The Falkirk FC Thread

Strange, but I don't recall any Falkirk fan saying they would need to hear what was said first in regards to the Hippolyte stuff. There was no talk of waiting to see what the court said. There was no talk of 'un PC language'. There was no talk of handing it over to the police to see if an offence had been committed or not. There was no concerted effort to continually try and say it was one person regardless of what statements noted.

There was a lot of almost reveling in it and point scoring though, with couple of posters regularly bringing it up and trying to make out that it's representative of the Para support as a whole.

For the avoidance of doubt, I believe Hippolyte and think the scum who did it should be banned for life from all stadiums.

21 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Those tickets were sold to older fans who couldn't stand for 90 minutes, in my experience some older people use language, which is highly inappropriate and racist. My point is should an overheard conversation be regarded the same as someone shouting racist abuse.
If it is an older fan are we to haul someone through the courts and ban them, they could have mild dementia, recently had a stroke or a change in medication?

21539FE5-6206-44D0-AC30-0A4081D6A581.gif

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Again with the crediting people with things they never said. Where have I said its acceptable? I will have to go back and re read Kelevras post to see what you are referring to.

Where have I said it's....

@RandomGuy is this the post you are referring to?

Tell me what part of it is factually incorrect, and also, I dont know the law as it pertains to what he asked at the start of the post. I am interested to know the answer though.  If he is looking for justification to say whatever you want than aye, thats the language of an apologist but he is right in what he says re people talkimg privately v publicly. 

Fwiw, I have heard the same rumour. I am not overly interested in rumour though, but believe it is for the authorities to establish the facts. 

I don't know the law....

that's the language....

re talking privately...

Na your going to have to put more meat on that one m8 otherwise your well out of line with that statement. 

..you are going to have to.....

The top post renders anything further you have say on the matter irrelevant. 

The fact that you couldnt resist shoehorning the KKK into a subject where you somehow expect to be taken seriously, again, makes you look like a thick c**t. 

couldn't resist....

Mate, you are the disgrace here.  To be honest, you are coming across as you so politely put it as the thick c**t.

I think you should deeply apologise to the two posters on here at being the thick c**t

2 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Where have I said it's....

I don't know the law....

that's the language....

re talking privately...

..you are going to have to.....

couldn't resist....

Mate, you are the disgrace here.  To be honest, you are coming across as you so politely put it as the thick c**t.

I think you should deeply apologise to the two posters on here at being the thick c**t

What the f**k man. :lol:

What do we all think it would take for Bairnardo to actually criticise a Falkirk fan? It's been established that acting as an apologist for racism won't do it. He'll pussyfoot round having a pop at actual racists. He's essentially a Rangers in a Falkirk top, no matter the crime Rangers fans wouldn't dare have a pop at a fellow fan. 
Someones a bit rattled.

couldn't resist....

By all means give me an explanation of what you are actually trying to say here.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Strange, but I don't recall any Falkirk fan saying they would need to hear what was said first in regards to the Hippolyte stuff. There was no talk of waiting to see what the court said. There was no talk of 'un PC language'. There was no talk of handing it over to the police to see if an offence had been committed or not. There was no concerted effort to continually try and say it was one person regardless of what statements noted.

There was a lot of almost reveling in it and point scoring though, with couple of posters regularly bringing it up and trying to make out that it's representative of the Para support as a whole.

For the avoidance of doubt, I believe Hippolyte and think the scum who did it should be banned for life from all stadiums.

No one said they would need to wait in that instance because there was video footage of the guy in question making Monkey gestures from the away stand at TFS. I'm 100% for banning whoever is responsible in this case but wondering why there was no "let's wait and see" in that case is somewhat daft given it was plain for all to see and not really open to any form of interpretation. Im personally of the opinion that the club wouldn't make up something this damaging without good cause and I don't see how it would benefit Lewis either. Those arguments just seem like people trying to avoid dealing with the issue or admitting that the club has problems within its support. Having heard some of our fans and the way they are at games, i'm utterly unsurprised by this as we have some absolutely disgusting members of the support regularly attending. Do they routinely shout racist abuse? Not that i've heard, although I have heard it on occasion and felt unwell and deeply saddened by it every time. Do they routinely shout homophobic abuse? Yes, and it's not on. Are either of these acceptable? No. No one is revelling here and neither they should be.

