The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@RandomGuy is this the post you are referring to?

Tell me what part of it is factually incorrect, and also, I dont know the law as it pertains to what he asked at the start of the post. I am interested to know the answer though.  If he is looking for justification to say whatever you want than aye, thats the language of an apologist but he is right in what he says re people talkimg privately v publicly. 

Fwiw, I have heard the same rumour. I am not overly interested in rumour though, but believe it is for the authorities to establish the facts. 

All racist language is abuse.   He's absolutely making excuses for the culprits.

Kelevra is a racist apologist, he's saying racisms fine as long as you don't let everyone know.
You're agreeing with his points, and having a go at me, the person saying no form of racism is acceptable, rather than the guy telling folk racisms fine as long as they keep it quiet. 
You tell me what you think about yourself, my points clear.
No, I am agreeing that people DO say things in private that they wouldnt say in public, and asking what provisions the law has for that. At best you are wilfully misinterpreting my post. Nothing about that suggests I think racism is acceptable.

Also, show me where Kelevra stated racism is fine? The best I can see is that he is saying it exists, privately and publically and questioning what if anything can be done about privately held opinions.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No, I am agreeing that people DO say things in private that they wouldnt say in public, and asking what provisions the law has for that. At best you are wilfully misinterpreting my post. Nothing about that suggests I think racism is acceptable.

Also, show me where Kelevra stated racism is fine? The best I can see is that he is saying it exists, privately and publically and questioning what if anything can be done about privately held opinions.

He claims two people racially abusing someone in private isn't racism.

This is a subject about a player being racially abused at a football match and he's completely twisting the circumstances to try and excuse it.

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

All racist language is abuse.   He's absolutely making excuses for the culprits.

To me he was asking if they can be done with it. Thats different from saying its acceptable. Now I think we can surely all agree that legal interference in private conversations and opinions is a minefield, so I was personally also interested in the provisions of law in the case of an overheard conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To me he was asking if they can be done with it. Thats different from saying its acceptable. Now I think we can surely all agree that legal interference in private conversations and opinions is a minefield, so I was personally also interested in the provisions of law in the case of an overheard conversation. 

10 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Two old duffers overheard  using non pc language to discuss a player isn’t racist abuse.

This is him excusing use of racist language considering the context of the conversation. 

This is where football's tribalism starts to become a problem. It gets in the way of logic and any semblance of common sense.

This. I’d expect that most people who are either doubting the racist abuse or deflecting it away from Falkirk fans are embarrassed. They don’t want the clubs name dragged through the mud and will do anything to try stop it, making themselves look stupid in the process. It’s works the other way with an expectation that because we are also Falkirk fans we have to apologise on these individuals behalf. The team they support should have absolutely no relevance when it comes to condemnation.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

This. I’d expect that most people who are either doubting the racist abuse or deflecting it away from Falkirk fans are embarrassed. They don’t want the clubs name dragged through the mud and will do anything to try stop it, making themselves look stupid in the process. It’s works the other way with an expectation that because we are also Falkirk fans we have to apologise on these individuals behalf. The team they support should have absolutely no relevance when it comes to condemnation.

Ditto the non-Falkirk fans who are absolutely delighted that this has happened so they can 'wind folk up' on here. 

Those tickets were sold to older fans who couldn't stand for 90 minutes, in my experience some older people use language, which is highly inappropriate and racist. My point is should an overheard conversation be regarded the same as someone shouting racist abuse.
If it is an older fan are we to haul someone through the courts and ban them, they could have mild dementia, recently had a stroke or a change in medication?

1 minute ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Those tickets were sold to older fans who couldn't stand for 90 minutes, in my experience some older people use language, which is highly inappropriate and racist. My point is should an overheard conversation be regarded the same as someone shouting racist abuse.
If it is an older fan are we to haul someone through the courts and ban them, they could have mild dementia, recently had a stroke or a change in medication?

:lol:

If the whole thing has now been handed over to the police then let them deal with it in the proper manner. They will decide whether an offence has occurred and if so charge the perpetrators. I would then hope that if  the individuals have been held to account in a court of law the club will ban them from the westfield for life  as they should be. Until this happens anything is simply conjecture or rumour. Noone on in the public domain seems to know when it was , where it was or who it was. Nor do they know who heard it or reported it.  Hopefully a  bit more detail will come out in the next few days.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Ditto the non-Falkirk fans who are absolutely delighted that this has happened so they can 'wind folk up' on here. 

I am not a Falkirk fan, but like many Falkirk fans I am not at all pleased this has happened. 

However the reason that so many are getting involved is because of the nonsense being spouted about who heard what and whether it was illegal or not. 

It is entirely irrelevant whether the player clearly heard the abuse or  if what was said /shouted was reported to him, the end result is the same. 

Similarly all this quasi-legal stuff, whether intentionally or not looks like a plea for mitigation. 

Just come out and say 'no ifs, no buts, it's entirely unacceptable and we should find and ban the culprits'. 

I doubt that any Scottish football club can honestly say they have never had any issues of this kind, but thankfully they are becoming increasingly infrequent but you seem at the moment to have the terrible knack of making a bad situation even worse. 

Edited by Mr Toon

15 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Oh dear!

mild dementia, recently had a stroke or a change in medication?

Surely whoever is looking after them is to blame then ?

18 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

some really top tier trolling going on here, looking forward to RandomGuy and TurbineTon's spontaneous combustion upon reading