The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When St Mirren were in the midst of their great escape, I recall a game at TFS (maybe a 2-2 draw) when I was well impressed by the support they had. I wonder if we start putting points on the board pre/post January will there be a response from the fans?

Id certainly like to see more and more vocal at away games. Understandable why its not there now, but will it pick up?

I believe so, expecting 1k+ this saturday

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When St Mirren were in the midst of their great escape, I recall a game at TFS (maybe a 2-2 draw) when I was well impressed by the support they had. I wonder if we start putting points on the board pre/post January will there be a response from the fans?

Id certainly like to see more and more vocal at away games. Understandable why its not there now, but will it pick up?

It will definitely pick up if we show significant progress post Jan. 

I think fans will need a few good performances to regain some trust though. 

Bit Harsh on Mitchell imo.
ive felt relatively content overall with his performance. Rather him than Fasan any day.

Rather Mitchell than fasan as well, I thought he saw the shot late and Kerr runs in the way just before the shots hit - no saying it shouldn’t have been saved but not as black & white as it looks. As for him kicking out slowly he was told to do that.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Far too early to say relegation is a certainty or even a probability and a total nonsense to think it is the best solution to our problems.

Agree that the club needs a good clear out at all levels but that can be done without the huge backwards step of relegation and all that entails.

In my opinion we have a decent manager who is well aware of the changes needed within the playing staff and is working to address the situation.

Players at this level are going to go where they can earn a few hundred pounds a month more and get the relative security of a longer contract, remember these guys are only a couple of steps away from part time football and having to get a "real" job.

Even in our current position we are still a good option.

The discussions around the BOD / MSG need a speedy and positive ( new Board, new ideas and investment) conclusion, the businessmen looking to take control are serious and would bring  much needed vitality to the club.

Agree that relegation is not a certainty, but right now, it most certainly is a probability.

Given that up until Saturday, no-one managed to pick a starting eleven from the squad we have, then the chances of someone forecasting accurately the names of who will be incoming in January is ridiculously remote.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Agree that relegation is not a certainty, but right now, it most certainly is a probability.

Given that up until Saturday, no-one managed to pick a starting eleven from the squad we have, then the chances of someone forecasting accurately the names of who will be incoming in January is ridiculously remote.

Saturday was a bit of a step in the right direction i didn't think there was very much between the teams tbh as far as play goes but we need a proven striker Rudden is still young and learning, although in saying that he is still better than Haber.  I am hoping that RM manages to keep Harrison and Dallison apart as the 2 of them are woeful together if we are looking to offload players i would say Dallison, Fasan, Lewis and Haber but we need to recruit as looking at that squad list its bloody light.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Saturday was a bit of a step in the right direction i didn't think there was very much between the teams tbh as far as play goes but we need a proven striker Rudden is still young and learning, although in saying that he is still better than Haber.  I am hoping that RM manages to keep Harrison and Dallison apart as the 2 of them are woeful together if we are looking to offload players i would say Dallison, Fasan, Lewis and Haber but we need to recruit as looking at that squad list its bloody light.

I’m sure your management board will have Churchill’s quote on one of its wall charts somewhere, “ Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm”.  

Might be better if they just binned that crap and just told Rat to create some chances and have a few shots on target now and again.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Goal a game Graham. One of those players that there was a sense of anticipation when he got the ball. Will be fondly remembered by those that saw him play.

Johnny G and his goal machine. Swagger and class in front of goal. Once seen never forgotten. 

I’m sure your management board will have Churchill’s quote on one of its wall charts somewhere, “ Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm”.  
Might be better if they just binned that crap and just told Rat to create some chances and have a few shots on target now and again.

The king of banter strikes again.

I wonder if they have anything you could borrow on the subject of self respect?

20 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

SSN reporting that someone has been charged with throwing coins at a Dunfermline player during the game on October 6th... https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11793/11545627/man-charged-after-falkirk-coin-throwing

Missed the target, sums up our season really!

Should fine the club and deduct points i.m.o. 

Edited by parslad

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Falkirk need a bit of this spirit & attitude from now on.......I think the technical term for it is the  Anti-Haber effect. 

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/1361688643822/leeds-incredible-recovery-defence?playlist=twg-recommends

We need a bit of luck a lot of breaks and a  few  heros  to emerge if we are to avoid the drop. We  need a new beginning and to kick it off I suggest we should bin   amirillo as our goal celebration for a bit(remember the days)  and adopt the great escape as our anthem. Whistling that on a Saturday would at least bring a smile back. Singing were blue were white has become synonymous with the failure of the last ten years when for the most part we have been anything other than dynamite.  Let's get on board the HMS optimistic  from Saturday get right behind the team as a win in Fife could be  the beginning of a new dawn. 

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

We need a bit of luck a lot of breaks and a  few  heros  to emerge if we are to avoid the drop. We  need a new beginning and to kick it off I suggest we should bin   amirillo as our goal celebration for a bit(remember the days)  and adopt the great escape as our anthem. Whistling that on a Saturday would at least bring a smile back. Singing were blue were white has become synonymous with the failure of the last ten years when for the most part we have been anything other than dynamite.  Let's get on board the HMS optimistic  from Saturday get right behind the team as a win in Fife could be  the beginning of a new dawn. 

This is some heavy weirdness

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

f55.gif.1cb81f105358d2cb409c039d7a61a50f.gif