The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Heard a few rumours tonight from a guy who is usually in the know. Believe what you will.

1) The former Partick Thistle right back is on trial but that’s been mentioned a few pages back.

2) McKinnon is thinking about bringing back Taiwo and Sibbald.

3) Louis Longridge has personally asked McKinnon to come and get him.

4) We approached Hibs a few weeks ago about the availability of Marvin Bartley in January. No idea now the position as he captained Hibs last week.

5) Greenwood was let go because his attitude was he was no part responsible for the mess we were in and thought he was bigger than the club.

6) There’s a two week window in January that we and Dundee have the option to cancel/recall Haber.

7) Lewis is apparently staying until the end of the season.

As I’ve said, no idea how much truth are in any of these but thought I’d share anyway.

Taiwo would be an outstanding signing. He's been playing for Hamilton though so I can't see it happening.

Heard a few rumours tonight from a guy who is usually in the know. Believe what you will.

1) The former Partick Thistle right back is on trial but that’s been mentioned a few pages back.

4) We approached Hibs a few weeks ago about the availability of Marvin Bartley in January. No idea now the position as he captained Hibs last week.

5) Greenwood was let go because his attitude was he was no part responsible for the mess we were in and thought he was bigger than the club.

6) There’s a two week window in January that we and Dundee have the option to cancel/recall Haber.

As I’ve said, no idea how much truth are in any of these but thought I’d share anyway.

Yep, Louis Longridge is definitely going to want to leave a team that's above you in the league, where he's been playing regularly (10 league appearances, was a regular until picking up an injury) and where he's lining up alongside his brother to go to a team he's just left 6 months ago. Oh, and who'd have to pay a fee for him.

All three parties have to agree to cancelling a loan. Why would Dundee agree to that, if you are even paying £1 of his wages?

In an ideal world we'd all be millionaires and we'd have Messi up front. As someone above said, you can only pish with the cock you've got. At least Ray has given it a bit of a wash and polish. 

Slightly related. The new football manager edition is giving me the rage as I can't pack Haber back to Dundee and he's accurately shite. 

Saturday was the first time I have seen Haber in the flesh. He is one of the most useless players I have seen.

In my Football Manager save he now plays in Fiji which might be his level.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Bit Harsh on Mitchell imo.

ive felt relatively content overall with his performance. Rather him than Fasan any day.

That fair tbh. Can’t remember exactly who (other than Loris and the Liverpool lad), but there’s been a high number of keepers earning ten of thousands a week who have been making howlers regularly this season.

Unless the “in the know” guy is Ray McKinnon, or maybe the guy who was Ray McKinnon’s best man at his wedding, I would take it all with a very big pinch of salt.

Longridge up front, Sibbald in midfield, Marty McFly at right back, Emmett Brown as club scientist. Job nearly sorted. Just got to get that Sports Almanac from Biff....

34 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yep, Louis Longridge is definitely going to want to leave a team that's above you in the league, where he's been playing regularly (10 league appearances, was a regular until picking up an injury) and where he's lining up alongside his brother to go to a team he's just left 6 months ago. Oh, and who'd have to pay a fee for him.

All three parties have to agree to cancelling a loan. Why would Dundee agree to that, if you are even paying £1 of his wages?

Wasn't that fussed about the Longridge rumour and couldn't really see it to be fair but having read your comments I'd Kevin Keegan it if it happened purely to see your reply.

What was the last rumour that actually turned out to be right?

Thinking back over recent signings I didn't read any names on here and have seen plenty folk take a stab at signings that didn't materialise.

In the main it's become obvious we are a closed shop and it's best to just wait on clarification from the club rather than a rumour on here or COYB.

49 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Maybe because there's a clause in the contact which allows it to happen?  Even if that clause and possibility hasn't been publicised by any of the parties?

There tends to be a lot of release / extension clauses which don't always  get published when a signing is made. I imagine the same holds true for MH. If Ray McKinnon doesn't want him then I suspect he'll be on his way back to Dundee in January.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

I'm going for 1, 5 and 7 in the likely to be real.

2, 3 and 4 sound far too mental to even be close to true.

6 is possible but unlikely.

Will look back in February and see how I did.

3 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I cant see us being in for either Taiwo or Sibbald, the latter wouldn't leave Livvy to come back, 3 and 4 sound ridiculous, 5 & 7 sound plausible and I am currently praying 6 is true, if not please pay him up and send him back.

I think we will be in for Ralston again in January, tho a spanner in the works with the Muirhead injury might speed up a right back coming in sooner

Feckin long time till Jan 1st

Taiwo and Sibbald both played against eadh other at the weekend I don’t see that happening as Holt is a big fan of Sibbs.

Longridge played under Ray at Raith along Ryan Hardie(plz come in Jan) 

Ralston has been languishing in Celtic reserves and the odd appearance on the bench.

Bit Harsh on Mitchell imo.

ive felt relatively content overall with his performance. Rather him than Fasan any day.

He has played 3 and a half games and sold two goals maybe even 3.

None of them are the required quality along with the cast majority of the team.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

I cant see us being in for either Taiwo or Sibbald, the latter wouldn't leave Livvy to come back, 3 and 4 sound ridiculous, 5 & 7 sound plausible and I am currently praying 6 is true, if not please pay him up and send him back.

I think we will be in for Ralston again in January, tho a spanner in the works with the Muirhead injury might speed up a right back coming in sooner

Feckin long time till Jan 1st

Think about it who will sign for us in Jan. 

Wanted eight players to rescue our season, above average championship wages +win bonus.(we are 10 points adfift by then) Prospect of playing in  chamionship or possibly league one next season. Ambition to try yet again to get to the Premier league one day. Who with any sense and enough ability to make a difference would sign for us. This whole plan is as ill conceived as the one that got us into this mess. I hope I'm wrong and we can scrape through but more and more fans I speak to are of the view we should just take the drop rebuild the whole club from the bottom clear out the wage theifs and go again. 

Edited by Stainrod

Think about it who will sign for us in Jan. 
Wanted eight players to rescue our season, above average championship wages +win bonus.(we are 10 points adfift by then) Prospect of playing in  chamionship or possibly league one next season. Ambition to try yet again to get to the Premier league one day. Who with any sense and enough ability to make a different would sign for us. This whole plan is as ill conceived as the one that got us into this mess. I hope I'm wrong and we can scrape through but more and more fans I speak to are of the view we should just take the drop rebuild the whole club from the bottom clear out the wage theifs and go again. 
Are they though? Because I dont know of anyone who wants that.

Woah wait, the Hibs captain against Hearts the other day in the Premiership, is perhaps going to a team looking likely to be playing in League One next season?  Is that what I'm reading in point 4?

11 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Enjoyed reading this. Keep us up to date with how your Champ Man season is going?