The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

I wasn't having a go at the club at all....... on this issue they have probably got it right. 

It's the fans on here I was referring to. 

I think the club had every right to ask for witnesses etc but I do feel they could have said an alleged incident of racism instead of the way they worded it.  If someone is charged with this they have the same right as anyone else to a fair trial and should be seen as innocent until proven guilty. The club seem to be making statements regarding guilt before the police have carried out due process.

Edited by Shodwall cat

8 minutes ago, Mediocre Hat Stand said:

Dotting accounts? Grow up, mate.

But what about everyone else!!!!???

What about everyone else ?,  let the club and the police deal with it, at this moment the club is a punchbag for everyone else we have problems both on and off field and it's no secret we seem to be moving from one disaster to another.

21 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

What about everyone else ?,  let the club and the police deal with it, at this moment the club is a punchbag for everyone else we have problems both on and off field and it's no secret we seem to be moving from one disaster to another.

He's trying to make the point that if something bad is being spouted towards anyone and a retort to this is saying 'well yous are just as bad because*insert separate incident here*' then your reply is just deflecting from the main original point. Fighting fire with fire so to speak. 

It's a classic line from Jimmy that he used to pedal out constantly. 

He's trying to make the point that if something bad is being spouted towards anyone and a retort to this is saying 'well yous are just as bad because*insert separate incident here*' then your reply is just deflecting from the main original point. Fighting fire with fire so to speak. 
It's a classic line from Jimmy that he used to pedal out constantly. 
What was Jimmy banned for again? Being abusive was it?

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Theres no justification for any sort of racism even if it is a player frustrating the hell out you and no player should be subjected to it,  the problem is on the rise as a whole within football.  Every club has their element of support that has shamed it in some way shape or form over the years but to make it out that this issue is just solely a problem at Falkirk then you're just deluded.

https://news.sky.com/story/racism-in-football-on-the-rise-again-according-to-anti-discrimination-charity-kick-it-out-11565661

You're right, hardly a game goes by without a public report of racist abuse towards a player. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

There was a photo of the guy making monkey gestures.

Sorry, never realised that was the case.

I assume though that the police and courts came to the decision that it was aimed at Hippolyte, and that folk held off criticism until that happened?

24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sorry, never realised that was the case.

I assume though that the police and courts came to the decision that it was aimed at Hippolyte, and that folk held off criticism until that happened?

Maybe do some reading before you start pontificating and tarring everyone with the same brush then. 

Just read the last 20 pages or so here.  

1.  Other team's supporters trolling us by taking advantage of a racist incident by one fan are despicable.  This is too serious a subject to pretend to be superior and try to score inter-team rivalry brownie points while we all know that in all areas of society, including football there is a residual problem in a small percentage of people who think they are better than others due to their skin colour.  Don't criticise us for the skelf in our eye when you might have a plank in yours.

2.  Like every other team, the vast majority of Falkirk fans are decent people.  Like every other team Falkirk will have a few fans who hold unacceptable views.  This percentage will go much higher if the team you support trades on it's sectarian religious tradition.  When a team opens it's gates it attracts a wide cross section of society, including it's dregs.

3.  I believe Dennon.  Being a member of a "minority" myself, the last thing I want to hear is abuse, so if I do hear it I am damned sure it happened.

4.   I don't understand what motivates a supporter of one team to feel superior to another team.  We are all the product of where we were brought up.  I am Falkirk fan because I grew up in the area.  If I grew up in Greenock I would have been a Morton fan.  Roll of the dice.    I don't give a fig what other teams are doing.  I wouldn't waste a moment of my time trying to attack other supporters because they come from a different place.
5.  This is probably the worst time to be a Falkirk supporter I can remember (I became a Bairn in early 70's when my dad used to lift me over the turnstiles at Brockville).   Not only do we have the worst team in memory, things behind the scenes seem chaotic, the fans are in despair and there have been a series of self inflicted injuries, the latest is the abuse of Dennon.
I don't know what the solution is.  We will get through this.  Right now we have to grit our teeth and endure this.   There will be better times ahead.

I am a product of my environment. The environment I grew up in was one where you incessantly mock opposition football fans and clubs when they make an arse of things.

I remember being 9 years old and my mum absolutely howling at Stephen Pressley's ridiculous brown shoes. It bonded us in a way that only football can.

Mind you for all I know they could have put the statement out on the advice of the police and if this is the case the club have acted correctly.

Can't help thinking that if the appeal for witnesses/information had come from the police then it might have saved a world of pain.

11 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I am a product of my environment. The environment I grew up in was one where you incessantly mock opposition football fans and clubs when they make an arse of things.

I remember being 9 years old and my mum absolutely howling at Stephen Pressley's ridiculous brown shoes. It bonded us in a way that only football can.

Don’t lie - you bonded in a much more serious way with her before. You mutant tramp. 

Edited by BountyBairn

7 minutes ago, port-ton said:

I must be lacking the "mocking" gene.  I don't even feel part of our manufactured rivalry with Dunfermline.  I am only interest in Falkirk, I don't care enough about any other team to feel anything about them.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Bairnschild said:
couldn't resist....
Mate, you are the disgrace here.  To be honest, you are coming across as you so politely put it as the thick c**t.

I think you should deeply apologise to the two posters on here at being the thick c**t

By all means give me an explanation of what you are actually trying to say here.

I think you have just proved to everyone you are indeed a thick c**t as you politely put it.  Perhaps one day you will realise you are a poor man's dog Damien