The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Apparently nowt to do with compensation (as that was always a non starter from a football club perspective), but is seeking punishment for an alleged “tapping” but with no supporting evidence whatsoever from Morton beyond their own hearsay.

The panel members will be of great interest......but the word is if this is indeed what Morton are playing at, their own Chairman’s public utterances have already sunk any case they felt they had. Let the fun begin.

On 11/10/2018 at 15:54, Duncan Freemason said:

More importantly, how are Morton progressing with their compensation claim? I would imagine the rumour that their Chairman has failed to raise an action with  the football authorities, nor is the matter in the hands of lawyers is just that....a rumour.

I am sure the Morton punters behind the £100k infestation on here are simply waiting on their cash windfall to materialise......you know, that £100k compensation that their chairman said was coming their way weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks ago.

On 11/10/2018 at 16:20, Duncan Freemason said:

No need mate. You know as well as I do that nothing is happening.

These posts have aged well.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

These posts have aged well.

6 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Did you read the above post m9?

No, he didn't. 

He's just in before branch ton. They are now going to have to prove tapping a manager that their chairman has admitted giving them permission to speak to. They will also, somehow, have to prove we induced McKinnon to walk out on his contract. Which will involve the legal teams getting a look at the contract, and any clauses in said contract. 

Spicy. 

And none of that, even if proved, will involve compensation being paid. This will be points deducted, or a sanction on the club. If Morton want compo, they need to be after McKinnon, and that's firmly in tumbleweed territory at the moment. 

Edited by Kennedys_Moustache

5 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Did you read the above post m9?

Yes. Much like the rest of Duncan Freemason's posts on the matter, I filed it under 'made up pish', because like the rest of us he clearly doesn't have a clue whats actually going on.

Does anyone actually hold the contracts of staff in the same way that player registrations are held by the SFA? If not, then would any breaches of staff contracts be a civil matter in the same way as any other standard contract? 

So other than a small slap on the wrist, I'm not seeing what could come of this. 

Mind when a tribunal decide that Mark Stewart was worth a small fortune? Tribunals, for development compensation or otherwise, have been known to arrive at some very strange decisions from time to time. 

Like most, I'll be watching with interest. 

Just now, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Mind when a tribunal decide that Mark Stewart was worth a small fortune? Tribunals, for development compensation or otherwise, have been known to arrive at some very strange decisions from time to time. 

It'll be fun. I still chuckle at that decision. Development fee tribunals are wild things. This thankfully, is a legal based one. There will need to be hard evidence of wrong doing or it'll be another tear stained presser from Crawford Rae. 

If it goes against us, we'll at least have good leverage to force the board out. If it goes for us, we'll have to dig out Ainslie and go fishing. 

3 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

235k if I’m correct.

He might know a lot of names but do you seriously think that anyone even approaching mediocre will want to join Rat and the sinking ship that is  Failkirk.
The same guy who doesn’t rate Mark Russell chucked a two year contract at one goal Bobby Barr so his ability to spot and work with talent is limited. You are doomed. 

f**k off Branch Ton

34 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Amazing what a standard uefa or some European football ruling to the exact pound or euro can do for you in regard to Mark Stewart

On the other hand correct me if I am wrong,  a manager leaving a club after permission to speak to a club and perhaps a clause in his contract or not....I really dont think there is ruling in our own governing body or a European one.....but please keep clutching them straws

If Margaret Lang has made an arse of this then she needs to walk.

Having said that, I honestly don't think she will have. She may have contributed to shite footballing decisions, however, law is where her skills lie so I'd expect her to have this all above board

Well go back and sort peoples divorces then.

It wasn’t, just curious what people were thinking
I think its basically impossible to tell. Its also almost impossible to criticise. Most on here have said that getting points here and there with this team is impossible. So Ray by default has to get a free pass till January.

January is certainly his proving ground though no doubt about that. I think he deserves credit for the Buaben signing though. A name we all know, experience of doing well in this league and above, and none of us had ever even mentioned him in passing. I also think he is working hard with trialists etc.

My opinion of him so far is I like him, and if we finish 9th or 10th it will be because the damage was already too much.

The replies to TOE’s farewell tweet are quite something.
”Once a Bairn. Always a Bairn”
Aye fucking right.

To be fair on the lad his tweet actually seemed genuine. Just turned up like an extra in a bad movie.