The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Two questions:  1.  If Nile played up front by himself would he be the Lone Ranger?   2.  Do we really want someone who was a suspect in a rape case, has been in trouble with the police many times and has been in prison recently for fraud anywhere near our team?   I don't care how good he may be, that's not a Bairn.

Question 1. May I refer you to the forums of Crystal Palace, Southampton and Newcastle as well as a couple of MOTD episodes, and also I believe, one episode of Football Focus where this very question was asked on so many occasions.

His CV marks him out as a Livingston player.

Is the TOE departure confirmed anywhere? If true, I am sure it’s as much of a relief to the boy as it is to us. Spectacularly out of his depth.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Nobody can be sure, especially after our last managerial appointment. Time will tell when he brings in his own players.

I think mckinnon is a good manager potentially one of the best we've had . In his desparation to leave Morton however I'm not sure he's jumped from the fire into the sparks of another fire. Managers can only  work in a bubble with the players for so long. The atmosphere at the club generally has to be right for him to perform and I fear that is where and why he may come to rue his decision. Its only my hunch but I suspect everything is not rosy at the top of the club. Our revolving door of failed managerial appointments over the last decade  speaks volumes anyone who thinks our underperformance can only be attributable to the staff be they managers or players is nieve. 

We're shit up front and we're shit at the back. We're slightly less shit in the middle now Buaben has signed.  We need a decent experienced centreback and a decent centre forward as priotity.  I'd like to think an organiser at the back and someone to lead the line would see some immediate improvements .  Hopefully they would drag some better performances out of at least some of the other players and you can then work out what to prioritise next.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Good to hear the McKinnon is at least trying to resolve some issues. None of it might come off, but good to see its strikers he's trialling 

Really don't think more unknown players are what we need. I'd be looking to bring in guys like Buaben who are proven at this level. Any free agent who has played recently in the championship or upper league 1 would improve us IMO.

Really don't think more unknown players are what we need. I'd be looking to bring in guys like Buaben who are proven at this level. Any free agent who has played recently in the championship or upper league 1 would improve us IMO.
No names though, just a broad, wooly statement.

Of course, Dylan Mackin played at both ends of the Championship last season, thus proving your statement to be shite.

Cheers for the well thought out remedy though Sheps.

Known or unknown, pedigree or no pedigree, experienced “at this level” or not experienced “at this level”. None of it matters.it all now distils down to good or bad. Doesn’t even matter if they get along with the other players or not, as it’s unlikely many of them will be around for very long.

If they pose a goal threat, and can hold the ball for more than a couple of seconds without running it out of play/laying it off to no one/being dispossessed, then that would be a big help.

Opposition managers see the “Falkirk Nil” stuff, and know we pose little threat up front, so are setting up accordingly. Unless we give the opposition something to think about in terms of a goal threat, it’ll be fail after fail after fail from now until it’s too late.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Known or unknown, pedigree or no pedigree, experienced “at this level” or not experienced “at this level”. None of it matters.it all now distils down to good or bad. Doesn’t even matter if they get along with the other players or not, as it’s unlikely many of them will be around for very long.

If they pose a goal threat, and can hold the ball for more than a couple of seconds without running it out of play/laying it off to no one/being dispossessed, then that would be a big help.

Opposition managers see the “Falkirk Nil” stuff, and know we pose little threat up front, so are setting up accordingly. Unless we give the opposition something to think about in terms of a goal threat, it’ll be fail after fail after fail from now until it’s too late.

DF - That sounds a bit like the Hartley approach?

Of course, Dylan Mackin played at both ends of the Championship last season, thus proving your statement to be shite.

Aye we’ve had him, Haber, Froxylias, Fasan and Paton all who have recent experience of this level or higher and each one has been rank.

We simply need to bring in a higher quality of player and it’s completely irrelevant where the players come from or where they used to play.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The worst player to play for Falkirk since I started going to games in 1996.

There’s a few candidates in the current squad.

Its now beyond any doubt that it’s the worst Falkirk team ever.

Hilariously* bad.

*hilarious if we weren’t going to get relegated, obviously.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not a football manager or scout, so no I don't have a list of names who would come to us. However, Martin Woods, Gordon Greer, Massimo Donati, Steven Smith, Gary Fraser, Paul Quinn, Gary Irvine, Jean-Yves M'Voto, Bilel Moshni and Luca Gasparotto are all currently without clubs, and all of whom(even Gasparotto) would be an improvement on the quality and ability we currently have).

Just now, EdiBairn said:

I'm not a football manager or scout, so no I don't have a list of names who would come to us. However, Martin Woods, Gordon Greer, Massimo Donati, Steven Smith, Gary Fraser, Paul Quinn, Gary Irvine, Jean-Yves M'Voto, Bilel Moshni and Luca Gasparotto are all currently without clubs, and all of whom(even Gasparotto) would be an improvement on the quality and ability we currently have).

Gasparotto.

That’s our saviour?

Gasparotto.

Gasparotto?