The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

A group of young idiots got taken off by security but then all the other passengers got taken off, my disgruntled self included. Miles from home, drunk and lost. Wandered eventually into a bus stop that went towards home an hour or two later.

Wake up to find we're going to get pumped out the Scottish by our local rivals, just like yourselves so I've got f**k all to brag about on here.

Fucking amazing John Kyle impression btw

43 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The knicker wetters in our support are hilarious. The two old duffers standing behind me at Stenny yesterday were talking as if we were already relegated. No player would want to come to us, etc, etc

This time last season we were in a slightly worse position, being 4 points from 8th and having played a game more than the two teams above us. 

Hartley didn't exactly sign world beaters in January but it was enough to stay up by 17 points. If McKinnon can do likewise to replace the absolute shower of shite in the current squad, we'll be fine. 

Brechin were in the division last year which meant finishing 10th was impossible. Worst Hartley could possibly do was a playoff.

This year bottom is definitely a possibility. 

I think we'll stay up via the playoffs to be honest. I think it will be difficult getting enough players in in Jan to get 8th.

37 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Has the Mckinnkon tapping transfer case with Morton been held yet? 

As if their not feeling bad enough you have to bring that up.

At least Falkirk won't have the distraction of Scottish Cup games in their quest for Championship survival, Ray's played a blinder there for sure.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The knicker wetters in our support are hilarious. The two old duffers standing behind me at Stenny yesterday were talking as if we were already relegated. No player would want to come to us, etc, etc

This time last season we were in a slightly worse position, being 4 points from 8th and having played a game more than the two teams above us. 

Hartley didn't exactly sign world beaters in January but it was enough to stay up by 17 points. If McKinnon can do likewise to replace the absolute shower of shite in the current squad, we'll be fine. 

Ah! To yearn for the halcyon days of being “fine”

29 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Ah! To yearn for the halcyon days of being “fine”

Seems like an eternity since we were mediocre. At least being out of the cup means we'll only face familiar opponents between now and the end of season. The mixed responses of mockery and sympathy, at how bad Hartley's squad truly is, was starting to become a bit tiresome. Familiar opposition can be complacent, increasing the chances of a freak result.

2 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Serious question lads. when we're league 1 next season is everyone still going to games or not ? and will it depend on the price?

i'll probably keep doing what I do now which is going when I can make it and pay at the gate.  might make more of an effort to get round the grounds for away games tho

As if yesterday wasn't bad enough, then you read this.

We have a very good chance of staying up if we get recruitment right in January and are ruthless with players who aren't good enough.

For me Fasan, Mitchell, Dallison, Brough, Sammut, Irving, Lewis and Haber all have to go. I'd also be looking to find upgrades on Petravicius and Harrison.

Just on yesterdays highlights, Joe McKees goal provides an excellent contrast to Andrew Irving who, if he could finish the way McKee does would be a fantastic prospect. As it is, his lack of effectiveness/final product is slowly but surely moving him to the punt pile for me. He is at the start of his career, but Id wager even with the limited player market of January, there are far more effective players at the end of their career available.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just on yesterdays highlights, Joe McKees goal provides an excellent contrast to Andrew Irving who, if he could finish the way McKee does would be a fantastic prospect. As it is, his lack of effectiveness/final product is slowly but surely moving him to the punt pile for me. He is at the start of his career, but Id wager even with the limited player market of January, there are far more effective players at the end of their career available.

Aye that's who Andrew Irving, Scotland under-19 International, should be aspiring to finish like. Deary me. McKee is a five goal a season non entity. Passing one in from inside the box against a crap League One team is hardly indicative of a treat finisher. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Irvine deffo has something but it’s not desire or enthusiasm.  Could be he just isn’t bothered his arse about us but he is so ineffective in the team I won’t miss him when he goes back to Hearts. 

Not one single player played anywhere near good enough yesterday, not a single one. The manager needs to look at himself as well IMO, why the fcuk would you punt the ball forward the way we did yesterday?

It was unbelievable the way no one put their foot on the ball the way stenhousemuir did. They were mikes better than us and deserved more goals. 

I know Muirhead wasn’t any worse than anyone else but how he can walk straight back into the team where the defence has improved so much since he went out the team is beyond me. Don’t even get me started on our centre forward or keeper.

Edited by Hannibal Lecturer

Irvine deffo has something but it’s not desire or enthusiasm.  Could be he just isn’t bothered his arse about us but he is so ineffective in the team I won’t miss him when he goes back to Hearts. 
Not one single player played anywhere near good enough yesterday, not a single one. The manager needs to look at himself as well IMO, why the fcuk would you punt the ball forward the way we did yesterday?
It was unbelievable the way no one put their foot on the ball the way stenhousemuir did. They were mikes better than us and deserved more goals. 
I know Muirhead wasn’t any worse than anyone else but how he can walk straight back into the team where the defence has improved so much since he went out the team is beyond me. Don’t even get me started on our centre forward or keeper.

Muirhead walked straight back into the team as Harrison got injured in the warm up!

Aye that's who Andrew Irving, Scotland under-19 International, should be aspiring to finish like. Deary me. McKee is a five goal a season non entity. Passing one in from inside the box against a crap League One team is hardly indicative of a treat finisher. 
Thought the inference was pretty clear from my post that despite being a better player, Joe McKee is effortlessly outscoring him.

Next time I will make sure there is no between the lines reading required.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

That's a strange comment from a weird b*****d like yourself. I don't tell you how to process your teams results. I take other teams failures seriously, especially when they are epic Diddy teams. 

Dearie me, one internet nonentity fan of a diddy team taking offence at another internet nonentity fan of a diddy team. I'm crushed, really crushed. *

* Actually, I'm not, really.

Joe McKee is such a weird and infuriating player. Yesterday for example he was completely invisible all first half then he makes a good run forward and scores. Last week was exactly the same done absolutely nothing then decent run forward and gets a goal.

If he’s a striker then you can forgive him not getting involved in the play so much and just looking to score. However with how pish we are just now we need our midfield to be battling, pressing and looking to impose themselves on the game. That’s just something that he is incapable of doing.