The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Given the vague nature of any potential punishment for Falkirk should the cases be decided against them it might be sensible for them to try and do a deal with Morton and get the complaints withdrawn. 

Despite the entirely sensible post from Dunning about ITK, it's not that hard to have contacts within a club who'll know what's going on. One or two Falkirk fans have posted comments on this thread which are far more insightful than you realise.  

Or at least they're insightful in that they reflect current opinions & knowledge within the hierarchy at FFC. I doubt any of them know what Morton are thinking.

I do know that Falkirk are very confident of their position. For that reason I wouldn't get your hopes up for any deal being done.

Jeezo, Falkirk has managed to attracted some utterly bizzarre obsessives during my time on P&B with St Mirren, Clyde & St Johnstone fans (amongst others) clogging up our threads with long forgotten but clearly important to them at the time angsts but this Morton lot are absolute bottom-of-the-barrel level f'cktards.

Fucking hell :lol:

55 minutes ago, port-ton said:
58 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:
I'm sure the cushty media gig had nothing to do with his decision to call it day :rolleyes:

He joined Dundee Utd because he wanted to compete for titles before he retired, so I'm sure the fact he'd be joining the worst full time team in Scottish football history had more to do with it than appearing on sportscene every few weeks.

Come on now, I'm sure we can all get together and have a laugh at the time Dunfermline finished 7th (seventh) in the seaside league. 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'm sure the cushty media gig had nothing to do with his decision to call it day :rolleyes:

His massive arse last season will have been that bit bigger with no pre season for him, he did score 16 goals but overall I think he struggled and probably wasnt enjoying it 

39 minutes ago, port-ton said:
48 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:
Yes we have deep seethe for our friends over the water and our games can get quite tasty at times. Unlike Morton who nobody really cares about unless you are one of the five who support them. 

Between us and Connah's Quay you've now been pumped twice this season by teams with less combined fans than Falkirk have players.

The claims of a small club where a pumping is 1-0

30 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'll be glad when all this pish is over. Never seen so much fuss made over a guy moving jobs.  I think Morton fans are just happy to have something to get excited over as nowt else seems to ever happen to them apart from the odd seaside league victory.  This is what happens in modern day football. Managers get tapped up indirectly  all the time . McKinnon had obviously made it quite clear he was desperate to get out of Morton or we wouldn't have bothered our arse approaching the morton chairman in the first place for a manager doing well who had only been in place for a couple of months.  Morton seem to be right up there with  Dunfermline in the sour grapes grass brigade stakes. 

I think this is very likely to be the case!

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Hope you are not the one advising the club on its litigation strategy. The first route to compo is against the three who broke their contracts. Ultimately it might well be the club that settles on their behalf but initially a multi pronged attack is the best approach I think though there is a short time limit for raising actions in employment cases. . No reason why Morton should leave it with the SFA if their decision is legally perverse.

Given the vague nature of any potential punishment for Falkirk should the cases be decided against them it might be sensible for them to try and do a deal with Morton and get the complaints withdrawn. 

That'll be a civil case then, theres no registration of staff contracts with a governing body, so little the spfl can do other than a slap on the wrist, which is exactly why nobody here can remember a club or manager ever being sanctioned. 

The SFA have even less to do with it. Since there's been no hint of a civil or employment law case being raised and the only thing filed has been a wee letter to the spfl which has no idea how to even handle it, you have to assume Rae has gotten fed up rolling around in his own shit and has gone off for a shower. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
40 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
I think McKinnon approached us.

He tapped us up.... Beautiful.

Laing will be standing in front of the judge, who will be holding up a model of the stadium. 

"Mrs Laing, can you show the court on the model where Mr McKinnon tapped the club?" 

1 hour ago, port-ton said:
2 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:
Yes we have deep seethe for our friends over the water and our games can get quite tasty at times. Unlike Morton who nobody really cares about unless you are one of the five who support them. 

Between us and Connah's Quay you've now been pumped twice this season by teams with less combined fans than Falkirk have players.

I am not sure if you are on drugs or just mental?  anyway Port-ton I will let you get on with your melt down and to be honest not give Morton another thought until we play them again in the league. Keep clutching on to the hatred although it won't be good for you in the long run. 

Edited by Stuperman01

11 minutes ago, Bairn Optimist said:

In other news, TOE has signed for Hereford FC. I assume it’s definitely the TOE who was released by us however their manager’s description of what his inclusion will add to the Team seems somewhat off the mark!

So am I missing something here?Surely  he cant play for them until January although the interview says he will go into the squad for the weekend. Or is this another amateur signing? Mind you his description of him is a totally different player than the one we had anyway.

Edited by Shodwall cat

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So am I missing something here?Surely  he cant play for them until January although the interview says he will go into the squad for the weekend. Or is this another amateur signing? Mind you his description of him is a totally different player than the one we had anyway.

I spoke to Tom on Tuesday when he was going round saying his goodbyes. He said the rules are a bit different if it's cross-border. Apparently it took a while to get confirmation from the football authorities, hence why he didn't leave at the same time as the four who departed earlier in the month. I'd guess he was the only one who had an English club lined up.

3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I spoke to Tom on Tuesday when he was going round saying his goodbyes. He said the rules are a bit different if it's cross-border. Apparently it took a while to get confirmation from the football authorities, hence why he didn't leave at the same time as the four who departed earlier in the month. I'd guess he was the only one who had an English club lined up.

Strange that. So if you go to England you can play straight away mental. The herefore fans aren't half going to be scunnered when they hear what thbeir manager says and then actually see what they're getting.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Strange that. So if you go to England you can play straight away mental. The herefore fans aren't half going to be scunnered when they hear what thbeir manager says and then actually see what they're getting.

You just know he's going to be fucking awesome down there. Whether it's a case of levels, too far from home or a rotten atmosphere up here. Could well be a player who had a lot of promise and got well and truly lost along the way. He was shite here, but that's hardly been exclusive to him. No hard feelings if he picks up again.