The Falkirk FC Thread

Wonder why they went after McKinnon? It's not normal to go after anyone - player or manager - just a few months into their contract. Unless of course they knew he wanted out...

Maybe someone contacted Falkirk, not the other way around :whistle

The Easdales wanted rid of McKinnon because he refused to play Zander Easdale and didn’t want his team turning into Newcastle Reserves. I feel a bit sorry for Crawford Rae here, been left out the loop and will end up looking pretty stupid after all of this.

Crawford ruining his Dads legacy here. Shame. When will Morton fans wake up and smell the coffee?

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The Easdales wanted rid of McKinnon because he refused to play Zander Easdale and didn’t want his team turning into Newcastle Reserves. I feel a bit sorry for Crawford Rae here, been left out the loop and will end up looking pretty stupid after all of this.

That be why some 6 weeks on he still hasn’t been involved yet we have youth players in every squad. Absolute crap 

8 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The irony :lol:

You've spent weeks saying nothing was happening, insinuating that Morton hadn't actually made a complaint and that anyone who thought this could possibly go to a tribunal is an idiot. It has now been confirmed that a complaint was made and a tribunal will take place, which proves you were talking utter bollocks. You can drop the ITK act.

Like the rest of us, you have absolutely no idea how the SPFL are going to rule on this. Maybe they'll take one look at it decide Morton are being ridiculous and throw it out while ordering Morton to cover any costs Falkirk might have accrued. Maybe they'll decide Falkirk are guilty of the alleged rule breaches and hand down any of the possible punishments available to them. Like me and everyone else, you don't know what's going to happen because you haven't seen McKinnon's contract with Morton and weren't party to any of the conversations between Falkirk, Morton and McKinnon on the day he went to Falkirk. It's okay to admit that you don't know what's going on.

You like to keep telling me that. Btw, you clearly have no grasp of irony.

Anyway, they have chosen to write a letter of complaint to the SPFL. That is a million miles away from legal litigation and demands for £100k. What I do know is that two weeks ago, no letter of complaint existed.

Now go look up a definition of “irony”.

......and no, I am not “like you”.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

I think we will be looking at better quality than what Morton have just now.

Spend more money on higher reputation players all you want. That will make the inevitable liquidation when you slide to the seaside leagues all the more sweet.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You like to keep telling me that. Btw, you clearly have no grasp of irony.

Anyway, they have chosen to write a letter of complaint to the SPFL. That is a million miles away from legal litigation and demands for £100k. What I do know is that two weeks ago, no letter of complaint existed.

Now go look up a definition of “irony”.

......and no, I am not “like you”.

Well, obviously. If this was raised anywhere it was always going to be with the SPFL rather than a court and anyone who was talking about court action is an idiot, but that pretty much amounts to Branch Ton by himself. 

All the times you said that Morton were clearly 'backtracking' or 'giving up', that nothing would be raised with 'the authorities', you were including raising a complaint with the SPFL in that. If you're going to claim you were right anyway because nothing is being raised with a court then you're just moving the goalposts because for some reason you don't want to admit that you were wrong.

As for your two weeks claim, yes, I definitely believe that you're party to all correspondence between Morton and the SPFL and aren't making shit up again.

53 minutes ago, port-ton said:
1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:
I think we will be looking at better quality than what Morton have just now.

Spend more money on higher reputation players all you want. That will make the inevitable liquidation when you slide to the seaside leagues all the more sweet.

Trust me we don't need to spend through the nose to improve on what we or Morton have just now.