The Falkirk FC Thread

Indeed. The Herald named a few who've been on trial recently, as did BPM. And there are others who haven't been named anywhere and were playing in closed-door games as recently as Wednesday.
McKinnon is doing his damnedest to find players and has run his eye over a fair number of free agents since he arrived. Unfortunately it seems that so far he hasn't found what he's looking for.

Would be absolutely delighted if he managed to bring in a couple of decent free agents but my comments on fitness stand, cannot possibly be match fit if not playing games.

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would be absolutely delighted if he managed to bring in a couple of decent free agents but my comments on fitness stand, cannot possibly be match fit if not playing games.

Half fit signings would be an improvement on what we have.

On 03/11/2018 at 01:02, Believe The Hype said:

You just plead the case earlier that St Mirren only got promoted and could justify their academy because they used money made by their sales to fund the first team that went on to win the league. .So again, the academy has f**k all to do with getting promotion if it isn't bringing in money. Cash is king in our situation not the tears of some pathetic parents that fear their cash cow children are mediocre at best and won't provide their pensions. 

They used the cash from player sales yes but they also wouldn't have got promoted without the likes of Lewis morgan and Kyle magennis in their side particularly the former.  So the academy had a huge influence on them going up both providing the cash to fund players coming in and providing top young talent to perform on the pitch.

have had time to reflect on the two games this week and despite us being cut adrift at the bottom of the league a d not seen us win in the league since April I'm actually fairly upbeat.

I think we have a good central midfield pairing in buaben and Irving. the defence of 5 looks better organised and restricted the 2 tabke toppers to half chances. Robson is looking up for the fight. our formation tits our players better. we have energy speed and industry in Rudden and petravious (albeit a bit naive at times).

I think we'll start to pick points up before January.

biggest concern is I have no confidence in our goalkeepers and we could do with someone showing some composure in front of goal.

As  a brief aside to the more general pointing and laughing at Falkirk, it's amusing to see the wagons being circled around McKinnon right now because he apparently doesn't have any decent players available. While nobody was gutted to see him leave Morton, Mark Russell must have at least 70 appearances comfortably playing left-back in teams who were mid-table at this level. Given the rest of the rabble that he found after snaking his way over, McKinnon's decision to freeze Russell out for the second time in a handful of months is clearly down to some personal issue rather than a credible judgment of his ability. 
A manager who wasn't such an egotistical dickhead would have swallowed their pride and actually played all of the better players in his squad by now, but instead you ended up with Ray 'Ray' McKinnon. Hard lines. 
IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.e2901e126842ba6407dc87a15e2225a9.jpg 

Tommy Robson is better than Russell. He is in the team Russell isn’t end of story

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Big favourite of bygone years, Johnny Graham has passed away.

A complete and utter star of a player from the side of the 60s. There were many childhood heroes in the side back then, but Johnny Graham and George Gibson were the two incredibly elegant players who for me, were the jewels in the crown.

Johnny was good enough back then to feature in any Scottish side today. He really was a very special player.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Played a huge 4 games for a pretty pish partick. Wee bit concerning.

Not concerning at all for me. It sounds like a have had quite a few on trial and none have been deemed good enough so far. Ray will only sign them if he thinks they are good enough and and fit enough.

Houston would probably have signed the lot of them up!

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

Not concerning at all for me. It sounds like a have had quite a few on trial and none have been deemed good enough so far. Ray will only sign them if he thinks they are good enough and and fit enough.
Aye this. Costs nothing to have a look and much rather he did so and said yes or no than panicked into signing shite.

Hopefully we are tapping folk up for January too and offering them more money etc. You know, folk from wee diddy teams.

I still think Falkirk will comfortably stay up. You’re hardly far adrift at the bottom and anyone can beat anyone in this league. McKinnon’s a c*nt but no one can deny he’s a decent manager. He got us a decent squad and had us playing good football until he left. I’m sure he’ll sort it out in January. 

I think when it comes to signing shite, Hartley trumps Houstie tbf.

2 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Oh I agree but Houston did sign some absolute cross that had been on trial with us in the past. 

He also got us to a cup final and sandwiched in the league between Rangers and Hibs so he wasn't all bad. It just went downhill really fast.

Mentioned many times, but the Partick and Alloa games are pretty much the threads by which our season hangs.

If McKinnon were to somehow conjur up six points there, then who knows, that plus a draw or two elsewhere might be enough to keep us in touch with what is looking increasingly like a pack above us (rather than one or two detached from the other seven).

Alloa and Partick are the current realistic targets, but they might not be the only ones come March and April.