The Falkirk FC Thread

Harrison has been very good in the last two games and the 3 at the back seems to suit him. I would keep him as back up if not a starter.
Irving is a talented laddie who I think will flourish with Bauben beside him; I would definitely keep him for the season if possible.
Petra's one of those who is very unpredictable, can be pish and good in the same move! Move him on if we can get better but I think his pace and effort are certainly plus points that can be used when required.
Yeah someone like Harrison needs to be carefully weighed up. You have to consider how much better than him we can get, versus how much more we need better elsewhere. That balance might work in Harrisons favour.

He might just get kept on that basis.

I would happily keep Harrison if it meant an extra couple of hundred a week to throe in for a striker, rather than a slight upgrade on Harrison and a lesser striker.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Harrison has been very good in the last two games and the 3 at the back seems to suit him. I would keep him as back up if not a starter.

Irving is a talented laddie who I think will flourish with Bauben beside him; I would definitely keep him for the season if possible.

Petra's one of those who is very unpredictable, can be pish and good in the same move! Move him on if we can get better but I think his pace and effort are certainly plus points that can be used when required.

Don't get me wrong, I think Irving will prove to be a very good player in future but one of the biggest issues we have is  a lack of creativity, which he's meant to be providing . 

Harrison has improved recently but is still far short of the level required IMO..

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Irving will prove to be a very good player in future but one of the biggest issues we have is  a lack of creativity, which he's meant to be providing . 

Harrison has improved recently but is still far short of the level required IMO..

Were you at the game yesterday? He was outstanding IMO.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah someone like Harrison needs to be carefully weighed up. You have to consider how much better than him we can get, versus how much more we need better elsewhere. That balance might work in Harrisons favour.

He might just get kept on that basis.

I would happily keep Harrison if it meant an extra couple of hundred a week to throe in for a striker, rather than a slight upgrade on Harrison and a lesser striker.

Agreed. 

We can't replace the whole team and I think it's obvious where our biggest deficiencies lie. The defence has been very good in the last 3 games so, assuming that they don't go backward massively between now and January, I'd leave well alone and spend any available money on a couple of strikers, two midfielders and a RB if Dumbaya isn't the answer.

By all means bring in a CH if there's money left and we can get better than we have though.

I think as long as harrison is instructed to just attack the ball and win headers  and tackles for 90 minutes with McGhee covering in behind him to cover for his lack of pace then he seems to be able to do a job at the moment. Brough to be fair has looked ok for the last few games as well, they were sleeping for the first 5 minutes yesterday so that has to be watched though.

57 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sammut is apparantly on 12k per week at Chelsea.

It's said that bringing Loy back and making him our highest paid player by far caused major unrest in the dressing room.  Can't see the board allowing another player to be brought in on more than the entire squad combined, even if we're not paying it. 

1 hour ago, Bofabairn said:

So much for stopping abusing our players!

whilst Fasan ain't a long term solution he's a young guy who kept us in the game yesterday.

let's try and be a bit kinder to our players.

Agreed I was at the game and if that had been Fasan,s debut I would think he's just what we need. I know how poor he has been in the past but there were no signs of that yesterday. 

49 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Harrison's interview comments were a bit a strange re if he is still there post January, I thought it a strange thing to bring up when he is a few month into a 2yr contract.

Irving is a tidy skillful player but his inexperience shows at times briefly, he also has the shot of Mark Kerr. I'd like to keep him till the end of the season tho.

Petra, if we could get the Ross County game version, I'd be eager for him to be here, can't fault his effort but I can his ability. Has there ever been a more off target shot at goal than his effort yesterday ?

I'd have Dallison and Haber top of the out list(couldn't separate them). I don't think we will see a keeper coming in tbh unless one of Mitchell or Fasan can get themselves a new club in January, doubt we will pay either off or have 4 keepers on our books and Mutch isn't ready yet.

Its probably easier saying who I'd keep as there are many I couldn't care either way, tho I don't want to see us make 9 changes for our starting 11, that won't help us

9 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Agreed I was at the game and if that had been Fasan,s debut I would think he's just what we need. I know how poor he has been in the past but there were no signs of that yesterday. 

Tbf he wasn't fully tested yesterday, no save he made was a wow, all pretty standard goalkeeping, the ones Dunfermline should've made him work in, were put wide or our defence got the block in.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Harrison's interview comments were a bit a strange re if he is still there post January, I thought it a strange thing to bring up when he is a few month into a 2yr contract.

Irving is a tidy skillful player but his inexperience shows at times briefly, he also has the shot of Mark Kerr. I'd like to keep him till the end of the season tho.

Petra, if we could get the Ross County game version, I'd be eager for him to be here, can't fault his effort but I can his ability. Has there ever been a more off target shot at goal than his effort yesterday ?

I'd have Dallison and Haber top of the out list(couldn't separate them). I don't think we will see a keeper coming in tbh unless one of Mitchell or Fasan can get themselves a new club in January, doubt we will pay either off or have 4 keepers on our books and Mutch isn't ready yet.

Its probably easier saying who I'd keep as there are many I couldn't care either way, tho I don't want to see us make 9 changes for our starting 11, that won't help us

I'd like to think that Harrison's comments mean that none of them know who is being kept or asked to leave.

Agree on Irving. He can be quite naive at times, often getting caught in possession and looks like he's not putting in enough effort. I think that's improving though and should continue to do so with Bauben guiding him.

Petra's shot was laughable however I can't agree entirely on the ability thing. Yesterday for example he left the full back for dead twice but over hit his cross both times. He lacks compuse at times and needs to learn to lift his head to pick a cross rather than just hitting it.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

53 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Tbf he wasn't fully tested yesterday, no save he made was a wow, all pretty standard goalkeeping, the ones Dunfermline should've made him work in, were put wide or our defence got the block in.

Not only wasn't he fully tested but he continued his habit of palming everything into our 6 yard box. If not for the incompetence of the fifers and lucky bounces of the ball then we would definitely have conceded.

48 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Irving has been very good in the last few games and Petravicius also good and getting better. I’d definitely keep both.

Certainly don't doubt Petravicius's effort or desire but I just don't think he's good enough to play at this level. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Agree with you on the comments re: Harrison yesterday but this is pretty much an open forum and pretty sure someone has mentioned there is to be another 4 out the door come January every chance they have read some of the comments,  Harrison and Dallison is a nightmare defensive duo i thought at the Ayr game Harrison was pretty solid he is looking a lot fitter and just seems that him and Dallison dont click.  Given his first interview for the club as well he seems as if whatever problems he had down south he is up here for a fresh start and for that and the fact he seems to be settling more i really hope he does well and RM keeps him as with Brough he seems to be adjusting to the game as well.

Edited by AL-FFC

2 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Coming from someone that felt Sheps was our level and good enough, I would lay off the glue if i was you.