The Falkirk FC Thread

Serious question lads. when we're league 1 next season is everyone still going to games or not ? and will it depend on the price?

i'll probably keep doing what I do now which is going when I can make it and pay at the gate.  might make more of an effort to get round the grounds for away games tho

Serious question lads. when we're league 1 next season is everyone still going to games or not ? and will it depend on the price?
i'll probably keep doing what I do now which is going when I can make it and pay at the gate.  might make more of an effort to get round the grounds for away games tho
Odd question. Given that in November its a foregone conclusion despite being only 3 points off 8th place, maybe you should be asking about continued attendance this season?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Odd question. Given that in November its a foregone conclusion despite being only 3 points off 8th place, maybe you should be asking about continued attendance this season?

I would have said if but everyone would have jumped on it with "it's not an if mate its a when"

I would have said if but everyone would have jumped on it with "it's not an if mate its a when"
Anyone claiming its a foregone conclusion is a moron.

I understand the anger at yesterdays performance, but anyone who didnt think there would be more horrific days this season is also a moron.

The task McKinnon had been set my most on here was a near miracle turnaround post January based on the assumption this team werent capable of remaining in touch. The assumption was that we would be cut loose. We are by no means cut loose currently.

Now we have turned in a shite performance and all of a sudden its back to being all over before Christmas, before Ray even gets his transfer window.

Mental stuff.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Morton losing to Peterhead in their replay and Dunfermline losing to Raith might make our own result a bit less disappointing. 

1. You are a sad man.

2. It won't, not in the least.

Cheerio.

The knicker wetters in our support are hilarious. The two old duffers standing behind me at Stenny yesterday were talking as if we were already relegated. No player would want to come to us, etc, etc

This time last season we were in a slightly worse position, being 4 points from 8th and having played a game more than the two teams above us. 

Hartley didn't exactly sign world beaters in January but it was enough to stay up by 17 points. If McKinnon can do likewise to replace the absolute shower of shite in the current squad, we'll be fine. 

The knicker wetters in our support are hilarious. The two old duffers standing behind me at Stenny yesterday were talking as if we were already relegated. No player would want to come to us, etc, etc
This time last season we were in a slightly worse position, being 4 points from 8th and having played a game more than the two teams above us. 
Hartley didn't exactly sign world beaters in January but it was enough to stay up by 17 points. If McKinnon can do likewise to replace the absolute shower of shite in the current squad, we'll be fine. 

The last time the term ‘knicker wetting’ was used on here was during pre-season friendlies. We all remember what happened in succeeding weeks.
I take the point re last season but we don’t have a Brechin or a Dumbarton to do us a favour. We may be ok, but I also think it’s going to be tougher than the happy clappers think it will....

The last time the term ‘knicker wetting’ was used on here was during pre-season friendlies. We all remember what happened in succeeding weeks.
I take the point re last season but we don’t have a Brechin or a Dumbarton to do us a favour. We may be ok, but I also think it’s going to be tougher than the happy clappers think it will....
Genuinely havent seen anyone suggest its going to be anything other than tough.

Facebook for this pish.

Tell us about getting kicked off a train
A group of young idiots got taken off by security but then all the other passengers got taken off, my disgruntled self included. Miles from home, drunk and lost. Wandered eventually into a bus stop that went towards home an hour or two later.

Wake up to find we're going to get pumped out the Scottish by our local rivals, just like yourselves so I've got f**k all to brag about on here.

Genuinely havent seen anyone suggest its going to be anything other than tough.

The danger here is because we did it last season a few are assuming that we can just sign some players and rescue ourselves this season with ease.
It’s going to be much much harder this season because we are starting with a poorer squad and are up against better opponents. f**k knows why we are as close as we are. That’s the one small blessing....

35 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I’ll still go. Still my club and always will be.

I can’t remember us being as bad as this before though and my first game was 1978.

Guys who think there is promise in this team surely can’t be going every week ??

32 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Is that really true though? Think most people, me included, have linked our chances to the Jan window.

If we rely on even half this first XI for the rest of the season I think we'll be relegated.

If we sign many in Jan , we can achieve 9th and win the playoffs. 

I think we will not be higher than 9th no matter what