The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I He's lost six of his seven games so far; just about anybody could have done that or better. I suppose he might totally turn it around - especially in January- but will need to be pretty special for it to justify the added headaches for those running the club.

trust most Bairns on this one with the squad we assembled i think most of us have admitted this is the single worst Falkirk side in living memory for most of us and that takes some doing, most managers will have signed someone that either doesnt fit with the rest of the squad or are not good enough Hartley single handedly manage to sign the worst group of collective individuals and imposters trying to pass themselves off as football players and that alone takes some doing.

He has an uphill battle and trying to work with the sh*T we have signed would take its toll and crush anyone manager (it actually pains me to be so negative about my team but i couldn't or would find it hard to find any positive from them even Rudden and Irving are getting dragged down with the rest)

Edited by AL-FFC

I know your fishing but il give you the bite your looking for.
Millar fucking hates rat snake b*****ds not a fucking chance hes joining your utter car crash of a club.

The truth is probably somewhere in between what both clubs are claiming tbh.
Also rat snake b*****d saying the truth will be out on his reasons for leaving and that hes not the bad guy here well spill then why hold back after the hounding he took on saturday either hes fucking lying or theres some good shit about to kick off.

The amount of swearing here. Whether McKinnon is any good or not, months down the line he’s still got you absolutely rattled. Small club mentality showing through here.

Was that for Stewart alone, or Chris Mitchell as well? Either way, it was hilarious. More than we could have sold him for if we'd wanted to. 

We got less than 150k in the end

I don't think McKinnon is a poor manager by any means but with this Morton complaint now moving onto the SPFL, you have to question whether he was really worth this hassle? I know McIntyre and McCall were approached first but there was surely somebody unemployed that could have been approached?
He's lost six of his seven games so far; just about anybody could have done that or better. I suppose he might totally turn it around - especially in January- but will need to be pretty special for it to justify the added headaches for those running the club.

No no no

According to our Chairman McKinnon was the only person offered the job

5 of Hartley's summer signings punted before the clocks have changed tells its own story to anyone that's isn't a Falkirk fan. 
I wonder what supplement the Herald would have us collect up the howgate should he ever show his face around here again. 

Not to forget the 8-10 we cleared out early in January too and I assume more will go this window.

We must have the negotiations down to a fine art now.

How much cash has been wasted?

13 hours ago, Kennedys_Moustache said:

No, he didn't. 

He's just in before branch ton. They are now going to have to prove tapping a manager that their chairman has admitted giving them permission to speak to. They will also, somehow, have to prove we induced McKinnon to walk out on his contract. Which will involve the legal teams getting a look at the contract, and any clauses in said contract. 

Spicy. 

And none of that, even if proved, will involve compensation being paid. This will be points deducted, or a sanction on the club. If Morton want compo, they need to be after McKinnon, and that's firmly in tumbleweed territory at the moment. 

Tapping is only one of your worries. One would imagine that before signing McKinnon and Taylor  your legal team would have carried out due diligence and checked that  their contracts  with Morton had been legally terminated ie their resignations  had been accepted and the date from which those were effective. It’s a fact that McKinnon was under contract to , and working for, Morton on the Friday on which the transfer deadline closed. It also seems that he may have been  working on Falkirk’s behalf, including trying to make player signings on that very same Friday.  If McKinnon was legally under contract to Morton for all of that  Friday and the Saturday and some time beyond as well   the situation is akin to you playing someone whose registration is held by another club,  though potentially much worse. 

8 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

The truth is probably somewhere in between what both clubs are claiming tbh.

Also rat snake b*****d saying the truth will be out on his reasons for leaving and that hes not the bad guy here well spill then why hold back after the hounding he took on saturday either hes fucking lying or theres some good shit about to kick off.

8 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

I know your fishing but il give you the bite your looking for.

Millar fucking hates rat snake b*****ds not a fucking chance hes joining your utter car crash of a club.

Interesting concept. Does it have the head of a rat and the body of a snake or vice versa?

Tapping is only one of your worries. One would imagine that before signing McKinnon and Taylor  your legal team would have carried out due diligence and checked that  their contracts  with Morton had been legally terminated ie their resignations  had been accepted and the date from which those were effective. It’s a fact that McKinnon was under contract to , and working for, Morton on the Friday on which the transfer deadline closed. It also seems that he may have been  working on Falkirk’s behalf, including trying to make player signings on that very same Friday.  If McKinnon was legally under contract to Morton for all of that  Friday and the Saturday and some time beyond as well   the situation is akin to you playing someone whose registration is held by another club,  though potentially much worse. 

You're the loser that tweeted Zak Rudden aren't you?? [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me, is this McKinnon/Morton/Falkirk thing still going on?

Yes and doesnt look like its going to end anytime soon, you would have thought the only Legal experience coming from Greenock would be breaking and entering, serious assault, shoplifting,  GBH, and  domestic abuse it now looks like employment law has been added to their experience..lol 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

The amount of swearing here. Whether McKinnon is any good or not, months down the line he’s still got you absolutely rattled. Small club mentality showing through here.

Rattled you say

Just the truth im affraid hes a lying rat snake b*****d.

Still bottom pleasing girfuy.

22 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

im affraid

im affraid you are a wee bit illiterate. The fact that you are “still bottom pleasing” is your choice, but it’s just too much information for this thread.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

5 of Hartley's summer signings punted before the clocks have changed tells its own story to anyone that's isn't a Falkirk fan. 

I wonder what supplement the Herald would have us collect up the howgate should he ever show his face around here again. 

Hope Mitch sticks that in his LinkedIn profile.

Jesus Christ Morton aren't half making a real cant of themselves over this.  Manager given permission to talk to a club. Manager talks to club. Manager wants to leave club. Club don't want him to leave so manager resigns. Manager joins other club.  It happens every week somewhere in the football world and yet this seems to be some kind of utter shock to people in Greenock.  If anyone is at fault its mckinnon who has resigned from morton where he had a contract and that would obviously depend on the details of said contract.  Yes there may be the need for Mckinnon to pay compo probably provided by us so I'm not sure why Morton are taking us to the SPFL and not Mckinnon.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Hope Mitch sticks that in his LinkedIn profile.

Probably not, given that his Ross County section omitted to mention the many duds he supplied them with, and the reasons behind his less than amicable parting of the ways in Dingwall. That’s the stuff we seemed to miss completely, (and are now paying the price for that omission).

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Jesus Christ Morton aren't half making a real cant of themselves over this.  Manager given permission to talk to a club. Manager talks to club. Manager wants to leave club. Club don't want him to leave so manager resigns. Manager joins other club.  It happens every week somewhere in the football world and yet this seems to be some kind of utter shock to people in Greenock.  If anyone is at fault its mckinnon who has resigned from morton where he had a contract and that would obviously depend on the details of said contract.  Yes there may be the need for Mckinnon to pay compo probably provided by us so I'm not sure why Morton are taking us to the SPFL and not Mckinnon.

.....because they are trying to make a case for tapping. They knew shortly after their chairman’s outburst that their “£100k” claim was utter bollocks, and so this was the only avenue open to them to make it look like they are doing something/anything to back up the bluster.