The Falkirk FC Thread

"I left the training ground today on an absolute high," he wrote. "On my way to my car I received a call from Falkirk to ask permission to speak with our manager.

"Six hours later, Falkirk announce Ray McKinnon as their new manager. To me it is clear there could have been discussions with our manager ahead of their call to me.

Basically those 2 words are key to this the only thing to ask is did Morton say yes when Falkirk asked for permission.

The whole issue is because Morton never thought for a minute that Ray would actually take  the job.  Chairman was then left with egg on face and started mumping about  the timescales to cover his own riddy.  If you're letting  a manager talk to a club you can't then say to him I'm no accepting your resignation if he chooses to leave.  Your leaving it up to the manager to make the decision surely.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Its a bit ambiguous that statement "whether or not we permitted Ray to talk to Falkirk" so did they or didn't they which is going to come down to a case of did you say he could speak to Falkirk in case of yes, case closed or no then there is a problem but if he says no what evidence was there as Morton could lie about it.  This is all going to come down to hearsay speculation with a severe lack of any credible evidence.

The Morton Chairman has already babbled that he gave permission. Good luck to him trying to retract that statement.

He has said that his issue is McKinnon’s resignation. Nothing to do with Falkirk then. 

27 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The Morton Chairman has already babbled that he gave permission. Good luck to him trying to retract that statement.

He has said that his issue is McKinnon’s resignation. Nothing to do with Falkirk then. 

It would be if they can show he was induced to break his contract as per the rules posted earlier.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

"I left the training ground today on an absolute high," he wrote. "On my way to my car I received a call from Falkirk to ask permission to speak with our manager.

"Six hours later, Falkirk announce Ray McKinnon as their new manager. To me it is clear there could have been discussions with our manager ahead of their call to me.

Basically those 2 words are key to this the only thing to ask is did Morton say yes when Falkirk asked for permission.

6 hours ffs.  How can a contract not be signed in 6 hours?

'Right Ray, this is what we can offer you a year.  This is your player budget.  We need 4th as a minimum.  All good?'

'Yep, where do I sign?'

Couple of hours max.  Not sure that the Morton chairman is getting at here.  Well I do, but it's not as if it takes several days to move to a new job.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Permission to speak to Falkirk was not an agreement that the threesome’s contracts be cancelled. The threesome did though effectively breach the terms of those after Falkirk induced them  to work for that club on the Friday night and beyond and thus effectively abandon their  Morton contractual responsibilities which were still extant. 

Fakirk were either extremely arrogant or incredibly niaive in the way they acted on Friday/Saturday.  

9 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Permission to speak to Falkirk was not an agreement that the threesome’s contracts be cancelled. The threesome did though effectively breach the terms of those after Falkirk induced them  to work for that club on the Friday night and beyond and thus effectively abandon their  Morton contractual responsibilities which were still extant. 

Fakirk were either extremely arrogant or incredibly niaive in the way they acted on Friday/Saturday.  

It’s a fine post apart from the bits that aren’t factual. You can use legalise all you like, that still doesn’t make any of your posting true or relevant (as you will soon discover).

I think Morton have more pressing concerns ahead regarding who is moving in rather than who has moved out.

24 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Unless there is proof they were induced then your argument doesn't hold water, Morton give RM permission to speak to Falkirk - Morton agrees permission for RM to speak to Falkirk - RM speaks to Falkirk - Falkirk give Ts and Cs to RM - RM accepts - RM resigns his position at Morton

or are you one of those people that say f*ck it with the small print and Ts and Cs and say yes to any sh*te thrown at you for a contract  knowing yoour going to be unhappy at your current job.

How long do you mull over a new job offer as the real world for the rest of us its take it or leave it after your given Ts and Cs actually surprised it took him 6 hours.

Edited by AL-FFC

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s a fine post apart from the bits that aren’t factual. You can use legalise all you like, that still doesn’t make any of your posting true or relevant (as you will soon discover).

I think Morton have more pressing concerns ahead regarding who is moving in rather than who has moved out.

The irony :lol:

You've spent weeks saying nothing was happening, insinuating that Morton hadn't actually made a complaint and that anyone who thought this could possibly go to a tribunal is an idiot. It has now been confirmed that a complaint was made and a tribunal will take place, which proves you were talking utter bollocks. You can drop the ITK act.

Like the rest of us, you have absolutely no idea how the SPFL are going to rule on this. Maybe they'll take one look at it decide Morton are being ridiculous and throw it out while ordering Morton to cover any costs Falkirk might have accrued. Maybe they'll decide Falkirk are guilty of the alleged rule breaches and hand down any of the possible punishments available to them. Like me and everyone else, you don't know what's going to happen because you haven't seen McKinnon's contract with Morton and weren't party to any of the conversations between Falkirk, Morton and McKinnon on the day he went to Falkirk. It's okay to admit that you don't know what's going on.

11 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You've spent weeks saying nothing was happening, insinuating that Morton hadn't actually made a complaint and that anyone who thought this could possibly go to a tribunal is an idiot. It has now been confirmed that a complaint was made and a tribunal will take place, which proves you were talking utter bollocks. You can drop the ITK act.

Like the rest of us, you have absolutely no idea how the SPFL are going to rule on this. Maybe they'll take one look at it decide Morton are being ridiculous and throw it out while ordering Morton to cover any costs Falkirk might have accrued. Maybe they'll decide Falkirk are guilty of the alleged rule breaches and hand down any of the possible punishments available to them. Like me and everyone else, you don't know what's going to happen because you haven't seen McKinnon's contract with Morton and weren't party to any of the conversations between Falkirk, Morton and McKinnon on the day he went to Falkirk. It's okay to admit that you don't know what's going on.

Thank you. 

Now you can take all your pals and feck off back to your own thread. Shows over. 

17 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

No matter what happens, the utter seethe from the Inverclyde horse addicts has been glorious. Hopefully the SPFL can spin it out until next season.

Starting to wonder if Morton fans are acting this way because they know that when McKinnon lifts the lid on his reasons for leaving that they’ll be in a real mess?

Proper small club stuff is just delicious to feast on. 

Id maybe get it if we were flying but we’re pish , what’s the big deal? 

Edited by BountyBairn