The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There doesn't always need to be a vocal interpretation to come out re players knowing their time is up, this summer McKee and Harris, last season Kerr, Miller, Austin, Hippo and Craigen would've known without being told that Hartley was planning their exits.

No argument about that. Things like not being a first pick under a new manager, or not being given any reassurance when they ask about their future are strong hints to players that they'll be moving on. As evidenced by comments made to me by a well-liked midfielder last November. He said then that he didn't think he'd get a new contract in May and he was proven right.

However, that's entirely different from EB's claim of "telling players you want rid of them, as happened with..."

27 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I didn't say he told individuals, but he did make it very clear to the dressing room that many of them would be going.

After failing to win any of his first nine games, I'd be very surprised if he didn't say something along the lines of "youse are shite and if you can't win you'll all be leaving the club". Probably at either halftime or just after they'd trooped off following another defeat. 

I imagine all managers do that. If you ever got the chance to speak to Alex Smith, he could have told you a few stories about dressing room rants.

I didn't attend the everyone loves Raymond evening but I was given to understand around 8 will be coming in in January?

So basically unless I'm wildly wrong he rates 3 of our 1st team.

It wouldn't be hard to figure out if you were 1 of the 8 or 1 of the 3. 

As long as they put it in till Christmas i don’t really care. He seems now to have about 12/13 he can now trust a bit till Christmas. The performances in the last couple of weeks show that one or two who looked certain to go may get a stay of execution but if they don’t do the same in the next 6/7 games I would wager McKinnon will go with his initial analysis and get shot. It is to their credit the effort is going in and any who are emptied now should go with our best wishes, pretty sure those who are going will know deep down anyway their fate if McKinnon gets better. I would think the team at the end of January will look nothing like it is now and won’t be playing in the same way either.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

I didn't attend the everyone loves Raymond evening but I was given to understand around 8 will be coming in in January?

But simple they maths you’ve got tbh. 

Maybe some of his 8 are squad players who he feels can do a better job than someone else in the squad but not starting 11? 

We’re gonna need to have competent options on the bench to change games if plan A doesn’t work.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

I wouldnt say its as simple as that, I am pretty sure any number of the 8 wont work. I hope we get the main of the 8 to make a big effect but overall its all about first 11 and subs in a game. I would say at the moment we are scraping an 11 out there and if Brough didnt get injured on Saturday, I doubt we wouldve made a sub, which tells its own story.

Mutch on the bench on Saturday, I'd guess the only one safe. We also cant get rid of players that wont go without £s out

While I agree that Harrison looked like a very different player on Saturday, I think McKinnon has more or less built the defensive set up around the things he can actually do reasonably well.

You often hear of good players having the team built around them. McKinnon may well have turned that practice on its head by building his defence around someone who was the subject of ridicule. The lack of Muirhead may have been one of those little twists of fate that introduced McKinnon to a defence that actually works (up to a point).

BPM is right. As long as we play a deep, fairly static back line, Harrison will be fine. Look for a bit of mobility in that back line (ie pushing up), and Harrison will enter a whole world of ineffective pain.

If he can keep things as they are til the end of the year, then maybe, just maybe, we could add another 8 to 10 points to what we have already. That would be pretty remarkable for a team playing with less than half a dozen players of the required standard each and every week.

I hope we can all agree that Ray's done an incredible job in managing to make a team of players who aren't good enough look competitive in games at this level.

I wouldn't have blamed him if we had 0 points in January, so to have amassed 7 so far is outstanding.

Edited by EdiBairn

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

While I agree that Harrison looked like a very different player on Saturday, I think McKinnon has more or less built the defensive set up around the things he can actually do reasonably well.

You often hear of good players having the team built around them. McKinnon may well have turned that practice on its head by building his defence around someone who was the subject of ridicule. The lack of Muirhead may have been one of those little twists of fate that introduced McKinnon to a defence that actually works (up to a point).

BPM is right. As long as we play a deep, fairly static back line, Harrison will be fine. Look for a bit of mobility in that back line (ie pushing up), and Harrison will enter a whole world of ineffective pain.

If he can keep things as they are til the end of the year, then maybe, just maybe, we could add another 8 to 10 points to what we have already. That would be pretty remarkable for a team playing with less than half a dozen players of the required standard each and every week.

I certainly think Muirhead's injury is a blessing in disguise (well not in much disguise).  The World's Worst Passer of a Ball is not missed.

Well done the rest of the team in getting a great result. Onwards.............. 

I see Hartley raising his head this morning moaning about SM and how clubs react to it and sack managers. Two things spring to mind.

1. Paul you made a roaring c**t of the job and people would think more of you if you held up your hands and admit it.

2. The media should challenge his premise and actually ask him if he thought he did a good job?

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I see Hartley raising his head this morning moaning about SM and how clubs react to it and sack managers. Two things spring to mind.

1. Paul you made a roaring c**t of the job and people would think more of you if you held up your hands and admit it.

2. The media should challenge his premise and actually ask him if he thought he did a good job?

I think it's widely known in Scotland was a shit job he done with us and what a wee c**t he is. 

It's just a shame it took managing us for him to be fully found out.

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I think it's widely known in Scotland was a shit job he done with us and what a wee c**t he is. 

It's just a shame it took managing us for him to be fully found out.

Hope the fat wee gerbil never manages again

8 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-hartley-hits-out-twitter-13581045

This greasy wee runt of a man doesn’t half know how to wind me up on a Tuesday afternoon. 

this is basically a Paul Hartley press release, you would like to think the reporter would have the balls to actually put some question to him about his f**k ups

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-hartley-hits-out-twitter-13581045
This greasy wee runt of a man doesn’t half know how to wind me up on a Tuesday afternoon. 

The irony being that the vast majority on here were more supportive of him than any previous manager that I can remember. Never seen so many avatars with the managers face.
I wasn’t in that club but he didn’t get much negativity from me either.
I questioned the strategy early doors highlighting how it could come back to bite us big time, and whilst it could have worked, it was his failing to bring players to the club that were adequate standard, so to say that I think he is being a little arrogant here is an understatement...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The irony being that the vast majority on here were more supportive of him than any previous manager that I can remember. Never seen so many avatars with the managers face.
I wasn’t in that club but he didn’t get much negativity from me either.
I questioned the strategy early doors highlighting how it could come back to bite us big time, and whilst it could have worked, it was his failing to bring players to the club that were adequate standard, so to say that I think he is being a little arrogant here is an understatement...

I was one of those, the standard of player that he brought in in January compared to the standard of players brought in this summer is what filled me with confidence. That along with the post January turnaround.