The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

You do ken he wasn’t staying O’Hara is good enough but only better than Dennon Lewis aye?

It’s quite clear O’Hara won’t make it at this level however he’s clearly a far better option than those 2 goons Lewis and Haber.

Stenny fans would beg to differ. A far better option in what respect? 3 goals in 72 appearances for a striker perhaps?

Edited by EdiBairn

Praying for injuries for a late call up, meaning we can postpone

I get the concern re losing Petra and Rudd next week, but can we remember they are hardly prolific goal scorers either?
I’d rather the game goes ahead.
I think anyone staying after the final whistle could feel the positivity and togetherness of the players for the first time. I got the feeling that was a real confidence boost for them after the abuse (much of which was deserved), of recent weeks. I bet they can’t wait for Saturday....

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I get the concern re losing Petra and Rudd next week, but can we remember they are hardly prolific goal scorers either?
I’d rather the game goes ahead.
I think anyone staying after the final whistle could feel the positivity and togetherness of the players for the first time. I got the feeling that was a real confidence boost for them after the abuse (much of which was deserved), of recent weeks. I bet they can’t wait for Saturday....

Ones our top goalscorer and the other our 2nd top goalscorer which doesnt say much tbh but they both buy into what we are looking to do. 

Swap both with Haber and Lewis and we have one who wont run, wont win a header, wont hold the ball up(a skill neither Rudden or Petra does either tho) and generally turns gold into shite and we have Lewis who has decent pace about him, may run about like a dafty perhaps but has poor ball control, poor football brain and probably morale issues, Rudden and Petra in matches suffer similar to the above in a game but they both simply pick themselves up and go again. 

I dont think Petra had one of his better games yesterday, his shot from out wide that ended up just as close to the halfway line than the goal typical of him but he never stopped running which is the exact opposite of Haber

I hope we opt out for a 4-5-1 next week, I really dont want to see Haber play for us again

Edited by MrDust

Stenny fans would beg to differ. A far better option in what respect? 3 goals in 72 appearances for a striker perhaps?

Wit are you slavering? All I was stating is that Lewis and Haber are utter rancid. I’d rather bin the pair of them and recall Ohara as back up, at least he tries.

Wit are you slavering? All I was stating is that Lewis and Haber are utter rancid. I’d rather bin the pair of them and recall Ohara as back up, at least he tries.

He can’t play till January so no point

Wee Scotty Sheps moans aside, was just thinking if Ray can get a tune out the players, is there a chance he could improve O’Hara with coaching?

I sort of feel if John Baird never robbed him of that goal if he he would’ve kicked on from there with what would’ve been a massive confidence boost just after breaking into the first team. 

6 hours ago, Rocco said:
6 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:
If we are contributing anything at all to his wages, then yes, get him to f**k. If not, then he can hang around in case we need him to cut up some Oranges or something. 

We can only have a certain number of players on loan and he could be taking up a space that would allow us to get in a player who will make a bigger impact

Not on international loans there isnt. There is a domestic limit. You can can have your entire squad on international loan if you like.

4 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Dallison and Lewis are probably the worst of the lot. They shouldn’t play in the first team again. Id rather recall Ohara or play one of the younger boys than have that waste of space up top.

You cant recall him. Or rather you can, but he would be ineligible for 1st team until Jan 1st.

49 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Wee Scotty Sheps moans aside, was just thinking if Ray can get a tune out the players, is there a chance he could improve O’Hara with coaching?

I sort of feel if John Baird never robbed him of that goal if he he would’ve kicked on from there with what would’ve been a massive confidence boost just after breaking into the first team. 

How can a 'striker' with 3 goals in 72 first team matches(including 0 in 42 for us) can ever be good enough?

Ray will quite rightly be releasing him at the end of the season, and I doubt he'll play again for us.

Edited by EdiBairn

We need better than O’Hara.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

While Thistle might well be rancid, we are in no position to be offering no threat at all. A win next week could be transformational for our season, and near enough guarantee that we won’t be completely adrift by January.

If Paul Paton is indeed suffering that kind of illness (and the pressures that it brings to home and work life), then he deserves all the space we can give him.

While yesterday still didn’t feel like any sort of corner turned, it was good to see players other than Petra, Rudden and McGhee chipping in with consistent performances. While many were dreading Muirhead’s absence, if anything, the defence has looked more composed and structured without him. It keeps its shape so much better.

Harrison’s lack of pace doesn’t seem to be an issue in a defence that sits deep, and Brough is starting to look worthy of his place in the team. Bauben too is making a bid difference.

I know McKinnon said we needed 8 (to be a good side), but we might actually be mid table standard with another two front players (one to replace Haber), and a couple of midfielders.

Really can’t see Dallison and Lewis having any sort of future with us. Even Dallison’s brief showing yesterday demonstrated why he shouldn’t be near the first team.

If it is Lewis and Haber next week, then we really need to hope for a 0-0.

I think PP was saying in the Daily Ranger that he was, understandably, anxious after his unanticipated release by St Johnstone. If what I have heard is true then, as he implies on his interview, the issue has been a medical one and now that it has been identified there is every chance he will kick on and start playing to his potential. Good luck Paul.

31 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

How can a 'striker' with 3 goals in 72 first team matches(including 0 in 42 for us) can ever be good enough?

Ray will quite rightly be releasing him at the end of the season, and I doubt he'll play again for us.

He's not good enough but I'd rather he was playing instead of Haber or Lewis!

Given the somewhat improved performances over the last 3 games who is everyone thinking must be moved in January? 

Mines -

Haber, Lewis and Dallison are absolute musts to be shipped out. 

McKee and Sammut are probablies (though I’d maybe take a punt on Sammut if a perm deal was the thinking as I think he could maybe develop).

Id get Tommy Robson and McGhee on a longer deal if we can. 

Anyone got any info on targets that they can share?