P.s. I'm genuinely unsure of how changing your medication could make you a racist. I've yet to see that listed as a side effect. Wasn't this the excuse that Roseanne Barr used recently for her racist jokes on twitter?

Edited by PipoIsABairn

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:
couldn't resist....

By all means give me an explanation of what you are actually trying to say here.

Found out. 

I am not a Falkirk fan, but like many Falkirk fans I am not at all pleased this has happened. 
However the reason that so many are getting involved is because of the nonsense being spouted about who heard what and whether it was illegal or not. 
It is entirely irrelevant whether the player clearly heard the abuse or  if what was said /shouted was reported to him, the end result is the same. 
Similarly all this quasi-legal stuff, whether intentionally or not looks like a plea for mitigation. 
Just come out and say 'no ifs, no buts, it's entirely unacceptable and we should find and ban the culprits'. 
I doubt that any Scottish football club can honestly say they have never had any issues of this kind, but thankfully they are becoming increasingly infrequent but you seem at the moment to have the terrible knack of making a bad situation even worse. 

I totally agree with this.

I can't help wondering however if the club had held back on the statement and let the police do their enquiry then if no witnesses were found go public with an appeal would this all have been avoided.

I do not think the club have handled this great. I know they wanted to get a message out that racism will not be tolerated. They are totally correct in doing this but let the police do their job first.

Mind you for all I know they could have put the statement out on the advice of the police and if this is the case the club have acted correctly.

58 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

If it is an older fan are we to haul someone through the courts and ban them

This is interesting. Is there an age at which criminal responsibility disappears? Kind of like how you can't try kids before a certain age?

Jeeeeeeezzzoooo

Edited by Gaz

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I totally agree with this.

I can't help wondering however if the club had held back on the statement and let the police do their enquiry then if no witnesses were found go public with an appeal would this all have been avoided.

I do not think the club have handled this great. I know they wanted to get a message out that racism will not be tolerated. They are totally correct in doing this but let the police do their job first.

Mind you for all I know they could have put the statement out on the advice of the police and if this is the case the club have acted correctly.

I wasn't having a go at the club at all....... on this issue they have probably got it right. 

It's the fans on here I was referring to. 

Edited by Mr Toon

Pal, you've outed yourself as an apologist for racism. Completely unwilling to having a go at fans wearing the same colours as you but immediately jumping on those who wear different colours. 
Firstly, no I havent, secondly you are someone who creates dotting accounts on a football website. So youl have to forgive me if I point and laugh at whatever nonsense you shit out over the forum rather than take you seriously.

18 hours ago, whereismillar said:

interesting debate .. so where does "racism" start and finish? you only need to support a team from  Fife , Stirlingshire, ect,ect to be given abuse about where you are from

is this racist  ? if so most fans from any team are for sure.

:lol:

Tremendous stuff.  

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Those tickets were sold to older fans who couldn't stand for 90 minutes, in my experience some older people use language, which is highly inappropriate and racist. My point is should an overheard conversation be regarded the same as someone shouting racist abuse.
If it is an older fan are we to haul someone through the courts and ban them, they could have mild dementia, recently had a stroke or a change in medication?

GQbS.gif.f93b4cb9202a2e9a2ade14ec8e68743c.gif

Also to the thick f**k suggesting Lewis made this up to get out of his contract... Let's have it right, he is not a good football player and would be one of the first names down to be punted in January anyway. 

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There was a photo of the guy making monkey gestures.

I wasn't having a go at the club at all....... on this issue they have probably got it right. 
Is the fans on here I was referring to. 

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying. A bit of calm is needed until the police conclude their investigation. Then the culprits will be identified and no matter what age they are will be dealt with in court.

Theres no justification for any sort of racism even if it is a player frustrating the hell out you and no player should be subjected to it,  the problem is on the rise as a whole within football.  Every club has their element of support that has shamed it in some way shape or form over the years but to make it out that this issue is just solely a problem at Falkirk then you're just deluded.

https://news.sky.com/story/racism-in-football-on-the-rise-again-according-to-anti-discrimination-charity-kick-it-out-11565661