The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sort of following on from a comment on the match thread, having now seen a number of games under McKinnon, formations, lineups etc and with January still being absolutely crucial.....

I think we have landed on our feet with Ray McKinnon and his apppointment will turn out the major silver lining of an anotherwise cloudy season.

Discuss.

He’s pissing with the cock he has, post match comments on FTV sum it up and he is spot on.

Sort of following on from a comment on the match thread, having now seen a number of games under McKinnon, formations, lineups etc and with January still being absolutely crucial.....

I think we have landed on our feet with Ray McKinnon and his apppointment will turn out the major silver lining of an anotherwise cloudy season.

Discuss.

Most of the signs are good. I will reserve judgement when I see what the signings are like, what the style will be and if we start winning games.

I don’t think he can be judged properly until then

Most of the signs are good. I will reserve judgement when I see what the signings are like, what the style will be and if we start winning games.

I don’t think he can be judged properly until then
Yeah, even the progress made to now could go backwards in January with the wrong signings. That is the acid test for sure. Heartening though that when stuck with a load of players he didnt sign and probably wont want to keep, he has managed to get points on the board and make us hard to beat.

His organisational skills and interaction with the fans and media I like so far.

Best appointment the Board have made and agree he seems a good fit for the club, Its been a shift and a half for him but he seems to have got them gelling finally in some form of unit. Defensively we are on the face of it pretty much solid at the back.  Fasan is an accident waiting to happen both tiimes when he came out the box to clear the ball out of play could have went drastically wrong.

Biggest thing is with defence being more settled would you change it to bring Aero back  when he returns from injury ?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
In Ray we trust - until we don't

And even then, we'll always have the banter of his appointment.

I think we should take someone from them every year, whether we need them or not. Just until they understand their place in the pecking order. 

Totally understand the rationale behind McKinnon’s solidity at all costs strategy & not sure we have the personnel for anything else but it is a tough shift to watch. Think it amazing he can get anything given some of the complete duds we have.

Haber, Fasan, McKee, Lewis, Dallison and Sammut all players I hope never too see again.

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Totally understand the rationale behind McKinnon’s solidity at all costs strategy & not sure we have the personnel for anything else but it is a tough shift to watch. Think it amazing he can get anything given some of the complete duds we have.

Haber, Fasan, McKee, Lewis, Dallison and Sammut all players I hope never too see again.

McKee is a frustrating one but when you look at it his goal last year v Morton at Cappielow when Alex Smith was in charge gave us our first win, and if it wasnt for McKee yesterday we would be 4 points adrift at the bottom.

Weird thing is i think we lost the pace when Lewis went off yesterday.

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

McKee is a frustrating one but when you look at it his goal last year v Morton at Cappielow when Alex Smith was in charge gave us our first win, and if it wasnt for McKee yesterday we would be 4 points adrift at the bottom.

Weird thing is i think we lost the pace when Lewis went off yesterday.

McKees goal return stands up to scrutiny for his games played, one of the reasons why stats dont always represent the truth of the matter

Mackinnon has been an outstanding appointment so far IMO. I had no idea how anyone would manage to make us competitive with the players we have but he's managed it.

He's also been very clear that the current system is being played out of necessity, so I'm not concerned about his style of football. It'll be interesting to see his tactics once he can shape his own squad.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McKees goal return stands up to scrutiny for his games played, one of the reasons why stats dont always represent the truth of the matter

Agree with you on that but  when you look at where his goals have counted when we needed them not defending the guy just a different perspective 

15 minutes ago, Girth said:

Apparently that Tom Owen-Evans is looking good. Scored a brace yesterday. Finally found his level in Conference North!?

He retweeted both of Herefords tweets about him scoring.

Glad we got rid for that alone.

23 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:
23 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
One of my favourite ever Thistle games even though we got beat. I'm sure the highlights were on BBC1 that night. Any footage anywhere?
Cracking crowd,around 9000-10000.  Probably about half that today.

Was a great game, real end to end stuff under the floodlights in front of a packed Brockville. I'm sure there were highlights on the BBC that night so it will probably be on You Tube.

I tried searching for it yesterday Harry but could not find it.

It was a great game and a great night. I remember Thistle’s goalie banging the ground in rage when he failed to palm one over the bar and it went in.

Mackinnon has been an outstanding appointment so far IMO. I had no idea how anyone would manage to make us competitive with the players we have but he's managed it.
He's also been very clear that the current system is being played out of necessity, so I'm not concerned about his style of football. It'll be interesting to see his tactics once he can shape his own squad.

It will all be down to who he can get in. That will be dependent on what funds are made available. That is the bit none of us know.

Like last January everything won’t just click and I still believe it will be tough.

With his talk about wingers my money would be on 4-3-3