The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If we went down, I think the only thing that would make it bearable would be Morton going down too. Nourishing. 

If we can beat them at home before January and pick up another win as well then I think we will have a good chance of catching them. 

How delicious would that be :thumsup2

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

3 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

It's a very strange proposition that a win tomorrow will take us off the bottom of the league with the team we are currently lumbered with

It's also incredible to think with how shite we are we were close to getting a game postponed due to international call ups. 

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Enough of this outlandish Cardle nonsense. Let’s concentrate on Dallison up front with Lewis.  There’s our salvation right there.

If he has to play, I would rather up top out of the road than at the back. We could put a mannequin about 18 yards out to replicate his ability  as a defender.

11 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Super Sammy McGivern and Gunner McWilliams are there tomorrow to do the half time draw. That's the forward line sorted and they would definitely put more effort into it than Haber.

Thanks Harry. I didn’t know that.

2 of my favourite players in my late teens. Gunner is particular. What a player he was. Different class.

Thanks Harry. I didn’t know that.
2 of my favourite players in my late teens. Gunner is particular. What a player he was. Different class.
Always remember Gunner's performance in the 4-3 win against Thistle at Brockville, outstanding.

Wee Sammy is a Legend, doesn't hide his feelings towards the Pars on FB [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Always remember Gunner's performance in the 4-3 win against Thistle at Brockville, outstanding.

Wee Sammy is a Legend, doesn't hide his feelings towards the Pars on FB emoji23.png

That thistle game was outstanding. Miss characters like Charnley in today's game. 

Edited by Sgt Bilko

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wee Sammy is a Legend, doesn't hide his feelings towards the Pars on FB emoji23.png

One of my favourite ever Thistle games even though we got beat. I'm sure the highlights were on BBC1 that night. Any footage anywhere?

Cracking crowd,around 9000-10000.  Probably about half that today.

One of my favourite ever Thistle games even though we got beat. I'm sure the highlights were on BBC1 that night. Any footage anywhere?
Cracking crowd,around 9000-10000.  Probably about half that today.
Was a great game, real end to end stuff under the floodlights in front of a packed Brockville. I'm sure there were highlights on the BBC that night so it will probably be on You Tube.

Was a great game, real end to end stuff under the floodlights in front of a packed Brockville. I'm sure there were highlights on the BBC that night so it will probably be on You Tube.
It was a fantastic night, and I still have the highlights on video. Opps I'm showing my age lol

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

0-0 would do just fine.

Gary Caldwells chat after the game sums up what an ass he is. Calling that performance different class is an embarrassment. Yes they were marginly better than one of the worst Falkirk teams I've ever witnessed, but not by much! 

Sort of following on from a comment on the match thread, having now seen a number of games under McKinnon, formations, lineups etc and with January still being absolutely crucial.....

I think we have landed on our feet with Ray McKinnon and his apppointment will turn out the major silver lining of an anotherwise cloudy season.

Discuss.

25 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Given the chance to re-wind would any Falkirk fans have taken Houston back? Is it a case of don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone or thank god you punted? I often think the same about united

No.

At both Yinted and Falkirk he inherited a good core of players and progressively got worse after his signings.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sort of following on from a comment on the match thread, having now seen a number of games under McKinnon, formations, lineups etc and with January still being absolutely crucial.....

I think we have landed on our feet with Ray McKinnon and his apppointment will turn out the major silver lining of an anotherwise cloudy season.

Discuss.

I agree with this. He feels like a good fit for the club and I think he will do well for us.

The tossers on onef sound like they want him gone already though. Just shows what little football knowledge they have on there!