The Falkirk FC Thread

Haha, I can't disagree with any of the rest to be honest. The floated ball to the opposition keeper is one of my pet hates too. While we are on the subject of effort and graft in the midfield, I have been pleased to see Irving improve considerably in this area in recent weeks. I was initially of the opinion that he didn't justify his place due to a lack of defensive ability but he seems to be getting the balance right now and I can only assume Raymundo is behind it.
I think he will improve in the midfield 3 aswell tbh. Specially if he is on the left side with Robson outside of him. Hel get good runs from Robson and Buaben takes the pressure off him needing to be the engine of the team.

That said, he needs to calm down a bit in terms of shooting. Couple of howlers the other nights. Seems to be a decent striker of the ball too but he seems to get over excited and lash at them from open play.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think hiding is the worst of his crimes, coming in just in front of picking up utterly avoidable bookings, shanking the ball out of play and followed closley by having loads of time to pick a pass and floating it aimlessly to the goalkeeper.

You'd think the only reason some folk go to the games is to abuse Paton,some were a disgrace the other night,irrespective of how good or bad he is.

You'd think the only reason some folk go to the games is to abuse Paton,some were a disgrace the other night,irrespective of how good or bad he is.
I am not big on abusing our own platers during a game tbh. But Paton is as bad as I have ever seen in a Falkirk shirt. That said, he didnt deserve abused on Tuesday. Already mentioned how ridiculous the boy who called McKee a disgrace sounded.

Our fans are ridiculous sometimes though but I suspect thats universal across football. Some of the shouts you hear are just brutal.

6 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Credit where it's due, I thought he had a decent spell immediately after half time. Normally the time we start to fold.

Granted Paton is limited mind you the current crop most of them are but pretty sure he was the replacement for Taiwo just with a bit more fitness thing is Tommy T could break up play and put in a tackle paton is just limited at both mind you if he could do a full 90 minutes of the first half at Somerset then he wouldnt be so bad.  At the moment its just difficult placing he fault for the position at one players door when they are pretty much all just as culpable of being guilty for to blame.

It’s utterly disgraceful to abuse any players good or bad. These people are human beings with feelings and many have family at the game. Constructive criticism maybe but abuse never.
Even opposition?

Cos... I like abusing opposition.

I mean, when the RC players were stood over Muirhead lying on the turf giving him shit for timewasting whilst he had a broken ankle I was seething. I cant not hate them for that split second.

Can we do that at least?

What does the man want, a bloody cuddle? We're bottom of the league with 4 points out of 33 and he has been dugshit. If he can't take abuse from the stands he's in the wrong profession. 

Granted, he does appear to be in the wrong profession. 

When Paton missed that open goal in the first half because he’s too feart to use his left foot I completely lost it...and I’ve no problem with that. In terms of any ability on the ball Paton is by far the worst player in the team, made worse by the fact he plays in an area of the pitch where putting your foot on the ball is crucial. I never want to see him in a Falkirk top again. f**k Paton.

2 hours ago, brokeville said:

It’s utterly disgraceful to abuse any players good or bad. These people are human beings with feelings and many have family at the game. Constructive criticism maybe but abuse never.

‘Prime Seat’ Season Ticket Holder found.

As long as the abuse doesn't get too personal or anything out of order then I'm all for it.

Football is theatre and if you remove that nasty element then you lose a lot of what makes it great entertainment. (obviously stopping short of the nonsense at Tynecastle the other night)

Also, telling Paton how shite he is is fair enough because he's utter shite. 

As long as the abuse doesn't get too personal or anything out of order then I'm all for it.
Football is theatre and if you remove that nasty element then you lose a lot of what makes it great entertainment. (obviously stopping short of the nonsense at Tynecastle the other night)
Also, telling Paton how shite he is is fair enough because he's utter shite. 
^^^Canny afford to chuck coins LOL!!!

Na only joking. You are right and in general when targeting our own, IMO our support are full of shite. Its the totally unrealistic shouts that get me. No winger can skin his man every single time for example, which is one that gets me riled up.