The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Bit harsh on Joe boi. Thought he was decent. Got caught out once or twice which resulted in us giving up the ball but is tidy and keeps the ball moving. Unlike Paton who just lumps it in to whichever box he is facing. That said, Paton was also above his usual 2/10 levels tonight.

i know, normally i'd agree with you and would pick McKee for the team myself.......but I watched him second half tonight and he barely got near the ball once, and I can't recall him putting in a challenge. Not sure if it's fitness or what, but in my book he was probably the weakest on the park tonight. Maybe if he gets some consistent time in the team he'll get a bit more drive.

18 minutes ago, squeekybairn said:

i know, normally i'd agree with you and would pick McKee for the team myself.......but I watched him second half tonight and he barely got near the ball once, and I can't recall him putting in a challenge. Not sure if it's fitness or what, but in my book he was probably the weakest on the park tonight. Maybe if he gets some consistent time in the team he'll get a bit more drive.

I kind of like the guy. But 3 managers in, he’s done only that one free kick against Utd that’s worth talking about. Just not good enough. 

Not that Paton is any better. 

Bairnardo - do you have any thoughts on Paton? 

I think we need to give some credit when it's due, apart from his miss just before HT. I thought Paton done well, he was all over the park, broke up play, never scared to get stuck in and looked much fitter than he's been, still closing people down and charging all over the park right up to the final whistle

I know the boo boys will not like this but I'm sure that's the player McKinnon plays every week as he knows his capabilities.

Well done, maybe give his confidence a boost. Showed some heart and passion, pretty awful miss though...

I thought Paton was pretty poor to be honest and his miss was pretty special. He hardly endearing himself to the crowd though, especially when give a section of the crowd the finger late on in the game. He did get told by McKinnon to shut the f**k up which I enjoyed. Petra and Irving both excellent but was surprised with Petra being taken off though. Haber is one lazy b*****d.

I thought Paton was pretty poor to be honest and his miss was pretty special. He hardly endearing himself to the crowd though, especially when give a section of the crowd the finger late on in the game. He did get told by McKinnon to shut the f**k up which I enjoyed. Petra and Irving both excellent but was surprised with Petra being taken off though. Haber is one lazy b*****d.

Petra signalled to the bench he was injured

Just shows you how far we've fallen when we're simply praising players for running about a lot. Effort was certainly  a lot better tonight apart from McKee who looked like he couldn't be arsed and Haber who was murder again.  Still a severe lack of quality from the likes of paton, Rudden and muirhead who would be 3 of the first players i'd be looking to replace with real quality.  Thought petra and mcghee were excellent and Robson was a breath of fresh air again. Worrying that mckinnon cant see he needs to start every week when its so obvious to many. Our team of a couple of seasons back wouldve won that game comfortably which makes it all even more annoying when theres a title and promotion there for the taking. Anyway if we can get a few players in quick then all is perhaps not lost.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just shows you how far we've fallen when we're simply praising players for running about a lot. Effort was certainly  a lot better tonight apart from McKee who looked like he couldn't be arsed and Haber who was murder again.  Still a severe lack of quality from the likes of paton, Rudden and muirhead who would be 3 of the first players i'd be looking to replace with real quality.  Thought petra and mcghee were excellent and Robson was a breath of fresh air again. Worrying that mckinnon cant see he needs to start every week when its so obvious to many. Our team of a couple of seasons back wouldve won that game comfortably which makes it all even more annoying when theres a title and promotion there for the taking. Anyway if we can get a few players in quick then all is perhaps not lost.

Let’s be honest here, zero point in bemoaning a league here for the taking when our only possible aim is to avoid relegation.
Let’s get that job done then look to get back amongst the promotion contenders next season.

Just on the Robson point, when McKinnon decided to change the system to one in which Robson can play, he put him straight in and got a performance out of him. Not sure what the issue is there. I would have him at LB and Brough in the middle even in a 4 with McGhee, but I think it is now pretty clear Robson is seen as a LWB and when we need one, he will play.

44 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Let’s be honest here, zero point in bemoaning a league here for the taking when our only possible aim is to avoid relegation.
Let’s get that job done then look to get back amongst the promotion contenders next season.

That's exactly what we were saying this time last year. By the time we get a decent team on the park(if ever) you just know that United will be getting there game together and Dundee will be buying there way out the league. You've got to strike when the time is right which has been last season and this season. No point in having a decent  side when you've got hee haw chance of winning the league .

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just on the Robson point, when McKinnon decided to change the system to one in which Robson can play, he put him straight in and got a performance out of him. Not sure what the issue is there. I would have him at LB and Brough in the middle even in a 4 with McGhee, but I think it is now pretty clear Robson is seen as a LWB and when we need one, he will play.

As you say whether your playing 4 or 3 at the back he's got to play as he's simply better than anyone else we have.  He's not perfect by any means but its not as if the other options in that position are rock solid defensively . His attacking threat easily outweighs the very slight defensive boost of playing for example Brough there. It should be a feckin no brainer starting him.

Very encouraging how well we done last night playing the 352 considering we would only have had a few days to prepare. 

The defence is by no means perfect but I'd be happy to go with what we have minus Dallison and Harrison and adding 1 centre back and a right sided defender until the end of the season. 

The midfield is where we need most work in my opinion. I'd keep Irving and Buaben but try and replace the rest. Sign 2 quality centre mids and a striker and I'd be happy. 

5 signings I think that is. Doesn't sound too much to ask for :lol:

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There is no issue McKinnon just wanted height in the team hence why Robson hasn't been included, Tommy is happy at the club and with McKinnon this comes from the man himself.

The effort and application was excellent and shows what we could achieve by giving our all in each game. County were easily the better footballing side but didn't really threaten and it was always likely that it would be a special goal that would do us.

I thought that that was our best defensive display of the season, all three of them played well and Muirhead is much better when played in his proper position. Hopefully McKinnon will go with the same formation on Saturday.

Paton put himself about well, making his presence felt, but he lacks the composure to put his foot on the ball and pick a pass. He tends to panic when he has the time to do anything, usually just punting it into space. Bauben would give us the same physical presence whilst providing more quality and I feel that Irving and Sammut would benefit much more from playing alongside him.

Petra can show us some real quality and none at all within the space of two or three seconds but his effort and desire can't be denied and, if played to his strengths, he can be an effective player for us, particularly if we use the tactics that we used last night. Kidd was fine but I still think that we need more pace in that position and I would try Russell there at some point.

Aero, Petra and Rudden all picked up knocks with Aero's looking pretty bad so we could be down to the bear bones on Saturday if these three along with possibly Bauben miss out.

There is no issue McKinnon just wanted height in the team hence why Robson hasn't been included, Tommy is happy at the club and with McKinnon this comes from the man himself.
I didnt mean issue with Robson I meant taking issue with Robson not playing when we go 4 at the back.

15 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Yeah having height at left back has worked out well hasn't it. What a load of utter tosh would he have played Brough in front of Phillip Lahm too as he was only 5 foot 6.. Play the best player in the position for fecks sake.

Edited by Shodwall cat