse to have a snide dig at the fans.

Possibly even a pre emptive dig at the fans??? Circling the wagons as they can see a storm on the horizon.... Plenty of our support will be hoping they fucked up McKinnons appointment, we have a crucial January prior to which they have been sounding off about strong backing for Ray.... Either of those things go wrong then it should be curtains. Self preservation of the most toxic sort IMO.

I agree that the second part is a completely separate issue and shouldn't have been mentioned. My issue is with people who can't seem to accept that the club was quite right to put out a strong statement  against racist abuse rather than trying to minimise it.
This is my main issue with the statement. Racism is too serious an issue to try and bolt on issues about players/officials getting abuse online at the back of it.

35 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Again, you based your facts on what ?

I will be in Inverness on Saturday.  I will happily meet you somewhere to discuss your stupid comments.

I am staying over, so if you are making the trip up, then happy to discuss anything you want.

Alternatively if you want to be the keyboard monster, sit back and destroy yourself

Pick on someone your own size. Unless you are that size, in which case take it easy Warwick. 

33 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:
  53 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Just read the last 20 pages or so here.  

1.  Other team's supporters trolling us by taking advantage of a racist incident by one fan are despicable.  This is too serious a subject to pretend to be superior .

4.   I don't understand what motivates a supporter of one team to feel superior to another team.  

14 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am only interest in Falkirk, I don't care enough about any other team to feel anything about them.

You miss my point entirely.  I don't seek out other team's forums or sections in Pie and Bovril to wind up other supporters.  My criticism of those who are doing this to us is pointing out unacceptable behaviour, especially when they are piggybacking on racism to stick the dagger in.    I am not trolling you or any like you, I am defending decent supporters.

Strange that you highlight the so-called trolling rather than the actual racist incident first. I’m sure your heart is in the right place but you have to accept flak will be fired over incidents such as this whither that in its self is right or wrong...

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Maybe do some reading before you start pontificating and tarring everyone with the same brush then. 

That's the thing though; I'm not. I said previously that I don't think the Falkirk support are racist as it was just a couple/few fannies who were involved, just like the incident regarding the Dunfermline fans. Didn't stop some Falkirk fans trying to say our whole support was racist or had a problem with racism.

I was pointing out the different reactions to what is the same thing, which is racial abuse of a player.

5 minutes ago, Mediocre Hat Stand said:

This is some take. Posting a screenshot is on a par with telling a man who was racially abused that he awasn't actually racially abused and has fabricated the entire incident.  

HAHAH. THe fucking cheek of them eh. 

Utterly embarrassing Facebook posts/Tweet come to light and the first thing they do is tell you to get a life. I despair. 

What a horrible bunch of weirdigans they are 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Hughsie said:
Alias confirmed. 

Pretty much. Must have got bored of it hes been at it a fair while now. Pretending to want a square go in Inverness for reasons that he is so far unable to articulate was certainly an overplayed hand. He can look back on the time and effort he spent pretending to be a Falkirk fan for some online strangers with pride though, I suppose.....

Looks to me like he wants to shag you with the "I'm staying over" bit!!

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Just heard from a usually reliable source that Lewis has had his contract paid up and has gone back south.

Also told that Kyle Benedictus incoming.

A real shame if this is how it ends for Lewis up here but he was miles off the required standard. 

Benedictus doesn't exactly set the pulse racing. 

A real shame if this is how it ends for Lewis up here but he was miles off the required standard. 
Benedictus doesn't exactly set the pulse racing. 
This 100%. Lewis was fairly terrible for us but it's a sad way to see someone leave. Was hoping for a bit of a show of support from the fans up at Caley before him being inevitably punted in January.