The Falkirk FC Thread

To be fair on the lad his tweet actually seemed genuine. Just turned up like an extra in a bad movie.
I actually feel for him a bit. He's a young guy who was probably told he was good enough to play in this league yet he's spent most of his time struggling in the reserves. It can't have been easy for a young guy to feel like that.

I'm glad he's gone though

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

I actually feel for him a bit. He's a young guy who was probably told he was good enough to play in this league yet he's spent most of his time struggling in the reserves. It can't have been easy for a young guy to feel like that.

I'm glad he's gone though

Yeah not sure how anyone could harbour any ill feeling towards him but he clearly had no place here so best off home. 

Haber has the quality for this level has he?  One of those football training dummies on a base that you dribble round has more goal threat than Haber has.  I've never see such a useless striker since Rory Loy's second time with us.  Hell, I'm female, in my 50's, fat and can't play football, I'll give Haber a run for his money.
Hey, I'm 40's, A Pars supporter (certified dark side) Tall, dark, a few breathing problems and a long red sabre.
Fancy a grilled ewok sometime?

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think its basically impossible to tell. Its also almost impossible to criticise. Most on here have said that getting points here and there with this team is impossible. So Ray by default has to get a free pass till January.

January is certainly his proving ground though no doubt about that. I think he deserves credit for the Buaben signing though. A name we all know, experience of doing well in this league and above, and none of us had ever even mentioned him in passing. I also think he is working hard with trialists etc.

My opinion of him so far is I like him, and if we finish 9th or 10th it will be because the damage was already too much.

There was a slight murmur towards him in an unfavourable manner after the Dunfermline game but the same murmur comments were made after a defeat to the pars under Jeffries. I still think he is a safe option but hints of sticking to the 4-2-3-1 seems to be creeping in(I am not a fan of the formation)whereas at the start he was trying various formations.

He has tried to cajole, coach what we have as a squad for now, freed 5 of Hartleys superstars tells its own story with more to come which kinda blows up the Hartley roadshow talk of running a smaller squad where we can afford to have 2 players out on loan and free 5 and still have a team out on Saturdays.

It is by no means gonna be one hell of a car crash till January and the hope is that we can fix it to get back on the road, which is where McKinnon will have to earn his crust, of course murmurs against him will come out if we get a beating v the pars but overall the majority of us are wishing away the season till January.

I am still 70/30 regarding him as an appointment though

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think its basically impossible to tell. Its also almost impossible to criticise. Most on here have said that getting points here and there with this team is impossible. So Ray by default has to get a free pass till January.

January is certainly his proving ground though no doubt about that. I think he deserves credit for the Buaben signing though. A name we all know, experience of doing well in this league and above, and none of us had ever even mentioned him in passing. I also think he is working hard with trialists etc.

My opinion of him so far is I like him, and if we finish 9th or 10th it will be because the damage was already too much.

That's funny. You were on here two weeks ago having a go at people saying the players aren't good enough for this level and how delighted you were that they're now "showing what they're really about". Surely in that case it must be Mackinnon's fault we're bottom of the league, and the board should be reviewing his position?

33 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

That's funny. You were on here two weeks ago having a go at people saying the players aren't good enough for this level and how delighted you were that they're now "showing what they're really about". Surely in that case it must be Mackinnon's fault we're bottom of the league, and the board should be reviewing his position?

Good to see that despite red dotting my suggestion you've actually taken it on board and have managed to quote something that was actually said.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
Good to see that despite red dotting my suggestion you've actually taken it on board and have managed to quote something that was actually said.

He hasnt grasped anything about context or interpretation but aye its a start.

To be fair, he struggles with positioning and finding space. Context may well be beyond him. 

7 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Genuinely can’t wait for Chris Millar to join us in January.

I know your fishing but il give you the bite your looking for.

Millar fucking hates rat snake b*****ds not a fucking chance hes joining your utter car crash of a club.

5 hours ago, Rocco said:

If Margaret Lang has made an arse of this then she needs to walk.

Having said that, I honestly don't think she will have. She may have contributed to shite footballing decisions, however, law is where her skills lie so I'd expect her to have this all above board

The truth is probably somewhere in between what both clubs are claiming tbh.

Also rat snake b*****d saying the truth will be out on his reasons for leaving and that hes not the bad guy here well spill then why hold back after the hounding he took on saturday either hes fucking lying or theres some good shit about to kick off.

12 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

The truth is probably somewhere in between what both clubs are claiming tbh.

Also rat snake b*****d saying the truth will be out on his reasons for leaving and that hes not the bad guy here well spill then why hold back after the hounding he took on saturday either hes fucking lying or theres some good shit about to kick off.

Still buzzing after your cup final win on Saturday it seems. How are the celebrations going, have you had the open-top bus tour yet?

I don't think McKinnon is a poor manager by any means but with this Morton complaint now moving onto the SPFL, you have to question whether he was really worth this hassle? I know McIntyre and McCall were approached first but there was surely somebody unemployed that could have been approached?

He's lost six of his seven games so far; just about anybody could have done that or better. I suppose he might totally turn it around - especially in January- but will need to be pretty special for it to justify the added headaches for those running the club.

12 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I don't think McKinnon is a poor manager by any means but with this Morton complaint now moving onto the SPFL, you have to question whether he was really worth this hassle? I know McIntyre and McCall were approached first but there was surely somebody unemployed that could have been approached?

He's lost six of his seven games so far; just about anybody could have done that or better. I suppose he might totally turn it around - especially in January- but will need to be pretty special for it to justify the added headaches for those running the club.

He's done an incredible job already managing to get 3 points. Pep Guardiola wouldn't be able to turn a bunch of league 2 players into championship ones.