The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Sorry I called you shite Paul. I thought you were just shite and not because you were having problems with your health.

Yeah after hearing his interview post match I respect that he’s at least acknowledging the issues and giving a reason / knowing himself it wasn’t good enough.

If he can play at the level he did yesterday he’s certainly a player who can play a part for us despite performances earlier in the season.

If he’s now getting better it’s obviously good for him as a person, but could also be a massive boost for the team.

Edited by BountyBairn

This pish with Rudden and Dan has got me riled.

We are on our arse at the bottom of the league and two of our key players are going to be missing for a crucial game. We don't have the squad to compensate for this.

We should be able to put a case forward to get this postponed. If its good enough for the greed is good league then it should be the same for the rest.

This pish with Rudden and Dan has got me riled.

We are on our arse at the bottom of the league and two of our key players are going to be missing for a crucial game. We don't have the squad to compensate for this.

We should be able to put a case forward to get this postponed. If its good enough for the greed is good league then it should be the same for the rest.
I am a bit pissed off over it too, its pish and could turn out to be a momentum killer, especially given its our two starters in our weakest position.

That said, we cant afford to fall in love with one system. If we have to play this week then Ray and the squad have to earn their corn. Its a pish situation but we are going to get injuries and suspensions.

Thistle are obviously rancid so I doubt we will be rope-a-doping to the same extent as the last two home games. Hopefully that means the loss of Petras pace is mitigated somewhat. Really need the midfielders to get up in support if carthorse Haber plays.

Of course, getting it postponed would be the best case I think.

If we are contributing anything at all to his wages, then yes, get him to f**k. If not, then he can hang around in case we need him to cut up some Oranges or something. 
We can only have a certain number of players on loan and he could be taking up a space that would allow us to get in a player who will make a bigger impact

12 minutes ago, Rocco said:

With the speculation that Haber will be sent back to Dundee in January, do we think Sammut will be returned to Chelsea as well?

I would say yes as if it's in our hands I don't see why Ray would want to keep him

Let's fucking hope so. Can begin his footballing  journey to the Isthmian League early...

While Thistle might well be rancid, we are in no position to be offering no threat at all. A win next week could be transformational for our season, and near enough guarantee that we won’t be completely adrift by January.

If Paul Paton is indeed suffering that kind of illness (and the pressures that it brings to home and work life), then he deserves all the space we can give him.

While yesterday still didn’t feel like any sort of corner turned, it was good to see players other than Petra, Rudden and McGhee chipping in with consistent performances. While many were dreading Muirhead’s absence, if anything, the defence has looked more composed and structured without him. It keeps its shape so much better.

Harrison’s lack of pace doesn’t seem to be an issue in a defence that sits deep, and Brough is starting to look worthy of his place in the team. Bauben too is making a bid difference.

I know McKinnon said we needed 8 (to be a good side), but we might actually be mid table standard with another two front players (one to replace Haber), and a couple of midfielders.

Really can’t see Dallison and Lewis having any sort of future with us. Even Dallison’s brief showing yesterday demonstrated why he shouldn’t be near the first team.

If it is Lewis and Haber next week, then we really need to hope for a 0-0.

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Dallison and Lewis are probably the worst of the lot. They shouldn’t play in the first team again. Id rather recall Ohara or play one of the younger boys than have that waste of space up top.

The same O'Hara who struggles to get a game for Stenhousemuir?

Edited by EdiBairn

14 minutes ago, dmcgregor7 said:
18 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
The same O'Hara who struggles to get a game for Stenhoisrmuir?

The same O'hara who's started 7 & came on in 4 in 13 league games? I wouldn't say that's struggling for games

19 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

How many goals has he scored?

You do ken he wasn’t staying O’Hara is good enough but only better than Dennon Lewis aye?

It’s quite clear O’Hara won’t make it at this level however he’s clearly a far better option than those 2 goons Lewis and Haber.