The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Dominated?  We had 51% possession and Thistle spent most of the game passing sideways and backwards. 

I thought they were much the better team to be honest. Still rank rotten, which made Caldwell's drivel hilarious, but I think it's fair to say they were significantly better than us. That's what made it a great point for me. 

We've already got more points with this shitshow squad than I thought we'd have on Jan 1st so I couldn't call that run of games really. Way things have gone wouldnt be shocked to see us win 2 or 3 by shitfesting them.

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Should be taking is what you said. I am not saying we can’t but I wouldn’t put it in the should bracket that’s for sure.

Let not forget we were dominated by a team that had lost 7 in a row before Saturday.

Well aye, against those three teams at home, I expect we should be aiming to get 6/7 points. We might not, and if we don't Ill not be too upset.

Partick definitely didn't dominate us.  We sat deep and let them play sidey ways due to us having an utter diddy upfront.

Edited by Senor Bairn

Well aye, against those three teams at home, I expect we should be aiming to get 6/7 points. We might not, and if we don't Ill not be too upset.

Partick definitely didn't dominate us.  We sat deep and let them play sidey ways due to us having an utter diddy upfront.

We scored our first home goal of the season with that utter diddy mind you.

Of course we should be winning 2/3/4 of those games. If we can manage to beat Alloa and a couple of draws I think that will be as good as we can get. We have stopped the goals going in but we are not going to score many if we don’t at least try to come over the halfway line.

I thought Partick pretty much dominated whether that was our choice or not they dominated

Partick dominated in the fact that they had more of the ball in our half than vice versa. Having said that, they created very few chances of note and I can't recall Fasan having many saves to make. We definitely look a lot more solid and I can't see us conceding many.

This idea that we should be playing free-flowing attacking football is even more insane when we simply don't have any players to do that. We haven't a single player in midfield who can create chances and link up with Rudden and Petravicius, which I'm sure will be Ray's first priority to fix in January.

Edited by EdiBairn

Partick dominated in the fact that they had more of the ball in our half than vice versa. Having said that, they created very few chances of note and I can't recall Fasan having many saves to make. We definitely look a lot more solid and I can't see us conceding many.
This idea that we should be playing free-flowing attacking football is even more insane when we simply don't have any players to do that. We haven't a single player in midfield who can create chances and link up with Rudden and Petravicius, which I'm sure will be Ray's first priority to fix in January.

Not heard one person say we should be playing free flowing football. Falkirk have not played free flowing football for over 10 years anyway

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not heard one person say we should be playing free flowing football. Falkirk have not played free flowing football for over 10 years anyway

I would say we played free flowing fitba in the dundee united trouncing mind you.

See Davie Provan speaking up for Falkirk and slamming the SFA for not releasing Zak Rudden from Scotland duties:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/11/blogs/scottish-premier-league/sky-pundit-rudden-should-have-been-playing-for-club/

Davie Provan has slammed the Scottish Football Association for failing to release Rangers starlet Zak Rudden from age-group duty to play for loan club Falkirk at the weekend.

The Sky Sports pundit and ex-Celtic midfielder is convinced the Ibrox forward, who is on a season-long loan with the Scottish Championship club, should not have been made to play for the nation’s Under-19s.

“Rudden should have been playing in their relegation crunch with Partick,” Provan told the Scottish Sun. “Instead, the Bairns did without him after the SFA refused to release him from the Scotland Under-19 squad facing San Marino.

“Who in their right mind at Hampden made that decision? Given the Bairns’ precarious league position and the potential financial hit from relegation, Rudden should have been playing for the people paying his wages.

“Is it any wonder there is so little goodwill towards the SFA?”

52 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

See Davie Provan speaking up for Falkirk and slamming the SFA for not releasing Zak Rudden from Scotland duties:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/11/blogs/scottish-premier-league/sky-pundit-rudden-should-have-been-playing-for-club/

Davie Provan has slammed the Scottish Football Association for failing to release Rangers starlet Zak Rudden from age-group duty to play for loan club Falkirk at the weekend.

The Sky Sports pundit and ex-Celtic midfielder is convinced the Ibrox forward, who is on a season-long loan with the Scottish Championship club, should not have been made to play for the nation’s Under-19s.

“Rudden should have been playing in their relegation crunch with Partick,” Provan told the Scottish Sun. “Instead, the Bairns did without him after the SFA refused to release him from the Scotland Under-19 squad facing San Marino.

“Who in their right mind at Hampden made that decision? Given the Bairns’ precarious league position and the potential financial hit from relegation, Rudden should have been playing for the people paying his wages.

Did he say anything about McKinnon being interviewed by you, and apparently working for you,  on deadline Friday when Morton were paying his wages? 

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

Did he say anything about McKinnon being interviewed by you, and apparently working for you,  on deadline Friday when Morton were paying his wages? 

You want salt and vinegar with that chip on your shoulder, you need to let that go. You haven't got any court orders out on you for stalking have you.

6 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

aye he says that's all true, ....and there's f**k all u can dae bout it hahahahah

Edited by falkirkzombie

16 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I thought they were much the better team to be honest. Still rank rotten, which made Caldwell's drivel hilarious, but I think it's fair to say they were significantly better than us. That's what made it a great point for me. 

We've already got more points with this shitshow squad than I thought we'd have on Jan 1st so I couldn't call that run of games really. Way things have gone wouldnt be shocked to see us win 2 or 3 by shitfesting them.

Whilst I don't disagree with this we have to keep in mind we had 3 key players missing from the squad who would have made a differnce on Sat IMO

We took Ray, we took your dignity, we are coming back for Midge and Tids.

There is not one single thing you can do about it.

Fucking diddy.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Like it or not, the SFA won't care about that angle. However, they should care about the player's development and surely to f*** he's better off playing a Championship match than San Marino U19s (if he'd even got off the bench).

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Could take 12 points aff ye and speed up yer relegation :)

Is this because you know that once again your season is going to collapse after New Year and your going to be closer to relegation than the play offs..:rolleyes:

Edited by AL-FFC

I think all Morton fans have kinda presumed we'll be around midtable all season. Might have a push at the play offs if we're lucky. Might look like sliding toward the dross below us if we're unlucky but will probably be battling with QotS for "best mediocre team" in the league.

45 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Aye he said Branch Ton needs to shut his mouth.