The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone think Dennon Lewis is better than Kevin O'Hara?

Seriously?

Both are very young so hopefully will improve over time. For that reason I don’t want to skate them too much.

Neither carry much goal threat and neither are what we need at this time.

If pushed, I would say I think O’Hara is slightly better.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seriously?

Lewis will play on Saturday I would think so he's got the chance to prove everyone wrong, and against a defence that is as bad as ours too. At the very least he needs to put in the same effort that the rest of the team have over the past few games. If he doesn't grab his chance he's only got himself to blame really.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Seriously?

The safest statement is that they are better than Dan Turner.

O'Hara seems to have lost that burst of pace he had and Lewis has a decent turn of pace but O'Hara seems to have a better footballing brain though the pair of them don't have the best of first touches.

The only conclusion Id have is, Id have both in front of Haber but have a hell of a lot to do to prove to anyone they are what we should be looking for to take us forward.

Bigger question- Haber or Turner ?

Edited by MrDust

Seriously?
I'm not a massive fan of either. both are strikers and don't score goals.

watched them both against Celtic last week and to be fair to Lewis he had a decent second half. I don't know how many times I've seen ohara now and I don't think I've ever seen him score

100% effort from Lewis isn’t what is going to do it for him. Any time he has been in the side, he gives it his all, but he seems to have an inbuilt magnet that drags him away from anywhere on the pitch that could see him influence the game. He likes to chase down lost causes...aye, ones that he definitely has no chance of getting.

Whenever he actually has possession of the ball, every nerve in his body is telling him to get rid of it in any manner possible. He has absolutely no composure with the ball at his feet. I wondered if he was one of those guys who looks fine in training,but as soon as the rubber meets the road, his brain just turns to mush.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Seriously?

Yes, O'Hara has scored 3 goals in 72 first team matches(many of which were at league 1 level), which is an appalling record for a striker. Neither are good enough though, and I'm sure Ray will move both on in January.

Edited by EdiBairn

35 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

100% effort from Lewis isn’t what is going to do it for him. Any time he has been in the side, he gives it his all, but he seems to have an inbuilt magnet that drags him away from anywhere on the pitch that could see him influence the game. He likes to chase down lost causes...aye, ones that he definitely has no chance of getting.

Whenever he actually has possession of the ball, every nerve in his body is telling him to get rid of it in any manner possible. He has absolutely no composure with the ball at his feet. I wondered if he was one of those guys who looks fine in training,but as soon as the rubber meets the road, his brain just turns to mush.

Don't disagree that he'll need more than just effort to make it and, in the past, he probably has given us that. However, when he came on against Ayr it looked like he wasn't bothering his arse! I wonder if he already knows that he's going?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't disagree that he'll need more than just effort to make it and, in the past, he probably has given us that. However, when he came on against Ayr it looked like he wasn't bothering his arse! I wonder if he already knows that he's going?

I doubt any of the players will've been told they're going. Ray is  a good manager and knows that telling players you want rid of them is  a sure-fire way to destroy morale and results, as happened with clown shoes last season when he came in.

Edited by EdiBairn

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I doubt any of the players will've been told they're going. Ray is  a good manager and knows that telling players you want rid of them is  a sure-fire way to destroy morale an results, as happened with clown shoes last season when he came in.

I wasn't specifically meaning that Ray had already told him, more that he knows where our deficiencies lie and knows that players will be leaving in January. Not much of a stretch to assume that he may be one of them. 

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Ray is  a good manager and knows that telling players you want rid of them is  a sure-fire way to destroy morale and results, as happened with clown shoes last season when he came in.

Not according to any players I spoke to. All were aware the axe could be coming, but nobody was told until after they'd played their last game for the club.

Or can you provide names, with details of the matches they played after being told?

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not according to any players I spoke to. All were aware the axe could be coming, but nobody was told until after they'd played their last game for the club.

Or can you provide names, with details of the matches they played after being told?

I didn't say he told individuals, but he did make it very clear to the dressing room that many of them would be going.

7 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

There doesn't always need to be a vocal interpretation to come out re players knowing their time is up, this summer McKee and Harris, last season Kerr, Miller, Austin, Hippo and Craigen would've known without being told that Hartley was planning their exits.

Hartley was a dick, which has been backed up by his management and a few behind the scenes and doesn't deserve any credit....even if he was right occasionally !!!

43 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Yes, O'Hara has scored 3 goals in 72 first team matches(many of which were at league 1 level), which is an appalling record for a striker. Neither are good enough though, and I'm sure Ray will move both on in January.

Neither is good enough for sure. 

I just think O'Hara does everything better than Dennon and doesnt shite out. 

But yeah, neither will do. In a pinch like the one coming this weekend, I would play O'Hara 9/10 though. 

Were you at the game yesterday? He was outstanding IMO.

He was decent but if he gets pulled out of that central area he is towing a caravan. He ain’t good enough long term for me

This is actually a pretty decent summary of Dennon, with the exception of when he came on in the Dundee Utd game and beat his man 2 or 3 times.

He shites out of anything even close to a challenge. Specifically the chasing lost causes that he cant get to is bang on.