The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye that's who Andrew Irving, Scotland under-19 International, should be aspiring to finish like. Deary me. McKee is a five goal a season non entity. Passing one in from inside the box against a crap League One team is hardly indicative of a treat finisher. 

Just to further rubbish this odd reply, here is a U19 squad from a few years back. Plenty of lesser entities than Joe McKee in there, indicative of the standard you are citing during your complete missing of my point

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scotland-u19/startseite/verein/17622?saison_id=2013

Of course, none of that matters since if Irving was actually in the current squad we wouldnt have had to play Partick last week.

Gies a shout when Irving bags his fifth of the season though and we can maybe revisit.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Yep, I’m struggling to say who I’d keep, at tops McGhee, Prince & Robson, with Petra and Rudden for the bench.

First person to disagree with any, fine by me. I’ll not be easily persuaded to put up any fight today.

We’ve all had turns at saying it’s a or b or a and b and c and just about every other permutation possible that is to blame for the this season’s eye wateringly bad performances.

If it were to pop up in the Herald that McKinnon had decided to release every single player who has started a first team game this season, then I think it would be met by little more than a shrug of the shoulders by most supporters.

The defensive changes yesterday were catastrophic. The attempt to play even a mildly more attacking system was catastrophic. Clearly, the vast majority no longer have any skin in the game, and it’s now pointless singling out players for criticism, as this is a collective clusterfuck with buck apparently, searching aimlessly for some place to stop.

The only upside is the opportunity for McKinnon to become a local hero twice in one season by getting us out of this mess.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We’ve all had turns at saying it’s a or b or a and b and c and just about every other permutation possible that is to blame for the this season’s eye wateringly bad performances.

If it were to pop up in the Herald that McKinnon had decided to release every single player who has started a first team game this season, then I think it would be met by little more than a shrug of the shoulders by most supporters.

The defensive changes yesterday were catastrophic. The attempt to play even a mildly more attacking system was catastrophic. Clearly, the vast majority no longer have any skin in the game, and it’s now pointless singling out players for criticism, as this is a collective clusterfuck with buck apparently, searching aimlessly for some place to stop.

The only upside is the opportunity for McKinnon to become a local hero twice in one season by getting us out of this mess.

You sound as though you think that McKinnon actually gives a fcuk. Two year deal, easy commute,  not expected by anyone to do anything  with your mess of a squad. Easy money. No wonder he still has that cheeesy sleekit wee grin. 

10 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

You sound as though you think that McKinnon actually gives a fcuk. Two year deal, easy commute,  not expected by anyone to do anything  with your mess of a squad. Easy money. No wonder he still has that cheeesy sleekit wee grin. 

stupid2.jpg.19cc82c501d1ddb985424aa25f45c715.jpg

7 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Brechin were in the division last year which meant finishing 10th was impossible. Worst Hartley could possibly do was a playoff.

This year bottom is definitely a possibility. 

I think we'll stay up via the playoffs to be honest. I think it will be difficult getting enough players in in Jan to get 8th.

That's true. Brechin was a get of jail card. Alloa look much more capable of staying up. 

I don't get guys on here that assume we are gonna recruit well in January, what happens if there are no decent players available. Just because we are Falkirk isn't a good enough reason to stay up. I've seen most games this season and we are the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever seen. Yesterday was just a vivid reminder 

46 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Has McKinnon fucked up the same way Hartley did by making it public there's going to be a major clear-out in January?  Looked very like the players had downed tools yesterday. 

Its pretty obvious that thats going to happen anyway whether he says it publicly or not. These players have had more than enough time to show they are worth keeping and yet the vast majority havent given a feck. If u give uo the ghost now then its only your own throat your cutting.

I very much doubt irving will make it as a player. Hes got no right foot what so ever which is frankly criminal in the modern game.

1 minute ago, BMbairn said:

That's true. Brechin was a get of jail card. Alloa look much more capable of staying up. 

I don't get guys on here that assume we are gonna recruit well in January, what happens if there are no decent players available. Just because we are Falkirk isn't a good enough reason to stay up. I've seen most games this season and we are the biggest pile of horseshit I have ever seen. Yesterday was just a vivid reminder 

No excuse to think we cant get in players good enough to avoid relegation. They dont have to be good enough to win the league just good enough to get more points than two other sides.

Thank goodness we have a manager picking the team. People who think Aaron Muirhead, Joe McKee and Lewis Kidd are the first players needing replaced are off their heads.

There's at least 10 I'd be looking to punt before even thinking about any of them.

Edited by EdiBairn

15 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Thank goodness we have a manager picking the team. People who think Aaron Muirhead, Joe McKee and Lewis Kidd are the first players needing replaced are off their heads.

There's at least 10 I'd be looking to punt before even thinking about any of them.

Name the 10 then!

4 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Yep, I’m struggling to say who I’d keep, at tops McGhee, Prince & Robson, with Petra and Rudden for the bench.

First person to disagree with any, fine by me. I’ll not be easily persuaded to put up any fight today.

Robson????!!!!????

56 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

Robson????!!!!????

Tommy Robson's a very good player IMO. Passable at full back and very good at wing back. Of course if we could bring in Robertson or Tierney to replace him I'd be all for that but I can't see how we can get better.

There's not a chance that McKinnon will be able to bring in a whole new team therefore he needs to build around the best that we have currently and Robson, along with Bauben and maybe McGhee and Harrison falls into that category for me.