The Falkirk FC Thread

On 03/11/2018 at 09:02, AL-FFC said:

I dont know if i am being serious or joking on this but what about Usain Bolt didnt get a deal down in Australia but at least he would be fast and he couldnt be any worse than what we have in fact that would take some doing...lol 

:lol:

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Heard a few rumours tonight from a guy who is usually in the know. Believe what you will.

1) The former Partick Thistle right back is on trial but that’s been mentioned a few pages back.

2) McKinnon is thinking about bringing back Taiwo and Sibbald.

3) Louis Longridge has personally asked McKinnon to come and get him.

4) We approached Hibs a few weeks ago about the availability of Marvin Bartley in January. No idea now the position as he captained Hibs last week.

5) Greenwood was let go because his attitude was he was no part responsible for the mess we were in and thought he was bigger than the club.

6) There’s a two week window in January that we and Dundee have the option to cancel/recall Haber.

7) Lewis is apparently staying until the end of the season.

As I’ve said, no idea how much truth are in any of these but thought I’d share anyway.

Wow, almost all total nonsense. Good effort.

12 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Heard a few rumours tonight from a guy who is usually in the know. Believe what you will.

1) The former Partick Thistle right back is on trial but that’s been mentioned a few pages back.

4) We approached Hibs a few weeks ago about the availability of Marvin Bartley in January. No idea now the position as he captained Hibs last week.

5) Greenwood was let go because his attitude was he was no part responsible for the mess we were in and thought he was bigger than the club.

6) There’s a two week window in January that we and Dundee have the option to cancel/recall Haber.

As I’ve said, no idea how much truth are in any of these but thought I’d share anyway.

This guy 'in the know', work for the Daily Record does he? 

Woah wait, the Hibs captain against Hearts the other day in the Premiership, is perhaps going to a team looking likely to be playing in League One next season?  Is that what I'm reading in point 4?

I assume you have heard of loans deals north of Perth?

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Think about it who will sign for us in Jan. 

Wanted eight players to rescue our season, above average championship wages +win bonus.(we are 10 points adfift by then) Prospect of playing in  chamionship or possibly league one next season. Ambition to try yet again to get to the Premier league one day. Who with any sense and enough ability to make a difference would sign for us. This whole plan is as ill conceived as the one that got us into this mess. I hope I'm wrong and we can scrape through but more and more fans I speak to are of the view we should just take the drop rebuild the whole club from the bottom clear out the wage theifs and go again. 

Id guess we will have a large portion of loans and 6 month deals like last year where we brought in I think 8, I don't see a problem of getting in players, the big problem is if they are the right ones. 

I have never heard anyone saying take the drop and rebuild, dropping a division wouldn't automatically get rid of anyone if they dont wanna go. I cant see the likes of Paton wanting to leave a full time gig or any of the other 2yr ones where this is as good as it gets for some of them

13 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

complete bollocks

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Think about it who will sign for us in Jan. 

Wanted eight players to rescue our season, above average championship wages +win bonus.(we are 10 points adfift by then) Prospect of playing in  chamionship or possibly league one next season. Ambition to try yet again to get to the Premier league one day. Who with any sense and enough ability to make a difference would sign for us. This whole plan is as ill conceived as the one that got us into this mess. I hope I'm wrong and we can scrape through but more and more fans I speak to are of the view we should just take the drop rebuild the whole club from the bottom clear out the wage theifs and go again. 

Far too early to say relegation is a certainty or even a probability and a total nonsense to think it is the best solution to our problems.

Agree that the club needs a good clear out at all levels but that can be done without the huge backwards step of relegation and all that entails.

In my opinion we have a decent manager who is well aware of the changes needed within the playing staff and is working to address the situation.

Players at this level are going to go where they can earn a few hundred pounds a month more and get the relative security of a longer contract, remember these guys are only a couple of steps away from part time football and having to get a "real" job.

Even in our current position we are still a good option.

The discussions around the BOD / MSG need a speedy and positive ( new Board, new ideas and investment) conclusion, the businessmen looking to take control are serious and would bring  much needed vitality to the club.

I would expect there to be quite a few loan deals in January. Players who perhaps wanted to fight for a place and have ended up not getting much game time should be easier to deal with by then.  At the end of the day money talks so it will be interesting to see how far the bod push the boat out.

When St Mirren were in the midst of their great escape, I recall a game at TFS (maybe a 2-2 draw) when I was well impressed by the support they had. I wonder if we start putting points on the board pre/post January will there be a response from the fans?

Id certainly like to see more and more vocal at away games. Understandable why its not there now, but will it pick up?